ADVERTISEMENT

Let the chaos begin!!!!!

Florida St. was screwed by being a member of the ACC. They wanted to try and get out of the ACC and join the SEC. How do they feel about that now? The ACC was never really a great football conference. Florida State dominated it for years. Clemson did it more recently. The lack of any other football powerhouse hurts that conference.

Georgia was screwed by the sheer number of teams that were in the mix for the playoffs. Most years, if the #1 team loses (and it is their 1st loss of the season) on conference championship weekend to a team that ends up being in the top 4, they don't slip more than a couple spots and are at least the #4 seed. We have seen this before. It just couldn't be done this year with the amount of team that had one loss, and two teams sitting there undefeated.

My personal problem with how it happened was Florida St. being in the top 4 from the initial rankings of the CFP, only to drop down to two teams they were ranked ahead of in every CFP ranking prior to the last week, without losing a game. They were immediately dropped one spot following the injury and prior to the Ohio St./Michigan game. If the playoff committee didn't feel like they were playoff worthy without their star QB, they should have never jumped back into the top 4 following the Ohio St. loss to Michigan.

I think that Florida State/Georgia have a very similar argument. Georgia played a slightly more difficult schedule. But Florida St. was 2-0 in head-to-head competition against the SEC. Florida St. had wins against LSU, Duke and Louisville. Georgia had wins against Ole Miss, Missouri, Tennessee and Kentucky.

Reactions: ravemwp
FLORIDA STATE PLAYERS WON'T PLAY IN ORANGE BOWL
14 starters have now opted out of the Orange Bowl against Georgia as of today. So have several of their back ups. One-third of the roster has opted out (31 players).

This will be an all-time record that may never be broken. College football is completely broken.

The starting QB Tate Rodemaker just opted out on Christmas Day. That makes two QB opt outs plus Jordan Travis who is hurt, leaving FSU with only one scholarship QB on the roster - a true freshman. The back ups are walk ons.

Gone are the top 3 running backs (Benson, Toafili, Hill). FSU moved receivers to RB to fill the gap.
Gone are the top 3 receivers (Coleman, Williams, Bell - all headed to the NFL)
Gone are 3 starters in the secondary.
Gone are two All-Conference linemen (Verse, Farmer) headed to the NFL and a LB.

I don't know why they are playing this game. Bowl games suck, just a glorified spring game.
College Football needs to die. Just start a NFL G League.

FLORIDA STATE PLAYERS WON'T PLAY IN ORANGE BOWL
14 starters have now opted out of the Orange Bowl against Georgia as of today. So have several of their back ups. One-third of the roster has opted out (31 players).

This will be an all-time record that may never be broken. College football is completely broken.

The starting QB Tate Rodemaker just opted out on Christmas Day. That makes two QB opt outs plus Jordan Travis who is hurt, leaving FSU with only one scholarship QB on the roster - a true freshman. The back ups are walk ons.

Gone are the top 3 running backs (Benson, Toafili, Hill). FSU moved receivers to RB to fill the gap.
Gone are the top 3 receivers (Coleman, Williams, Bell - all headed to the NFL)
Gone are 3 starters in the secondary.
Gone are two All-Conference linemen (Verse, Farmer) headed to the NFL and a LB.

I don't know why they are playing this game. Bowl games suck, just a glorified spring game.
College Football needs to die. Just start a NFL G League.
Aren't they already paid professionals. NFL PRO-BOWL GAME = BOWL GAMES. Nobody cares.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dwj21
I was reading an article a few days ago but I forget what team it was for but the boosters had to pay the starting QB to play on the bowl game. I think they offered him $20,000 for ONE game

Reactions: Tony54
QB Cole Kramer, Minnesota Gophers was paid $30,000 to play in the bowl game. He denies it, but good sources say the money was taken from the fund.

Reactions: 3rd and goals
There is not a sport on this Earth that has a pay structure so unregulated that the institution in charge does not have to divulge their payments. Colleges are protected by privacy laws just like with HIPAA regulations. Some schools already have a $40 million dollar football payroll. Just can't be reported.

And people ask why Florida State is suing to get out of the ACC. Ummmm, they make $30 million less per year than the SEC and BIG10 thanks to ESPN. How can a team in this situation afford to keep up with paying for talent in this crazy pay-for-play scenario? Duh.

The ACC is finished. A matter of when not if. Even Clemson has to make a financial move or return to decades of mediocrity. No money to keep up with the Jonses. The Wake Forest and NC State type programs dont care about winning championships or spending the money required to chase one.

There is no salary cap or even reporting of how much got spent on NIL deals. Unregulated chaos. You think it's bad when the Yankees, Red Sox and Dodgers poach players from free agency. Hahaha. Every college athlete is a free agent at all times ready to hit the transfer portal at the first mention of more cash from another school. You haven't seen s**t yet.

Ultimately you’re going to have to have a free agency period and start suspending coaches and striping teams of scholarships for tampering. The WVU corner back Aubrey burks is leaving the program after their bowl game because lane kiffin and ole miss has been after him since the end of the regular season

There is not a sport on this Earth that has a pay structure so unregulated that the institution in charge does not have to divulge their payments. Colleges are protected by privacy laws just like with HIPAA regulations. Some schools already have a $40 million dollar football payroll. Just can't be reported.

And people ask why Florida State is suing to get out of the ACC. Ummmm, they make $30 million less per year than the SEC and BIG10 thanks to ESPN. How can a team in this situation afford to keep up with paying for talent in this crazy pay-for-play scenario? Duh.

The ACC is finished. A matter of when not if. Even Clemson has to make a financial move or return to decades of mediocrity. No money to keep up with the Jonses. The Wake Forest and NC State type programs dont care about winning championships or spending the money required to chase one.

There is no salary cap or even reporting of how much got spent on NIL deals. Unregulated chaos. You think it's bad when the Yankees, Red Sox and Dodgers poach players from free agency. Hahaha. Every college athlete is a free agent at all times ready to hit the transfer portal at the first mention of more cash from another school. You haven't seen s**t yet.
This is why the NIL is bs and garbage. It has ruined college football.

Anybody else think Georgia felt slighted.
They were playing half a scout team. I tried to tell everyone this game would be 63-7. I was close. FSU should have opted out of this game. It was stupid to even play the game.

In all FSU was missing 97% of their offense and 85% of their defensive statistics.

QB - one scholarship player who was third string and two walk ons was all that was available
RB - all three gone. Moved two receivers here for this game that had never carried the ball in college
WR - Both All-Conference players Johnny Wilson and Keon Coleman opted out for the NFL
TE - Raheim Bell - all-conference player who opted out for the NFL
OG - Harris transferred
DE - Verse (who is a Top 10 draft pick) opted out
DT - Fiske (NFL Draft pick) opted out
DT - Farmer (NFL Draft Pick) opted out
LB - one starter opted out, 2 back ups opted out
DB - three of the five starting DBs opted out

They were playing half a scout team. I tried to tell everyone this game would be 63-7. I was close. FSU should have opted out of this game. It was stupid to even play the game.

In all FSU was missing 97% of their offense and 85% of their defensive statistics.

QB - one scholarship player who was third string and two walk ons was all that was available
RB - all three gone. Moved two receivers here for this game that had never carried the ball in college
WR - Both All-Conference players Johnny Wilson and Keon Coleman opted out for the NFL
TE - Raheim Bell - all-conference player who opted out for the NFL
OG - Harris transferred
DE - Verse (who is a Top 10 draft pick) opted out
DT - Fiske (NFL Draft pick) opted out
DT - Farmer (NFL Draft Pick) opted out
LB - one starter opted out, 2 back ups opted out
DB - three of the five starting DBs opted out
Understood. I wasn't kicking FSU while they were down. I just got the feeling that Georgia could have called off the dogs earlier, but they were a little pissed as well for being passed over.

Reactions: TDHelmick
Understood. I wasn't kicking FSU while they were down. I just got the feeling that Georgia could have called off the dogs earlier, but they were a little pissed as well for being passed over.
I don't think the general college football watcher has a clue as to how much was missing from this FSU team today. It was the biggest opt out in history. Only reasonable that the lopsided margin was the worst in history.

I don't think the general college football watcher has a clue as to how much was missing from this FSU team today. It was the biggest opt out in history. Only reasonable that the lopsided margin was the worst in history.
Absolutely agree

FSU and all of their players not playing got all of the attention and sympathy but Georgia literally had the same number of people not playing. Between opt outs, injuries, and transfer portal exits BOTH teams had 27 players out

FSU and all of their players not playing got all of the attention and sympathy but Georgia literally had the same number of people not playing. Between opt outs, injuries, and transfer portal exits BOTH teams had 27 players out
Gawja was missing one starter. They lost a chunk of recruits to the portal because they rode the pine all year. Which is actually not abnormal today.

FSU had 14 starters missing INCLUDING TEN PLAYERS WHO OPTED FOR THE NFL DRAFT.

Never should have played this game. This FSU scout team would have lost to Utah State.

Last edited:
I'm a betting man when it comes to college football. I do my research as insane as it may sound, LOL. I bet the second largest amount in my gambling lifetime on Georgia. Made the bet on Dec 12 when the line was still at Georgia by 14.5. I think the spread ended up at 21 by game time.

Demonstrating my insanity to gambling detail, this is the FSU depth chart for the Orange Bowl. Players who did not play this game are highlighted in pink. Players who opted for the NFL Draft have a blue square.

FSU set two bowl records in the Orange Bowl.
1) The biggest margin of defeat in bowl history
2) The most opt outs in bowl history

MISSING
QB - 3 players gone. Left over was one scholarship third string true frosh QB and two walk-ons
RB - Top 4 ball carriers gone. Moved two receivers here to carry the ball. Neither have ever played RB.
WR - Both All-Conference receivers Coleman and Wilson opted out for the NFL Draft.
TE - Lost 3 of 4 here. All-Conference TE Raheim Bell opted out for the NFL Draft
DL - Four starters on the defensive line gone, 3 for the NFL Draft
LB - Lost 2 of their top 4 team tacklers
DB - Lost 3 of their 5 starters, all to the NFL Draft, two others went out with injury in the first half.

415504814_1757154428138011_4003857192143259238_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Tony54
So far Florida State got 6 transfers from Alabama
Mike Norvell is on some kind of revenge mission after the snub. FSU has spent a ton of NIL money on the transfer portal the past two years. So has Miami. This is what college football has become. The separation between the haves and have nots is about to be ginormous. It's why FSU wants out of the ACC.

As expected, the portal is unkind to powers like Alabama, Georgia and Ohio State. They recruit an ungodly amount of five star talent that ends up having to sit the bench while playing behind other gobs of five star talent. In the past, transferring was not as much of an issue without the portal. Now those five star talents want on the field immediately and are willing to bolt just to get that immediate playing time.

img_20240116_231054-jpg.509664

Last edited:
Caleb Downs, Freshman All American Safety is entering the transfer portal, could it be number 7 from Alabama to Florida state

Caleb Downs, Freshman All American Safety is entering the transfer portal, could it be number 7 from Alabama to Florida state
He's going to Georgia. Even worse probably.
Unless someone like Ohio State comes up with more money.

Alabama is crying foul because the portal window is now closed. But since Saban left the rules allow a 30 day window opportunity for his players to transfer when the coach leaves. Their players are being poached left and right with money offers from every school and I find it hilarious. Don't agree, but because it's Bama it's golden. Michigan is next if Harbaugh bolts. I want the whole system to crash.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
Looking forward to what Bama brings to the table over the next few years. It’s going to be different, to be sure.

FSU LAWSUIT
Being an alum, I have followed the FSU lawsuit against the ACC and vice-versa very closely. Very intriguing stuff that addresses the problems at the forefront of college football.

My disdain for ESPN has grown deeper and deeper. You basically have "the network" that runs college football telling the ACC schools sorry about your luck but we are going to pay the SEC teams $40 million more each year than we pay you. In the meantime, we are going to make sure you adhere to this inequality until the year 2037 while telling undefeated ACC teams like FSU you may not get to the playoffs because we need a SEC team in there who we are paying $40 million more to televise.

In my eyes, there has to be either salary caps or revenue sharing in college football. National networks cannot dictate who gets paid what on a conference basis. Now that we are in the age of NIL and the transfer portal - money will be everything that determines how good your players are. If you are making $40 million less annually than your neighbor, you will be left out of the big picture from a competition stand point.

FSU is getting out of the ACC. It is a matter of when not if. However, most of the legal reps involved in this divorce have unanimously stated that if Clemson or UNC or Miami file their own lawsuit to get out of the ACC Grant of Rights, the ACC will crumble instantly.

So I ask Clemson, UNC and Miami folks...what the hell are you waiting for? You really want to make $40 million less every year than your SEC and B10 counterparts, seriously? Get off the pot.

To the small market ACC teams like Wake Forest or Boston College types that really don't want to see the ACC breakup, I don't care. You have no investment desire to win championships in any sport. Never did and never will. And that's fine. Just stop taking money from those who are invested.

NIL needs a cap, to be certain. CFB is going down a slippery slope currently.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT