ADVERTISEMENT

Local Area High School Football Schedules, Scores, Point Standings

TDHelmick

Hall of Fame Poster
May 29, 2001
As always I will post all area football scores, schedules and MPSSAA 1A West point standings on a web page. With games getting underway this weekend, it's time to crank out those results.

LINK: Local Football Scores

** Interesting note - Silver Oak gets their season underway this Saturday afternoon opening with Imhotep Charter out of Philly. Ahhhhhh, Imhotep is the Pennsylvania reigning highest class state champion who went 15-0 last year. Coach Mcleod and his Rams fear no one! The game will be played directly at Silver Oak Academy field, which is the same place they will host Alco and FH later in the year. The field has no lights so it's day games.

Games of interest this weekend

Bedford hosting state champion Bishop Guilfoyle tonight.
Central (PA) hosting Hollidaysburg tonight - familiar FH foes past and present

Last edited:
Reactions: ultrawalt
Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute........a Pennsylvania state champion is playing that well known cupcake Silver Oak??? Sounds like Imhotep is scheduling just to make the playoffs! I mean like, aren't they worried about what others will think?

All those Top 50 Maryland teams in their own backyard and Silver Oak goes clear up to Philly to grab a pretender, they may be Pennsylvania's highest class state champion, but how would they do in a PG County Public League? LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: towpath94
I see Imhotep won 62-0.Guess they want to go back to the playoffs without any challenges.

It could have been MUCH worse for Silver Oak. Imhotep was up 54-0 at the half.

Also, I know you're being facetious, but this game has no bearing on Imhotep's playoff standing. PA is like most of the good football states where non-conference games don't matter at all, it's all about how you do in your league/district/region. A much better system IMO.

Reactions: Waggle Pass
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT