ADVERTISEMENT

lag

Right, it's amazing the people who are opposed to kneeling will spend hours debating and vilifying the players that kneel, but they never spend any energy to address the problem behind the protest. You can be both against kneeling and also make a phone call to the police station to speak out against bad cops. And I work for a law enforcement organization and good police officers hate the few bad cops that are giving them all a bad name.
good point. it seems like everybody has to be in everybody's business too. why the hell do we have to give any attention to somebody who wants to take a knee. if you are a good cop or a vet and it offends you then do your own protest but does everybody need to make it a national crisis? remember when you were young and somebody was being ignorant or rude and your parents said "ignore them, they'll get bored and give up". if you don't give something attention it usually runs out of air. fan the flame and it grows.

Don't know how many of you caught on espn harbaugh taking his michigan team on one of his round the world trips...ended up in Normandy at the memorial site of all the americans who died fighting for our country. What I took away was all of the players who were brought to tears over a little history they seemed to not have any knowledge about. When interviewed each one of them spoke about the respect and sacrifice they had for those died. Exposing and teaching lessons/failures/triumphs to these young men seemed to make a huge difference to each of them. I seriously don't think any of them will ever kneel. Just a perspective, not an opinion.

Outstanding post.

I think for myself and appreciate what America *should* stand for. If the flag is so meaningless, why is it so important for you to condone dishonoring it? I think you know where the true hypocrisy lies. It's even worse that you'll never admit it.

You'll never garner respect by disrespecting others. Who's the hypocrite here?

So, the beat goes on...

Great insight!

good point. it seems like everybody has to be in everybody's business too. why the hell do we have to give any attention to somebody who wants to take a knee. if you are a good cop or a vet and it offends you then do your own protest but does everybody need to make it a national crisis? remember when you were young and somebody was being ignorant or rude and your parents said "ignore them, they'll get bored and give up". if you don't give something attention it usually runs out of air. fan the flame and it grows.

Actually, when I was young neighbors had no problem correcting any kid that was doing wrong in their presence. The attitude of, "Don't correct my child" was non-existent in the neighborhood. At least in my little part of Cumberland.

I think for myself and appreciate what America *should* stand for. If the flag is so meaningless, why is it so important for you to condone dishonoring it? I think you know where the true hypocrisy lies. It's even worse that you'll never admit it.

You'll never garner respect by disrespecting others. Who's the hypocrite here?

So, the beat goes on...

You're seriously idolizing a cloth. That's the sad part about it..

Reactions: OneRing
Systemic racism by police is statistically not the reality. Barry O’s own DOJ reports confirmed that. A few bad apples in LE don’t represent the whole bunch. This is disingenuous and dare I say a tad prejudiced in its own right, but if they want to kneel and do nothing else at all, whatever. Let them feel empowered. Lot of good it will do them though.

Not sure the guys who took Mount Suribachi would agree.

It doesn't matter what that guy thinks. Fact,
its a piece of cloth. Whether or not you or the guy that took "mount suribachi agrees doesn't change that fact. If you want to reverence and make something that is a piece of material your idol go ahead. Not everyone idolizes objects..

Systemic racism by police is statistically not the reality. Barry O’s own DOJ reports confirmed that. A few bad apples in LE don’t represent the whole bunch. This is disingenuous and dare I say a tad prejudiced in its own right, but if they want to kneel and do nothing else at all, whatever. Let them feel empowered. Lot of good it will do them though.
That's the problem. It's counterproductive to their cause. They're either too naive or have ulterior motives.

Not the cloth, but what it represents. If you really think it's sad, you don't deserve it.

What does a piece of cloth represent? It has no life. It cannot move nor speak. What it represents to you is subjective. It may not mean the same to someone else. You cannot force your belief in an idol onto someone else who doesn't believe it means the same thing as you do. As far as me "not deserving it", quiet honestly I'm not a flag humper so you can have it. I've long gave up reverencing objects. To me it's foolishness.

Reactions: OneRing
It doesn't matter what that guy thinks. Fact,
its a piece of cloth. Whether or not you or the guy that took "mount suribachi agrees doesn't change that fact. If you want to reverence and make something that is a piece of material your idol go ahead. Not everyone idolizes objects..

I made a mistake in assuming certain people know where Mount Suribachi is and what its significance represents.....my bad but the responses explain a lot.

I made a mistake in assuming certain people know where Mount Suribachi is and what its significance represents.....my bad but the responses explain a lot.
Are you saying that the only reason they took the mountain was because of the flag?

The answer to your question lies here if you're so interested..

https://www.nps.gov/gwmp/learn/historyculture/usmcwarmemorial.htm

So you couldn't answer the question. That's not good for your argument.

Lol! So you are going to use a symbol to define another symbol? Ok.... lol.

Also, by your logic, no one in Vietnam, or the rest of world war II was fighting for the flag because they dont have it in their memorial. So, really, kneeling only disrespects the 4 people who raised the flag on Iwo Jima, or like 0.000000004% of all the people who have ever served in the US military.

I recommend Flags of Our Fathers by James Bradley: a rare chronicle of sacrifice for things understood intrinsically or not at all.

Reactions: Argox66 and 4R341
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT