ADVERTISEMENT

Keyser has scored 376 points since they were last scored upon

Just to clarify, I didn't say a "Maryland school rule," nor did I see anyone single out it being a Maryland school rule. I was just pointing out that FH is not the points cow they once were. But even so, Keyser is making a decision based on competitiveness vs points earned, all teams do it. Keyser gets the same points for beating Nicholas County 63-0 as they do maybe, possibly, but probably not, beating FH. Adding in the idea of FH having historically played several teams that dont hold bonus point value.

I don't disagree with you in this regards. This isn't my first schedule debate rodeo LOL. And FH has made a living off of this playoff philosophy. Points are not the issue. Losing the game is what really hurts you in the point system, not how much you didn't get by beating the other team.

I have to keep reminding readers that I have been just as hard on FH about this topic. I guess my point boils down to the fact I, and thousands of others, don't like seeing 63-0 scores every week. Once in a while OK. But hey, a higher seed in the playoffs is more important to a coach. Ask any of them and they care less about the fan experience or the lessons kids learn.

It has become a trickle down process until FH is playing MATHS, Silver Oak and Capital Christian and Keyser is outscoring it's first 7 opponents 400-7. ENJOY!!!

Then you have longtime FH schedule bashers who feel teams like Keyser and Martinsburg scheduling down is an OK thing as long as FH isn't doing it. At least I can step outside my self interest circle.

The BW schedule thing is about to hit the fan any day now. That is going to be a doozy. Another "every man for himself" routine. What I never understand through any of this is the hypocrisy. Every man for himself is the world we live in. I agree if kids ran the asylum we all would be playing each other. Stupid adults -- and I am looking in the mirror.

Reactions: Tony54 and FHHSAHS
Maybe Ed or someone else can verify, but I thought the issue was WV teams don't get bonus points if a team they defeat, defeats a smaller class school. Example, this year Frankfort will not get bonus points for Northern's wins over Moorefield and Tucker County since NHS is considered an AA and Tucker and Moorefield are A. If so, that could be part of the problem? So would Keyser not get points if FH defeated Silver Oak, MATHS, etc if they are only class A in WV? Again not sure how those schools would be classed in WV, just throwing a scenario out there.

Its discussed a couple messages higher up. But yeah, the defeated team has to be in the same or higher class (by WV numbers) to be counted as a bonus. If Keyser were to defeat FH this year, FH would be 7-2, but only 5 of FH's wins would be counted as Green Street Academy (assuming FH wins) and Silver Oak are not bonus points since FH is AA in WV. SOA and GSA are A.

Pee Wee football is a waste of time.Frankfort and Keyser are the only local WV schools that don't play middle school football.They may be the only teams in the state that doesn't play school sanctioned middle school football.I've been saying for years that they should go to that concept.No stupid rules like if you weigh a certain weight you can't run the ball.6th grade is early enough to start playing football.Kids won't burn out like they are now.That contributes a lot to low numbers you see a lot in schools now
Do Keyser and Ridgeley not have teams in the CAYFL anymore?

Last edited:
Its discussed a couple messages higher up. But yeah, the defeated team has to be in the same or higher class (by WV numbers) to be counted as a bonus. If Keyser were to defeat FH this year, FH would be 7-2, but only 5 of FH's wins would be counted as Green Street Academy (assuming FH wins) and Silver Oak are not bonus points since FH is AA in WV. SOA and GSA are A.
Yes, and this also holds true for many of the WV wins. All of the Frankfort victories over Class A teams don't count. Which actually makes playing Mountain Ridge a bad point score because MR is Class AAA in WV. But again, it is the loss that really kills your point totals.

I don't disagree with you in this regards. This isn't my first schedule debate rodeo LOL. And FH has made a living off of this playoff philosophy. Points are not the issue. Losing the game is what really hurts you in the point system, not how much you didn't get by beating the other team.

I have to keep reminding readers that I have been just as hard on FH about this topic. I guess my point boils down to the fact I, and thousands of others, don't like seeing 63-0 scores every week. Once in a while OK. But hey, a higher seed in the playoffs is more important to a coach. Ask any of them and they care less about the fan experience or the lessons kids learn.

It has become a trickle down process until FH is playing MATHS, Silver Oak and Capital Christian and Keyser is outscoring it's first 7 opponents 400-7. ENJOY!!!

Then you have longtime FH schedule bashers who feel teams like Keyser and Martinsburg scheduling down is an OK thing as long as FH isn't doing it. At least I can step outside my self interest circle.

The BW schedule thing is about to hit the fan any day now. That is going to be a doozy. Another "every man for himself" routine. What I never understand through any of this is the hypocrisy. Every man for himself is the world we live in. I agree if kids ran the asylum we all would be playing each other. Stupid adults -- and I am looking in the mirror.

This schedule wasn't bad for FH really. Just seemed all the excitement was front loaded on the schedule, its a real let down that the back half of the schedule is so down, although Allegany is unexpectedly struggling way worse than anyone might have thought. - but there's no reason for FH to TRY and schedule a loss. But scheduling a team that is competitive and COULD be a loss, that makes sense. Its OK to lose. .

And I am not one who will fault Keyser or Martinsburg or any other school for scheduling down, especially not Martinsburg, because as much as I would like to see them play Dematha, and Good Counsel, and the Mater Dei's of the country - the bottom line for them is the same as it is for FH or any other school; the only thing they really need to prove is being the best in their class within their state. And they've done that with aplomb.

Martinsburg has sort of the same issue that FH does, they are consistently better than other teams in their class, save for a maybe 1 or 2 other teams. So it seems as though they should be scheduling up, playing bigger or better teams; but they still have the playoffs to contend with. And while pride in defeating a bigger/better team is nice, in the grand scheme of things, there is no other reason for FH to play a Prep or Martinsburg or Melbourne or team like that aside from wanting to feel good about it and the possibility of getting some nice bonus points. Playing a few same-class teams, a couple easy teams, and a couple tough games is the right mix for the schedule.

But if FH gets into the playoffs at 9-0 or they sneak into the playoffs at 6-3, they are still going to be right where they would be either way in the end. Probably playing DUnbar or whomever upsets Dunbar in the finals.

Reactions: OneRing
This schedule wasn't bad for FH really. Just seemed all the excitement was front loaded on the schedule, its a real let down that the back half of the schedule is so down, although Allegany is unexpectedly struggling way worse than anyone might have thought. - but there's no reason for FH to TRY and schedule a loss. But scheduling a team that is competitive and COULD be a loss, that makes sense. Its OK to lose. .

And I am not one who will fault Keyser or Martinsburg or any other school for scheduling down, especially not Martinsburg, because as much as I would like to see them play Dematha, and Good Counsel, and the Mater Dei's of the country - the bottom line for them is the same as it is for FH or any other school; the only thing they really need to prove is being the best in their class within their state. And they've done that with aplomb.

Martinsburg has sort of the same issue that FH does, they are consistently better than other teams in their class, save for a maybe 1 or 2 other teams. So it seems as though they should be scheduling up, playing bigger or better teams; but they still have the playoffs to contend with. And while pride in defeating a bigger/better team is nice, in the grand scheme of things, there is no other reason for FH to play a Prep or Martinsburg or Melbourne or team like that aside from wanting to feel good about it and the possibility of getting some nice bonus points. Playing a few same-class teams, a couple easy teams, and a couple tough games is the right mix for the schedule.

But if FH gets into the playoffs at 9-0 or they sneak into the playoffs at 6-3, they are still going to be right where they would be either way in the end. Probably playing DUnbar or whomever upsets Dunbar in the finals.
There's one reason attends keep playing shit teams people will stop showing up to watch

Do Keyser and Ridgeley not have teams in the CAYFL anymore?
Yes they do but what he is saying is Middle School Football. All over the state of WV they play for their Middle School Team playing High School Rules with kickoffs except for Keyser and Frankfort kids as they still play CAYFL instead. Hampshire plays middle school football as well. There is No Weight Limits and they actually do kickoff and play normal games with kids from that school. CAYFL has weight limits and has kids playing for other teams while attending School across town, Ridgeley even has kids from Cumberland as well.

The BW schedule thing is about to hit the fan any day now. That is going to be a doozy. Another "every man for himself" routine.

So is it true what I hear is coming down from Washington Street and the top of Mt. Greenway?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT