ADVERTISEMENT

Kudos the Southern

BrianH1974

Blue Chip Poster
May 2, 2005
Fort Hill at Southern next year week 6. Then in Cumberland 2019. This according to the CTN. So the Rams have stepped up to play all 3 Allegany County schools? I tip my hat to them, more than any other area team has the stones to do.

Also said Alco at Dunbar to open 2018.

I see Middletown is open week 1. Is USO coming here that week?

Reactions: camper21502
Unless I have missed something I don't recall that Mountain Ridge and Southern have an agreement to play in the next couple years. There habe been rumors that Southern wants to get them back on the schedule and MR will probably have some open dates in the next few years. Is anyone able to confirm that MR/Southern have an agreement to play in 2018 or 2019?

Pretty sure Southern vs Mt Ridge for next year was finalized weeks ago. They picked up Mt Ridge when Notre Dame from Clarksburg, WV dropped them .

Pretty sure Southern vs Mt Ridge for next year was finalized weeks ago. They picked up Mt Ridge when Notre Dame from Clarksburg, WV dropped them .
You are probably right. That is the week that MR had Chestnut Ridge this year and the week Southern occupied when they were on the schedule.

I believe that Mt Ridge and Southern are not playing next year. Notre Dame dropped SHS. SHS and Mt Ridge had that week open and at that point both schools only had four home games for next year. This one would have been the 5th but neither wanted to give so SHS contacted Fort Hill and the contract was signed. I do know that SHS attempted to move another opponent to a home game to try and get Mt Ridge on the schedule but that opponent would not budge. Just glad to finally see some local schools playing against each other.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
Oh ok.. then I stand corrected. I had thought SHS vs MRHS was a done deal. That's a shame. Would have been nice to have seen so much local action. These 4 schools along with Northern should all play each other every year. I realize the ramifications with the playoffs and such but at the end of the day it is supposed to be LOCAL high school football. Tradition and history makes it even more exciting for both the players and the fans. May make it difficult for the Rams come playoff time, but will certainly make the regular season interesting each week. I believe they also have Catoctin, Smithsburg , East Hardy and of course Northern on their schedule again next year... wow.

I'm all for a local schedule. Of you can't keep it within 50 points in the regular season. It's not gonna get any better in the playoffs. 9-1 or 10-0 just to be a 1 n done. Better competition can only make a better team

I'm all for a local schedule. Of you can't keep it within 50 points in the regular season. It's not gonna get any better in the playoffs. 9-1 or 10-0 just to be a 1 n done. Better competition can only make a better team
You are right on. Look at what happened between fh and allegany this year. allegany made adjustments and it was a completely different ball game. Of course the qb injury had a lot to do with hc but still, they had a chance to change some things and it was within inches of having a different outcome. I commend Southern for stepping up!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT