ADVERTISEMENT

Little Trivia !

GREEN75

All State Poster
Sep 22, 2009
In 1975 Fort Hill won a State Championship. Chuck Spangler was the starting QB. Who started out at QB the first 4 games and was considered one of the best. He could throw well and run! Who was this man ???

Mark Paupe is right Waggle. He was considered one of the best QB's. After the fourth game he wasn't feeling well and had the famous Kissing disease (mono) and was out for the remainder of the season. Some other enjuries where Bob Hadra(neck) and Dave Bittner (broken leg). But other people stepped in and took the Sentinels to there first state championship!

Mark did have a subway pass and we left him hang out with us in Lacy's corner !

Yea, south end Boys are a fighting breed! If you messed with one, don't turn your back they'll get ya back big time. Once in awhile a few of us get together and hang out on the corner. But a lot of us are out of town living of have past. Brian Thorpe, Jerry Lewis, Steve Wakefoose, John Abbott, Rich Trail, John Hershberger, Greg Eversole,RIP my freinds !!!

Dad graduated in 55 I believe and grew up a block from there on the Avenue. Lots of great stories. And he still tells them.

Yea, it was great growing up below the subway. We lived at Post playground playing baseball all day in the summer, played football and shoveled off the basketball courts in the winter! They use to flood the canel for ice skating and the beer under the ice was good and cold !!!! Nothing like a good ole Lacy's hogie ! Thank god the k-bar is still there !!! And I forgot the canel and river was a lot of fun!

Heck yeah the hoagies were great. Dad used to tell stories of stealing ice from somewhere down there as a kid and rabbit hunting in the city. Crazy stuff. Not many messed with him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT