ADVERTISEMENT

Let the chaos begin!!!!!

My two cents is I really can't stand Harbaugh, and playing FSU would have been a fairly easy victory for Michigan. Could Oregon, Ohio State, or Alabama beat Michigan in that 4 slot, absolutely. If we're putting the 4 best teams in I'd go with all three over FSU as this FSU team is not the same team it was the first 10 weeks. I think the committee having it in their guidelines that they can consider injuries is not their fault...like they say don't hate the players hate the game.

I’ve watched more teams play great the whole game . Then lose because they decided to put the prevent defense in on the last series of the game. That defensive coordinator and head coach from Tennessee are complete Idiots for letting Alabama go all the way down the field like that.

That game made me wonder if it wasn’t fixed. They’re lucky I’m not the athletic director.
I have felt that way about the NFL for years regarding seeming fixed.

All this talk of sports being fixed is one of the dumbest, most exhausting talking points about sports. Have you seen the social media profiles of college and professional athletes? No chance in hell they’d all stay quiet if some kind of fix was in. Sometimes coaches make idiotic decisions and athletes make bad plays at crucial times.

All this talk of sports being fixed is one of the dumbest, most exhausting talking points about sports. Have you seen the social media profiles of college and professional athletes? No chance in hell they’d all stay quiet if some kind of fix was in. Sometimes coaches make idiotic decisions and athletes make bad plays at crucial times.
I wouldn’t say fixed but I would say certain games are controlled more than others due to all the money being gambled. The real winner with bama making the playoff is going to be sports gambling sites and locations. The SEC fan base and the bama fan base will pour hundreds of millions of more dollars in to gambling than FSU or the ACC fans would’ve. Bama v Michigan will draw twice the viewership that Michigan v FSU would’ve so I’m sure the Disney company is happy that ESPN will have the extra viewers

I wouldn’t say fixed but I would say certain games are controlled more than others due to all the money being gambled. The real winner with bama making the playoff is going to be sports gambling sites and locations. The SEC fan base and the bama fan base will pour hundreds of millions of more dollars in to gambling than FSU or the ACC fans would’ve. Bama v Michigan will draw twice the viewership that Michigan v FSU would’ve so I’m sure the Disney company is happy that ESPN will have the extra viewers
I hear ya. But that’s much different than what people really mean when they say games are fixed. There’s a big difference between ESPN coddling the SEC and making sure their birthright to the CFP is secured compared to Jalen Milroe throwing a dime on a defensive back that never turned around to find the throw in the final minute of a 4-point game.

Reactions: 3rd and goals
The NCAA moved to a four-team playoff and the whole point was to eliminate the hypotheticals and let a champion be crowned by the actual results on the field. If you won your games, you had a chance to win a national title.

Turns out, the games are pointless now. What happens on the field is less important than what a committee thinks might happen in a future match up.

It is an absolute slap in the face to every player who ever put on a college football helmet because a small group of folks all with a poker in this billion dollar industry sat in a conference room in Texas and decided winning and losing games was not as important as the Las Vegas line on a potential playoff match up.

According to all the online point spread fantasy f**ks...Oregon was playing the best football four days ago, Georgia was the week before and Ohio State was the week before that. Texas lost to Oklahoma on a neutral field and not a single SEC team played a Top 25 non-conference opponent outside of Kentucky. Unless your fantasy world includes a talented Chattanooga team that Nick Saban beat with brown shoe polish in his hair.

Disney needs all the help they can get these days.

Reactions: 3rd and goals
I think you meant Auburn. If a game ever looked like one team was paid to intentionally lose the game that Alabama/Auburn game just a 8 days ago was the one. Fumble the punt, rush 2 people and let receivers get lost for a last play hail mary.

A 6 win Auburn team who the week before got pasted by New Mexico State. Yet now Alabama is the best team in some legal online sports betting crowd when last week it was Georgia and Ohio State the week before. Whatever, wins and losses don't matter in 2023.
I did mean Auburn. That was ridiculous. Because of that Florida State gets screwed!

College football is trash first of all with opting out, transfers, and NIL.

I will say this though Alabama is ranked 5th in SOS and FSU is 55th. Texas is 1st, Washington is 9th, and Michigan is 51st. Records matter but who you play matters more and the ACC is not a good conference. This isn't some "liberal media job", which is laughable to even suggest.

Reactions: jackb309
College football is trash first of all with opting out, transfers, and NIL.

I will say this though Alabama is ranked 5th in SOS and FSU is 55th. Texas is 1st, Washington is 9th, and Michigan is 51st. Records matter but who you play matters more and the ACC is not a good conference. This isn't some "liberal media job", which is laughable to even suggest.
Texas beat Alabama way back on September 9 when Alabama didn't even know who their starting QB would be due to piss poor play. Alabama almost lost to South Florida the next game.

Then Texas lost to Oklahoma on a neutral field.

Apparently losses don't matter on the Disney/ESPN index.

Who else did Texas f**king beat?
Was it their amazing controversial win against Houston who just fired their coach?
Was it their overtime beating of Kansas State at home in November?
Or maybe it was their FG win over five win TCU in November?

Are you shitting me? FSU had a higher SOR rating than both Texas and Alabama.
Using a rationalization to strip a P5 undefeated champion who also beat two traditional SEC powers away from home, one in LSU that has the likely Heisman winner at QB, is nothing more than a narrative to make sure your opinion is right. There was no process here. Wins and losses no longer matter.

Do you know how many teams have beaten Clemson in Death Valley in the last 60 tries? Two - FSU this year was one of them. And Clemson is ranked.

In your entire life, please explain the one time you saw a sports team (undefeated or not) get kept out of the post season because of an injury? FSU will put more players into the NFL Draft than any team in the Top 6. Most of them will be first and second round picks.

Completely disgraceful.

Reactions: Tony54
So my take is this. Michigan, Alabama, Texas, and Georgia are the 4 best teams. With that being said, if you are going to include Washington, then you must include FSU. Why do they not value Washington, and FSU undefeated seasons equally. No one here has mentioned the total corruption of college sports, with the television revenues, sponsorship, large company NIL contracts etc. etc. Believe me all of this went into what teams are in. Todd you are correct, even in this age of offensive explosion, it's still defense that wins championships. What you seem to be losing sight of is that offensive explosions are what sells, and the powers to be only care about the bottom line. The networks can't sell FSU, and their defense. FSU was never getting in, for those reasons alone. I think deep down we all know it is no longer just about football. IT'S ALWAYS GOING TO BE ABOUT THE BUSINESS OF FOOTBALL. Just my opinion.

I honestly couldn't care less about college football and I'm not trying get in to an argument but who gets left out if FSU is in?

Being so close to Western Maryland, I can't believe NOBODY is mentioning the real slight of this new Era of playoff format.... The Paw Paw Tech Tunnelers out of the Appalachian Mountain Conference. Including their un-televised match-up (actually 0 media coverage) vs the undefeated Bakken North Dakota Oilmen, where Paw Paw put up an astonishing 41 point 1st quarter and held the volatile offense of the Oilmen to 7 total yards for the entire contest. The Oilmen came in to the game averaging 400+ yards per outing, lead by their dual threat 4 star true freshman QB. Paw Paw's formidable Tunnel defense demonstrated strength and great depth with early substitutions to handle the powerful and slippery Oilmen offense. With an extremely low flash point, the Tunnelers knew they couldn't allow a single spark of offense for the Oilmen, or they'd surely ignite. If the committee can ignore Paw Paw's book of work this season, and their ability to douse 1 of the most explosive offenses in the country, nothing should surprise any of us. I personally have calls in to Governor Justice and Attorney General Patrick Morrisey. I'm appalled and my voice will be heard!

• Haha
Reactions: Tony54 and ravemwp
I honestly couldn't care less about college football and I'm not trying get in to an argument but who gets left out if FSU is in?

My only issue with the strength of schedule argument is that what is the difference between Michigan and FSU then if they’re only separated by a few spots on SOS? Yet, one got the top overall seed and the other was completely left out. Sure, Michigan has better wins, but teams are judged on their entire body of work, and the SOS says Michigan and FSU have pretty similar bodies of work. Thank god for CFP expansion next year.

My only issue with the strength of schedule argument is that what is the difference between Michigan and FSU then if they’re only separated by a few spots on SOS? Yet, one got the top overall seed and the other was completely left out. Sure, Michigan has better wins, but teams are judged on their entire body of work, and the SOS says Michigan and FSU have pretty similar bodies of work. Thank god for CFP expansion next year.
That's a good point. Expansion will make all this more interesting for sure.

Reactions: jackb309
Please show me where FSU had a higher SOS than the 4 playoff teams...I've seen two sources and FSU was in the 50s both times.
SOS: Strength of schedule played, from perspective of an average FBS team. SOR: Strength of record - Reflects chance that an average Top 25 team would have team's record or better, given the schedule.

FSU was 55 on SOS, 3 on SOR.
It depends on which index out of 10 different indexes you prefer.
Logically, what drags down the Florida State SOS is that some of the teams they played were not just sub par, but really sub par. But measuring their wins against good competition was extremely close as Texas and Washington and Michigan.

Florida State by far had the toughest SOS for non-conference opponents. You know, the games you actually choose to play versus conference games you have no choice over. Two of them were against traditional SEC powers both on the road (LSU and Florida).

The worst evaluation was that Texas lost to Oklahoma on a neutral field. That loss was totally ignored, like it didn't happen.

A panel of 62 sportswriters in the AP Poll voted FSU at #4.
A panel of 66 coaches in the Coaches Poll voted FSU at #3.
But a panel of 13 people behind closed doors with administrative and financial tie-ins to the world of college football followed the ESPN/SEC narrative and shut FSU out. INSANITY.

Reactions: Dwj21 and Tony54
My take is simply this. FSU has a top 3 D maybe top 2. They went undefeated and won the ACC championship. They are as legitimate as anyone in the field. HOWEVER, because of injuries, the offense isn’t even a top 20 offense as of yesterday. With Travis FSU stomps Louisville and probably would have been the 2 seed. This decision was made because FSU right now is not a top 4 team. Texas won their conference. Alabama won their conference. Washington won their conference. Michigan won their conference. FSU won their conference. As a committee they have to choose 4 of the best 5. It sucks but that’s what they did. Each of those teams all deserve to be there. Because FSU has the worst shot of winning the title of the 5 because of their QB being out, they are out. I believe all 4 of those teams could get the crrown. FSU is the only team that can’t go 2-0 imho. I believe the committee got it right.

F espn. I get it. Did anyone mention FSU is 12 point underdog to GA? Do you know why? I do. Georgia is 12 points better at least right now. With Travis yes FSU and Georgia would be a great game.

Reactions: ravemwp
I will reiterate what I said previously. It has now become the business of football. It's what the networks can sell to sponsors. Once the FSU qb got hurt it no longer mattered what they did on the field. Business as usual.

I still think it makes no sense to have one of the teams in the playoff already have a loss to one of the other teams. Especially one in another conference. Regardless of the case for FSU or whomever, 'Bama being in just really exposes the script that NCAA pushes. It's business. 'Bama sells.

Reactions: Tony54 and ravemwp
Bama is 4–1 against top 25 and beat the #1 team in the nation and win the SEC. Bama also had the #5 schedule in the country. They belong. FSU is undefeated with the 50th strongest schedule and in the #5 of the power 5 conferences. FSU D is as good as anyone but offense matters and without Travis the FSU O is not championship worthy.

If roles were reversed and Bama was in The Noles shoes and the Noles were in Bamas shoes, Helmick would be ok with it.
When you listen to both sides it seems like all of those siding with FSU are very emotional, angry. When you listen to the other side they seem very rational and stick to what they believe and then stop. They aren't using the words fair, deserving, travesty, injustice...nobody went to jail! If you don't like the CFP don't watch, that'll show'em!

Reactions: Dwj21 and ravemwp
F espn. I get it. Did anyone mention FSU is 12 point underdog to GA? Do you know why? I do. Georgia is 12 points better at least right now. With Travis yes FSU and Georgia would be a great game.
Did anyone mention Washington was an underdog in 3 of their last 4 games (Utah, Oregon State, Oregon)?

Georgia was a favorite over Alabama.
Georgia is currently a 7.5 favorite over Washington if they played.

Florida State covered the spread in their last two games without Travis.

FSU would beat Texas on December 31 if you give Rodemaker 4 weeks to get accustomed to this offense under Norvell. Rodemaker is 6'4 with a gun who will be the starter next season after putting 4 years in the program.

FSU has the best defense in the country right now beside of Michigan. Both statistically (look it up) and with the "eye-test". They have 8 future NFL Draft kings on that side of the ball.

THE FOUR BEST TEAMS?
The same clowns who think they know who are the best four teams (including Vegas) are the same f**king clowns who had Oregon and Georgia as four of the best just 5 days ago. Who also had Ohio State in that list just 10 days prior. You don't know, I don't know, Herbstriet doesn't know, nobody knows... and that is why they play the games.

If you wish to continue to ignore that Texas got beat on a neutral field by Oklahoma you are only lying to yourself to fit a narrative. Do you even know who Ty Simpson and Tyler Buchner is? Look it up. HINT: They beat out Milroe back in September because Milroe sucked. And that is the logic used to put Texas in because they beat an Alabama team at that moment? WOW, ok.

Last edited:
Did anyone mention Washington was an underdog in 3 of their last 4 games (Utah, Oregon State, Oregon)?

Georgia was a favorite over Alabama.
Georgia is currently a 7.5 favorite over Washington if they played.

Florida State covered the spread in their last two games without Travis.

FSU would beat Texas on December 31 if you give Rodemaker 4 weeks to get accustomed to this offense under Norvell. Rodemaker is 6'4 with a gun who will be the starter next season after putting 4 years in the program.

FSU has the best defense in the country right now beside of Michigan. Both statistically (look it up) and with the "eye-test". They have 8 future NFL Draft kings on that side of the ball.

THE FOUR BEST TEAMS?
The same clowns who think they know who are the best four teams (including Vegas) are the same f**king clowns who had Oregon and Georgia as four of the best just 5 days ago. Who also had Ohio State in that list just 10 days prior. You don't know, I don't know, Herbstriet doesn't know, nobody knows... and that is why they play the games.

If you wish to continue to ignore that Texas got beat on a neutral field by Oklahoma you are only lying to yourself to fit a narrative. Do you even know who Ty Simpson and Tyler Buchner is? Look it up. HINT: They beat out Milroe back in September because Milroe sucked. And that is the logic used to put Texas in because they beat an Alabama team at that moment? WOW, ok.
They reason they play the games is for MONEY. I feel your pain, and understand your logic. You had to know deep down that FSU was going to get the short end. Even before the injury, the committee was trying to find excuses to keep them out. Right now this is not the Bobby Bowden FSU. They just don't sell. It doesn't mean that they aren't deserving, and I think others will agree to that. They won't just won't fill the bottom line. I think you know thats the reason they are out.

Last edited:
FSU is a very good team and achieved everything that every team in the has hopes to do during winter conditioning. They did it. I make no apologies for believing that the best 4 teams are Georgia Michigan Alabama and Washington. FSU is not as good as these 4 teams because they are injured. I don’t think there as good as Oregon TExas or Ohio State either. Yes they did what they had to do but no, right now they don’t belong. It sucks and had their QB not gotten hurt they arguably would be a top 4 so put them in. I, as a fan, want the 4 best on New Years Day. We got 3 of them with Texas being close. I’ll take it.

FSU is a very good team and achieved everything that every team in the has hopes to do during winter conditioning. They did it. I make no apologies for believing that the best 4 teams are Georgia Michigan Alabama and Washington. FSU is not as good as these 4 teams because they are injured. I don’t think there as good as Oregon TExas or Ohio State either. Yes they did what they had to do but no, right now they don’t belong. It sucks and had their QB not gotten hurt they arguably would be a top 4 so put them in. I, as a fan, want the 4 best on New Years Day. We got 3 of them with Texas being close. I’ll take it.
I got you. Games don't matter to you.
You have no clue who the best teams are. But don't feel bad, no one does. Last week it was Oregon and Georgia.

Just stop talking about injuries, has zero to do with this collaboration. Jordan was just an excuse to put the SEC in. Watch this brief ESPN GameDay from November 18, which was about 7 hours before Jordan Travis got injured. It's the same thing they were saying on the selection show. This was a fix and ESPN/Disney led the charge. That is why the AP and Coaches poll all had FSU in. I will trust 62 sportswriters and 66 head coaches before I trust your judgement or a 13 person panel of Athletic Directors hiding in a Texas hotel room.

FSU may opt out of the Orange Bowl. Will know by Friday. Hope this happens. It's the world the NCAA has created.

Even if they play the Orange Bowl a large majority of players from both FSU and Georgia will opt out for the NFL Draft or hit the transfer portal for more money...making the game meaningless as it is. F**K the bowl games. Never would have said this before.

It’s a different world we live in and it’s now contaminated college football. Money runs the world. It was a matter of time. I’m happy about the result because of my belief that the 4 picked are going to bring it to a level that FSU can’t right now. They solidified that opinion on Saturday with a very putrid offensive performance. Yes the Defense is as good as it gets. It’s about ratings and money…. Doing what is right left the building long ago. If I was in charge I’d pick Ga MI AL and WA. That’s the 4 best teams in this land right now. I could care less about the AP or the coaches polls. Do you know how many times they got it wrong in the past? I think you do.

Take the rose colored glasses off from the past. Ask Bobby Ross who took the biggest fing ever. He and I would tell you the yellow jackets did that year. Tech went 11-0-1. They tied NC that year. Colorado was crowned National champs by the AP with an 11-1-1 record. That’s also the year of the 5th down they got to beat Missouri. Missouri sucked that year and lost to the Buffs 33-31 and had to get an extra down to do it. Total bullshit. Georgia Tech was the best team that year. This year isnt unprecedented

It's been 40 (1984) years since BYU was gifted that bogus National Championship. 40 years and the greedy powers to be still can't get it right. Still not sure what's more important. Performance on the field or Generated Dollars.

Both…..Alabamas performance Saturday night was nothing short of amazing. Georgia had won 29 games in a row and is the best team in the country. Don’t say Alabama don’t belong. Fla st beat a very average Louisville team. They scored 1 td that was set up by a 94 yd KO return. The only team screwed was Georgia.

Ohio state made the CFP with a third string QB so it’s been done before but it’s all about the eye test

FSU may opt out of the Orange Bowl. Will know by Friday. Hope this happens. It's the world the NCAA has created.

Even if they play the Orange Bowl a large majority of players from both FSU and Georgia will opt out for the NFL Draft or hit the transfer portal for more money...making the game meaningless as it is. F**K the bowl games. Never would have said this before.

It would still be cool to see FSU beat Georgia and make a statement - but if they lose, then everyone gets to say "See! We knew it!"

Opting out is an option. And it would result in a good bit of revenue lost for the team and the ACC. But in reality, with the amount of money the teams/conferences spend on sending a team to a bowl game, many times the revenue earned is a wash on expenses. Sometimes, it's even a loss.

It would be a nice big old F you to the NCAA and bowl committee. But I've a feeling that in addition to revenue lost, they'd be hit with an additional fine if they do it. The Seminoles are damned if they do, and probably damned if they dont.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT