ADVERTISEMENT

lag

purpleace

All State Poster
Oct 22, 2010
A VOICE FROM THE RACIST RIGHT! 13 UNARMED BLACK HUMAN BEINGS WERE GUNNED DOWN BY WHITE COPS. & lag TALKIN BOUT THE COLORS ? WOW TALK BOUT WHATS IMPORTANT IN LIFE ? lag DONT COME TO THE GAME ! THE PLAYERS FROM CC ! GOD BLESS FOR STANDING UP BY GOIN DOWN ON YOUR KNEE !

A VOICE FROM THE RACIST RIGHT! 13 UNARMED BLACK HUMAN BEINGS WERE GUNNED DOWN BY WHITE COPS. & lag TALKIN BOUT THE COLORS ? WOW TALK BOUT WHATS IMPORTANT IN LIFE ? lag DONT COME TO THE GAME ! THE PLAYERS FROM CC ! GOD BLESS FOR STANDING UP BY GOIN DOWN ON YOUR KNEE !
Being upset that someone disrespects our Country and all the people who gave their lives for it doesn't make you a racist...

No, but being more upset that someone kneels than at the "true" reason why their kneeling kind of makes you look like one.

Right, it's amazing the people who are opposed to kneeling will spend hours debating and vilifying the players that kneel, but they never spend any energy to address the problem behind the protest. You can be both against kneeling and also make a phone call to the police station to speak out against bad cops. And I work for a law enforcement organization and good police officers hate the few bad cops that are giving them all a bad name.

Reactions: bigsavage
Right, it's amazing the people who are opposed to kneeling will spend hours debating and vilifying the players that kneel, but they never spend any energy to address the problem behind the protest. You can be both against kneeling and also make a phone call to the police station to speak out against bad cops. And I work for a law enforcement organization and good police officers hate the few bad cops that are giving them all a bad name.

My father was a police officer in Cumberland. From what I see today, it's a much more thankless job. The problem today is that folks don't do a damn thing about correcting problems. All they want to do is get in your face no matter where you go or what you do. Bringing awareness is bullshit. Gimme a break. Like folks need to be made aware. Bullshit. All kneeling does is make the person who kneels feel good about themselves instead of actually doing anything.

As for high school kids, they are just parroting some overpaid pro with the blessings of their school.

No, but being more upset that someone kneels than at the "true" reason why they're kneeling kind of makes you look like one.

That is the point. Protesting the anthem doesn't do a damn thing about shining a light on a problem. But that is exactly why they do it. Everybody knows what all the problems are. This is all pretend enlightenment. This is nothing more than a cheap shot under the guise of educating people about problems in their cities.... as if folks who live in Cumberland don't know about every damn overdose, every damn shooting, robbery or knifing.

All they are doing is trying ruin the brief time when folks get to leave their daily crap and enjoy a damn football game. Spare me. Spare me the excuses.

Reactions: Argox66 and 4R341
That is the point. Protesting the anthem doesn't do a damn thing about shining a light on a problem. But that is exactly why they do it. Everybody knows what all the problems are. This is all pretend enlightenment. This is nothing more than a cheap shot under the guise of educating people about problems in their cities.... as if folks who live in Cumberland don't know about every damn overdose, every damn shooting, robbery or knifing.

All they are doing is trying ruin the brief time when folks get to leave their daily crap and enjoy a damn football game. Spare me. Spare me the excuses.

"Protesting the anthem doesn't do a damn thing about shining a light on a problem."

Clearly it has effected you to the point you want to boo 16 and 17 year old kids so it has done something. The thing is I try and avoid discussions like this with people of your mindset. For the most part you guys always end up on the wrong side of history. discussing these topics with your type is just an inconvenience.

Reactions: BoyznBlue
"Protesting the anthem doesn't do a damn thing about shining a light on a problem."

Clearly it has effected you to the point you want to boo 16 and 17 year old kids so it has done something. The thing is I try and avoid discussions like this with people of your mindset. For the most part you guys always end up on the wrong side of history. discussing these topics with your type is just an inconvenience.

Help me out... where did I post this: "... you want to boo 16 and 17 year old kids..." I would never do that. They are pawns in the educational system. I only blame the schools.

"you guys always end up on the wrong side of history" - The very existence of this country belies that hackneyed and totally incorrect cliche.

Being upset that someone disrespects our Country and all the people who gave their lives for it doesn't make you a racist...
Millions and millions of people voted for the man who disrespects our country and the people who gave their lives for it. Why be upset when an athlete does it, but not the president?

Reactions: BoyznBlue
"you guys always end up on the wrong side of history" - The very existence of this country belies that hackneyed and totally incorrect cliche.

Actually the crumbling state of the country right now can be tied directly to that fact.

So how does standing for the anthem fix anything? What is better in this country because you stand for the anthem, compared to if you didn't.

Kneeling for prayer doing a football game doesn't shed light on any problems either, yet every weekend we get images of prayer when all we wanted to do was watch football. How does playing the anthem at sporting events fix any problems? By your logic, its worthless because there is no issue it is making better. If I wanted to watch people pray, I'd go to church. If I wanted to watch forced nationalism, I watch a North Korean parade. Patriotism has nothing to do with football games.

Please dont throw out chewed up 'talking points' you heard some guy on tv yell about. It just furthers the idea that you are out of touch with reality.

Last edited:

For the record, my father spent over 30 years on the Cumberland police department and in his later years became very disappointed in how law enforcement evolved: no knock warrants, road blocks, use of squad cars instead of being out in the community (he started on the 'Force' walking between call boxes).

He didn't like the use of deadly force for 'reaching for' or 'failure to obey' - he once pulled out his revolver and slid it down a store aisle because an angry drunk was trying to grab it... he didn't see the situation as one to pull his handgun and shoot the guy. He landed at Normandy and fought across Europe, seeing first hand the use of military in policing. He never liked the SWAT concept where police dress and act like the military.

Further for the record, I think we have almost reached gridlock in our communities. The most important thing in combating crime and securing public safety is the support for the police. In our larger cities we have all but lost that. We now have officers who are ambushed on the streets and the people that live there unwilling to help them. Truly sad.

Protesting during the anthem is a shabby diversion and settles none of the problems we face.

Reactions: 4R341
it's amazing the people who are opposed to kneeling will spend hours debating and vilifying the players that kneel, but they never spend any energy to address the problem behind the protest.
The kneelers spend no energy addressing the problem other than to take a knee.. Like most of these NFL players protesting do nothing in the offseason to address the problem.. It makes it look more like a show than an actual protest..
So how does standing for the anthem fix anything? What is better in this country because you stand for the anthem, compared to if you didn't.
Has kneeling fixed anything? No the same problems exist...All I want is them to do it on their own time not when I'm trying to enjoy a football game.. I dont want politics with my football..

Reactions: CamperGrad1999
The thing is I try and avoid discussions like this with people of your mindset. For the most part you guys always end up on the wrong side of history. discussing these topics with your type is just an inconvenience.
Yeah put someone down because their opinion is different than yours..

Reactions: Argox66
the kneeling thing is old news.....watch the Kavanaugh hearing. Stop the questioning and duke it out !!! WWE would sponsor it for a pay per view event. This is freakin' nasty. Wow

Regardless of sides, only in America.

Last edited:
Reactions: Argox66
Yeah put someone down because their opinion is different than yours..

Its the truth. For the most part this mindset is usually wrong when looking back on history. What gives you the right to tell someone when, how and where they should peacefully protest an injustice?

Its the truth. For the most part this mindset is usually wrong when looking back on history. What gives you the right to tell someone when, how and where they should peacefully protest an injustice?
What gives you the right to tell someone how they should feel about a protest? I'm paying to go see a football game not a protest.

The kneelers spend no energy addressing the problem other than to take a knee.. Like most of these NFL players protesting do nothing in the offseason to address the problem.. It makes it look more like a show than an actual protest..

Has kneeling fixed anything? No the same problems exist...All I want is them to do it on their own time not when I'm trying to enjoy a football game.. I dont want politics with my football..

We should be telling high school kids that if they want to change the world they need enough knowledge to do that. Only 13% of MD high school graduates are prepared for college, yet we tell them they can change the world by taking a knee.

We should be telling high school kids that if they want to change the world they need enough knowledge to do that. Only 13% of MD high school graduates are prepared for college, yet we tell them they can change the world by taking a knee.

Well it was changed by marching, bus boycotts and sitting in at diners. I'm sure people just wanted to enjoy their meal and not have to put up with those trouble making negroes . Just like some people today just want to watch a football game. I don't see much difference between that and kneeling in today's age. And I'm sure the racists of yesterday thought the protesters should protest differently just like the racists of today. Maybe if those people that have a problem with kneeling spent less energy complaining about kneeling and more energy complaining about police brutality and racial injustice the kneelers would go away sooner than later.

Last edited:

Has standing? No, same problems exist. All I want is PC patriotism to be done on it's own time, not when I'm trying to enjoy a football game. I dont want patriotism forced into my football.

Less than a tenth of one percent of MD high school graduates kneel during the anthem on a football field. Yet you tell the the entire generation they doomed.

Why would anyone think the people who boo or think it's wrong when players take a knee during the anthem are racists? If a team of pearly white senator sons from an all white private school came up here and took a knee the fans would boo. Know why the players take a knee and know why people boo.

If there are any hardcore white rednecks out there try leaving your hat on while sitting for the national anthem at a game and see what happens. You will get an ear full.

Last edited:
Reactions: camper21502
Protest the police stations, if that's where your problems lie. Don't disrespect the flag or belittle those who fought for the freedoms to give you the privilege to protest. By kneeling for the anthem, you are protesting life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. To me, that isn't the nature of the complaint. You don't protest the American Medical Association when one doctor, or a group of doctors, break their rules.

Racism exists in this country, without a doubt. However, convince people to embrace the freedoms and humanity represented by the national anthem and the US Constitution it represents. It's the only thing that can unite the diverse population of this country. If changing the mindset of the ignorant is truly your objective, this is the only way it can succeed.

I pray, sincerely, that the people of this nation will understand that before it's too late.

Why would anyone think the people who boo or think it's wrong when players take a knee during the anthem are racists? If a team of pearly white senator sons from an all white private school came up here and took a knee the fans would boo. Know why the players take a knee and know why people boo.

If there are any hardcore white rednecks out there try leaving your hat on while sitting for the national anthem at a game and see what happens. You will get an ear full.

Really? I see people walking around all the time during the anthem at the stadium. Carrying food to their seat, leaving the restroom, still walking in the gate, etc. Never seen anyone boo them.

Reactions: MCsoccerplex
Protest the police stations, if that's where your problems lie. Don't disrespect the flag or belittle those who fought for the freedoms to give you the privilege to protest. By kneeling for the anthem, you are protesting life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. To me, that isn't the nature of the complaint. You don't protest the American Medical Association when one doctor, or a group of doctors, break their rules.

Racism exists in this country, without a doubt. However, convince people to embrace the freedoms and humanity represented by the national anthem and the US Constitution it represents. It's the only thing that can unite the diverse population of this country. If changing the mindset of the ignorant is truly your objective, this is the only way it can succeed.

I pray, sincerely, that the people of this nation will understand that before it's too late.
They aren't protesting the flag and are protesting the police.

To me, the flag is a piece of cloth. The flag stands for inequality to many. It's a symbol. Its means different things to everyone. And they are protesting for liberty because they dont have the same liberty as others. And when police shoot people, they dont have life either.

Maybe the cops should stop having anything to do with the flag, since they dont really stand for Life, Liberty or the Pursuit of Happiness.

Really? I see people walking around all the time during the anthem at the stadium. Carrying food to their seat, leaving the restroom, still walking in the gate, etc. Never seen anyone boo them.

I agree with pretty much everything you are saying. My point is have a white person take a knee and watch people yell something at them. When I was younger my dad would have stuck his foot up my ass if I took a knee. AND I AM HIS SON. I dont think its right to tell others what to do because that is your belief. But again my point is People aren't booing because of skin color anymore than players are taking a knee to disrespect people who served our country and gave their life doing so.

All one has to do is answer one simple question. If an all white team took a knee would people boo?

Last edited:
Have a white person take a knee and see if anyone yells something at them. Point is people aren't booing because of skin color anymore than players are taking a knee to disrespect people who served.
Or boo the white people who disrespect the anthem by talking through it, or using the bathroom during it, or eat through it. If you boo disrespecting the flag, why only when a player does it? Or only when someone kneels.

I agree with pretty much everything you are saying. My point is have a white person take a knee and watch people yell something at them. When I was younger my dad would have stuck his foot up my ass if I took a knee. AND I AM HIS SON. I dont think its right to tell others what to do because that is your belief. But again my point is People aren't booing because of skin color anymore than players are taking a knee to disrespect people who served our country and gave their life doing so.

All one has to do is answer one simple question. If an all white team took a knee would people boo?
Good luck....you will never get a straight answer

They aren't protesting the flag and are protesting the police.

To me, the flag is a piece of cloth. The flag stands for inequality to many. It's a symbol. Its means different things to everyone. And they are protesting for liberty because they dont have the same liberty as others. And when police shoot people, they dont have life either.

Maybe the cops should stop having anything to do with the flag, since they dont really stand for Life, Liberty or the Pursuit of Happiness.
They're protesting what that flag represents - at least that's how many people perceive it.

Bad people do bad things. If you're purpose, and those with a similar mindset, is to divide, it's succeeding on a grand scale. Attacking what a large portion of the population holds dear is not the way to their hearts. Maybe your intention is to divide? It's the only logical conclusion I can come to.

You may interpret the flag as a "piece of cloth". Others, view it as a symbol of the best America is and could be, not to mention honoring those who've given their life in honor of it. You're dismissing a lot of people - white, black, or other -that believe in equality and the US Constitution, the foundation of our republic. And, you're giving those truly racist, hateful, despicable people something of substance to justify their propaganda for hate. So, again, if your motive is to truly divide keep on with the status quo.

I will never be OK with kneeling for the national anthem. Anyone - anyone - who does so will lose my respect - period.

They're protesting what that flag represents - at least that's how many people perceive it.

Bad people do bad things. If you're purpose, and those with a similar mindset, is to divide, it's succeeding on a grand scale. Attacking what a large portion of the population holds dear is not the way to their hearts. Maybe your intention is to divide? It's the only logical conclusion I can come to.

You may interpret the flag as a "piece of cloth". Others, view it as a symbol of the best America is and could be, not to mention honoring those who've given their life in honor of it. You're dismissing a lot of people - white, black, or other -that believe in equality and the US Constitution, the foundation of our republic. And, you're giving those truly racist, hateful, despicable people something of substance to justify their propaganda for hate. So, again, if your motive is to truly divide keep on with the status quo.

I will never be OK with kneeling for the national anthem. Anyone - anyone - who does so will lose my respect - period.

You said yourself that the flag represents different things and at the same time say they disrespect what it stands for.

Just as I well never respect someone who disrespects people practicing their constitutional rights. If you dont respect the constitution, which is concrete and soldiers died to give us the rights therein, it's hard to get mad when someone doesn't respect a symbol.

Last edited:
You said yourself that the flag represents different things and at the same time say they disrespect what it stands for.

Just as I well never respect someone who disrespects people practicing their constitutional rights. If you dont respect the constitution, which is concrete and soldiers died to give us the rights therein, it's hard to get mad when someone doesn't respect a symbol.

I'm beginning to doubt your sincerity in solving this mess, if that's even what you and those with your mindset even really want to do. If you really wanted a solution, you wouldn't hold my honor for this country hostage.

Hate away, since that seems to be your true objective here...

Yes it would be the same result but for those that support the kneelers it's just easier to play the race card.. If you don't agree then you must be racist is what they would like to believe.. The white NFL players that participate in the kneelings get booed just the same.. I see it similar to the burning of the flag and if you do that you are a piece of crap regardless of race..

Alright, which one of ya is really Putin. Clearly the psychological warfare that was unleashed on us was done at the perfect time. Especially if it has now reached into HighSchool football message board in western Md.

I'm beginning to doubt your sincerity in solving this mess, if that's even what you and those with your mindset even really want to do. If you really wanted a solution, you wouldn't hold my honor for this country hostage.

Hate away, since that seems to be your true objective here...
Sorry if I exposed your hypocrisy on the matter, but instead of blaming me, ever think of not being a hypocrite. It would just be nice if you learned to think for yourself instead of letting politicians and the media tell you how you should feel about the flag.

If you really cared what America stood for, you'd honor those with different opinions than yours.

Sorry if I exposed your hypocrisy on the matter, but instead of blaming me, ever think of not being a hypocrite. It would just be nice if you learned to think for yourself instead of letting politicians and the media tell you how you should feel about the flag.

If you really cared what America stood for, you'd honor those with different opinions than yours.

I think for myself and appreciate what America *should* stand for. If the flag is so meaningless, why is it so important for you to condone dishonoring it? I think you know where the true hypocrisy lies. It's even worse that you'll never admit it.

You'll never garner respect by disrespecting others. Who's the hypocrite here?

So, the beat goes on...

I think for myself and appreciate what America *should* stand for. If the flag is so meaningless, why is it so important for you to condone dishonoring it? I think you know where the true hypocrisy lies. It's even worse that you'll never admit it.

You'll never garner respect by disrespecting others. Who's the hypocrite here?

So, the beat goes on...
Don't know how many of you caught on espn harbaugh taking his michigan team on one of his round the world trips...ended up in Normandy at the memorial site of all the americans who died fighting for our country. What I took away was all of the players who were brought to tears over a little history they seemed to not have any knowledge about. When interviewed each one of them spoke about the respect and sacrifice they had for those died. Exposing and teaching lessons/failures/triumphs to these young men seemed to make a huge difference to each of them. I seriously don't think any of them will ever kneel. Just a perspective, not an opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT