ADVERTISEMENT

Keyser has scored 376 points since they were last scored upon

Geno60

Junior Varsity Reader
Sep 2, 2019
And it could be a lot more.They punted from Hampshires 14 yard line in the second quarter after taking 3 knees. I'm sure it's not a record that people keep track of. I know Frankfort didn't allow a point for an entire season but that was more of a result of a weak schedule because I'm pretty sure they lost in the first round of the playoffs and I don't know how many points they scored that year. I'm sure Fort Hill has had a lot of streaks similar to that.

How good Keyser is should never be mentioned on this forum for obvious reasons. The two best area teams year in and out can't play because Keyser chickened out big time. Did the usual by playing Alco and Mtn Ridge but not FH. Keyser has played no one. Without FH as a barometer they have done nothing up to this point. Now they get to play the big time finally vs Bridgeport who had to beat Morgantown in OT.

If Keyser is playing who they should be playing then drop out of the area pee wee and youth leagues and play those same WV teams Keyser should be playing.

I have trouble taking Keyser seriously due to them dropping FH two years ago, but good on them for having a solid year.

Can you spell “overgeneralization”?

I do believe that situation occurred prior to the current coaching regime, and that was a family decision.

Furthermore, regardless that Keyser was the last local team to beat the Sentinels, the Golden Tornado made the decision to not schedule FH anymore after being a traditional foe that went back many decades. We will never know the outcome of the two teams playing each other this year due to “Keyser’s” decision to discontinue the tradition.

End of story!

Man the butthurt is still strong over here.

Just read BrianH's posts on here and you'll understand.He's clearly a mentally unstable guy who's entire identity is tied to the success of the fort Hill football program.All you have to do is read a lot (not all) of the Fort Hill posters on here and you can see clearly why Fort Hill has a hard time getting games.Very little class if they win and excuses if they lose.My favorite is you only beat us because we played you early in the season.Because of course Fort Hill is the only team that improves as the season goes on.lol

How good Keyser is should never be mentioned on this forum for obvious reasons. The two best area teams year in and out can't play because Keyser chickened out big time. Did the usual by playing Alco and Mtn Ridge but not FH. Keyser has played no one. Without FH as a barometer they have done nothing up to this point. Now they get to play the big time finally vs Bridgeport who had to beat Morgantown in OT.

If Keyser is playing who they should be playing then drop out of the area pee wee and youth leagues and play those same WV teams Keyser should be playing.

Keyser was smart enough not to become just another death benefit. Let the local Maryland teams sign their own suicide pact.

Keyser is no different than Fort Hill or Martinsburg. All 3 do not want to take a chance on getting beat. It’s a sad reality. I agree that Keyser is not even relevant on this thread.

I hope you didn’t compare FH/Martinsburg to Keyser lol. That is a complete 100 percent difference. Keyser plays every other local school, they are 25 minutes from FH and the schools are about the same size. They play in pee wee and youth league

Just read BrianH's posts on here and you'll understand.He's clearly a mentally unstable guy who's entire identity is tied to the success of the fort Hill football program.All you have to do is read a lot (not all) of the Fort Hill posters on here and you can see clearly why Fort Hill has a hard time getting games.Very little class if they win and excuses if they lose.My favorite is you only beat us because we played you early in the season.Because of course Fort Hill is the only team that improves as the season goes on.lol
weak ass schedule brother!!!!!!!!!! Damn you should hang 50 points on Berkeley Springs,Petersburg, Lincoln County.And your getting lucky playing a down Bridgeport team this year that had to beat a 1 or 2 win Morgantown team in overtime. Come back and have a chat when you meet Fairmont Sr. Or Bluefield. Your dream season comes to and end. Then you will be a ghost from the past on this board again. Hahahaha

Reactions: cumbfanatic
Yeah cause you Keyser people only come on MD for 1, when you beat Fort Hill once every 15 years and 2,when you are having a good season . Only time you show face. Like the post above put FH back on the schedule and put your big boy pants on.

Bad timing dude. FH just played Silver Oak.

Reactions: tornado pap
It doesn’t matter if Keyser plays FH or not they aren’t going win a state championship. They are playing for undefeated regular season, home playoff games to eventually lose

Reactions: CumberlandHSFB
I respect Coach Biser and the work he and has staff has done at Keyser. They are consistently good, physical and well coached.

We as fans can complain about schedules all we want but it is the coaches responsibilities to schedule in ways they deem best for their programs and athletes.

AA football in West Virginia is usually very competitive and considering that Fort Hill would be in that class it would be great to see them schedule Fairmont Senior, Bridgeport (ecspecially when they were strong a few years back) or Bluefield for a game. All of those schools are usually much better than Morgantown.

I hope Keyser wins out, they're due.

I'd like to see a few Keyser fans open-field tackle some of these red-jackets while chanting " you can't do that!".

Keyser
Yeah cause you Keyser people only come on MD for 1, when you beat Fort Hill once every 15 years and 2,when you are having a good season . Only time you show face. Like the post above put FH back on the schedule and put your big boy pants on.

Once every 15 years ? The last 10 years Keyser and Fort Hill played Keyser won 3 times.Not great but much better then once every 15 years.And if Keyser people were only on here when they had a good season we'd be on here all the time.Keyser doesn't play for titles with 1A schools in West Virginia.2A football in West Virginia is soooo much better then little 1A football in Maryland.Good luck getting that little 1A title again.

weak ass schedule brother!!!!!!!!!! Damn you should hang 50 points on Berkeley Springs,Petersburg, Lincoln County.And your getting lucky playing a down Bridgeport team this year that had to beat a 1 or 2 win Morgantown team in overtime. Come back and have a chat when you meet Fairmont Sr. Or Bluefield. Your dream season comes to and end. Then you will be a ghost from the past on this board again. Hahahaha

First off Keyser doesn't play Lincoln Co. And a down Bridgeport team.Now that's funny.Bridgeport doesn't have down years.Bridgeports last losing season was 1966.I'll help you with the math.Thats 53 straight winning seasons.Many of those playing as one of the smallest 3A schools in West Virginia.And Bridgeport is class personified.No one will ever accuse Fort Hill of that.Fort Hill needs to keep working and maybe someday they'll grow up into a Bridgeport or Bluefield.

West Virginia is soooo much better then little 1A football in Maryland.Good luck getting that little 1A title again.

What in the world are you talking about? Outside of Martinsburg and maybe one or two other teams, West Virginia AAA isn't much better than Maryland 1A. And Maryland 1A is terribly weak outside of FH and Dunbar.

It does neither FH nor Keyser any good to beat the tar out of 8 or 9 regular season teams. Play each other man. It is insane that these two do not play each other. Stop with the "what's best for WV" thing. That has zero to do with FH and Keyser not playing.

The reason FH and Keyser do not play each other was because the last two times these teams played the score was a combined 100-0 and Keyser had like 86 yards of offense. The head coach for Keyser had enough. Those were some really good FH teams. But it's not always like that and yes Keyser has beaten good FH teams this decade and to top it off...this year would have been a doozy with 8000 people in attendance. The two best teams in the area by far won't play each other. That is so stupid and I have no remorse for the crap Keyser has to take for it. I also have no more remorse for the crap FH has to take for loading up a home schedule full of teams they massacre before the 2nd quarter gets here. The blame gets spread around.

Last edited:
What in the world are you talking about? Outside of Martinsburg and maybe one or two other teams, West Virginia AAA isn't much better than Maryland 1A.[/QUOTE

Wow.Fort Hill wins the award for most dlusional fans for sure.Bluefield has 4 1A recruits this year.How many does Fort Hill have? Maryland 1A football is Fort Hill and Dunbar and that's it.Pathetic football at it's best. And I believe it was you who said Martinsburg won't challenge themselves.They went on the road last week and played Salem Va.Here's some facts about Salem,

Salem since 2004 has a record of 177-28.That's 28 losses in 16 seasons.They are a 4A school in Virginia and in the last 5 years they've won 3 state titles (and we're not talking small school football) and a runnerup.They've finished in the top 10 of all Virginia schools in all classes 7 times in that span including finishing 2017 ranked #1 in all of Virginia as well as finishing 2nd 3 times and 3rd once.And Maryland football is a pimple on the ass of Virginia football.All Martinsburg did was go to Salem and beat them by 5 touchdowns.Anyone who says Martinsburg doesn't challenge themselves is just plain stupid.

Unpopular opinion coming up:

Keyser (and Frankfort for that matter) dropped Fort Hill for the EXACT same reason FH dropped Martinsburg. Because it is way to much risk for the payout. If FH was more competitive with Martinsburg or at least wasn't getting their asses kicked every year, they would absolutely 100% still be playing Martinsburg whether the Dogs were 1A or 7A.. Listen up folks, this is how it is.

Don't give me the Martinsburg is a 4A MD school baloney, enrollment size does not matter it's about the likelihood of winning. It was an easy cop-out to use the school size as the reason, but it's all about the scoreboard. Period. Martinsburg is on a different level than anyone in all of WV and I'd say any public school in Maryland. I dont mind that FH doesn't play them, though it would be a fun game. But it would routinely be like watching the Cathedral Prep game, they are above FH's level. Call it like it is, FH doesn't play Martinsburg because Martinsburg is way out of their league and FH doesn't need the loss on the schedule. (Maybe the new playoffs will make the Sentinels schedule a little better, but you wont see Martinsburg back on it)

And while Keyser has had more success than any local school in recent years against FH, it's along those same lines. Year in and year out it takes absolutely every ounce of preparation and talent for Keyser to beat FH, with a little help from FH having a down or less than stellar year. This year would be one of those years. But once every 5 years or so is still a pretty low risk/reward payout. Frankfort is even more in the hole. There is simply no payoff to playing a school that routinely beats the living crap out of you ESPECIALLY when they aren't even in your same state or division.

So while I agree that if Keyser can't beat FH in any given regular season they probably aren't going to beat Bridgeport or Fairmont Sr or win a state title; I disagree with calling Keyser pussies for dropping FH and not giving the same thought to FH for dropping Martinsburg (or even Friendship Collegiate if you prefer). Keyser did what they needed to do, they dropped FH and added Bridgeport. That's a fair trade. If FH dropped Cathedral and picked up Linganore or Wise, I'd say the same thing. It's not Keyser's job to fill FH's schedule. I'm so tired of the freaking bravado from some of FH's faithful. It's not all about you, ffs.

Keyser and Bridgeport play this weekend, by the way. I might actually go watch it, it should be a helluva game.

Also...just to clarify, while beating FH is a big deal for Keyser, WV points system doesn't make the payout as healthy as one might think. In WV, you get the points for the win, but you do NOT get bonus points for every win on your opponents schedule, only the teams that are the same size or larger than the team you beat.

I'm not going through all the numbers, it's on another thread already go look it up. But FH is not worth all the points people might think in WV. It behooves Keyser to play bigger or same size WV schools with 5 or 6 wins than it would to defeat a 1 loss FH team. It's all about playoffs and points for Keyser, as we've said, same deal for FH and any school anywhere.

Reactions: beall02
Martinsburg isn’t local, Keyser is 25 minutes away, FH doesn’t play Martinsburg at all youth levels, Keyser and FH play at pee wee and youth league...... terrible post and comparison. There is nothing the same between FH/Martinsburg and FH/Keyser...I don’t even really like FH and I can see how stupid it is

Reactions: towpath94
I'm not saying I don't think Keyser and FH should be playing, but the reasoning is sound. Fort Hill dropped Martinsburg because FH was no longer competitive with them, not just because they are "4A". That is not debatable.

And Fort Hill LITERALLY still plays Martinsburg as underclassmen. It's exactly the same

I don't understand all the hate for Keyser not playing FH
I don't understand all of the love for FH and Keyser playing Each Other either.
I don't blame Keyser it's a Loss for them Almost Every Year.
I Blame the Pee Wee and Youth Leagues for Allowing These Teams to play in their League, They should of created their own league years ago in Cumberland.
If these Teams don't want to play in high school why play them in the other leagues???
Frankfort, Hampshire, Keyser should be left out on their own as they are all about the same size as The Cumberland Schools.
I know Northern is much smaller so I don't blame them.
Create a League for Pee Wee and Youth Cumberland, Frostburg & Garrett County and forget about it.
The Keyser Series with FH is not what some of You have wanted to make it out to be.
The Overall Series is FH 41 Wins Keyser 8 Wins and 1 Ties
2 of those Wins for Keyser was in 1937 & 1938 The Tie was in 1966
Compared to FH is 23-8 vs Bishop Walsh and they last played in 1996

Fort Hill VS Keyser All-Time
FH Leads Series 41-8-1

2019 DID NOT PLAY
2018 DID NOT PLAY

2017 FH 59 Keyser 0
2016 FH 41 Keyser 0

2015 Keyser 48 FH 41
2014 FH 28 Keyser 20
2013 FH 24 Keyser 7

2012 Keyser 51 FH 22
2011 FH 42 Keyser 0
2010 FH 24 Keyser 0
2009 FH 29 Keyser 8

2008 Keyser 13 FH 7
2007 FH 34 Keyser 14
2006 FH 20 Keyser 19
2005 FH 39 Keyser 14
2004 FH 24 Keyser 7
2003 FH 14 Keyser 3

2002 Keyser 22 FH 21
2001 FH 35 Keyser 8

2000 DID NOT PLAY
1999 DID NOT PLAY
1998 DID NOT PLAY
1997 DID NOT PLAY
1996 DID NOT PLAY
1995 DID NOT PLAY
1994 DID NOT PLAY
1993 DID NOT PLAY
1992 DID NOT PLAY
1991 DID NOT PLAY

1990 FH 58 Keyser 0
1989 FH 49 Keyser 14
1988 FH 42 Keyser 0
1987 FH 35 Keyser 14
1986 FH 13 Keyser 6
1985 FH 20 Keyser 14

1984 Keyser 26 FH 0
1983 FH 19 Keyser 0
1982 Keyser 17 FH 14
1981 FH 33 Keyser 14
1980 DID NOT PLAY
1979 DID NOT PLAY
1978 DID NOT PLAY
1977 DID NOT PLAY
1976 DID NOT PLAY
1975 DID NOT PLAY

1974 FH 53 Keyser 0
1973 FH 55 Keyser 0
1972 FH 29 Keyser 8
1971 FH 41 Keyser 12
1970 FH 34 Keyser 14
1969 FH 20 Keyser 14
1968 FH 14 Keyser 7
1967 FH 20 Keyser 0

1966 Tied 21-21
1965 DID NOT PLAY
1964 DID NOT PLAY
1963 DID NOT PLAY
1962 DID NOT PLAY

1961 FH 14 Keyser 7
1960 FH 45 Keyser 13

1959 DID NOT PLAY
1958 DID NOT PLAY
1957 DID NOT PLAY
1956 DID NOT PLAY
1955 DID NOT PLAY
1954 DID NOT PLAY
1953 DID NOT PLAY
1952 DID NOT PLAY
1951 DID NOT PLAY

1950 FH 39 Keyser 6
1949 FH 42 Keyser 6
1948 FH 40 Keyser 0
1947 FH 40 Keyser 7

1946 DID NOT PLAY

1945 FH 42 Keyser 0
1944 FH 31 Keyser 6
1943 FH 26 Keyser 0

1942 DID NOT PLAY
1941 DID NOT PLAY

1940 FH 25 Keyser 0
1939 FH 33 Keyser 0

1938 Keyser 20 FH 6
1937 Keyser 13-12
1936 FH 33 Keyser 13

Also...just to clarify, while beating FH is a big deal for Keyser, WV points system doesn't make the payout as healthy as one might think. In WV, you get the points for the win, but you do NOT get bonus points for every win on your opponents schedule, only the teams that are the same size or larger than the team you beat.

I'm not going through all the numbers, it's on another thread already go look it up. But FH is not worth all the points people might think in WV. It behooves Keyser to play bigger or same size WV schools with 5 or 6 wins than it would to defeat a 1 loss FH team. It's all about playoffs and points for Keyser, as we've said, same deal for FH and any school anywhere.

That formula is applied to every school a WV team plays. They just don't apply this rule to only Maryland schools.

Let's clear up the confusion about WV point systems. Here is how many points each of Keyser's opponents they have played so far are worth with Fort Hill in comparison:

RC Byrd - 12
Berkeley Springs - 10
Petersburg - 12
Weir - 12
Nicholas County - 14
Hampshire - 12
Allegany - 11

Fort Hill - 14

So this argument that the WV point system penalizes a team for playing a team from Maryland is completely false. They total points the same for WV opponents as they do for Maryland opponents. I have no idea how that concept got passed off as fact even on a forum.

The reason Fort Hill people are upset with Keyser is because most years it was very competitive between the two. Year in and year out Kaiser is very well coached. I have a lot of respect for Coach Apple. He does an amazing job but you can tell from the post game comments that he doesn’t get it either. Fort Hill fans want themTo win every game, but they are tired of them playing Silver Oak and capital Christian.

That formula is applied to every school a WV team plays. They just don't apply this rule to only Maryland schools.

Let's clear up the confusion about WV point systems. Here is how many points each of Keyser's opponents they have played so far are worth with Fort Hill in comparison:

RC Byrd - 12
Berkeley Springs - 10
Petersburg - 12
Weir - 12
Nicholas County - 14
Hampshire - 12
Allegany - 11

Fort Hill - 14

So this argument that the WV point system penalizes a team for playing a team from Maryland is completely false. They total points the same for WV opponents as they do for Maryland opponents. I have no idea how that concept got passed off as fact even on a forum.

Just to clarify, I didn't say a "Maryland school rule," nor did I see anyone single out it being a Maryland school rule. I was just pointing out that FH is not the points cow they once were. But even so, Keyser is making a decision based on competitiveness vs points earned, all teams do it. Keyser gets the same points for beating Nicholas County 63-0 as they do maybe, possibly, but probably not, beating FH. Adding in the idea of FH having historically played several teams that dont hold bonus point value.

Pee Wee football is a waste of time.Frankfort and Keyser are the only local WV schools that don't play middle school football.They may be the only teams in the state that doesn't play school sanctioned middle school football.I've been saying for years that they should go to that concept.No stupid rules like if you weigh a certain weight you can't run the ball.6th grade is early enough to start playing football.Kids won't burn out like they are now.That contributes a lot to low numbers you see a lot in schools now

Maybe Ed or someone else can verify, but I thought the issue was WV teams don't get bonus points if a team they defeat, defeats a smaller class school. Example, this year Frankfort will not get bonus points for Northern's wins over Moorefield and Tucker County since NHS is considered an AA and Tucker and Moorefield are A. If so, that could be part of the problem? So would Keyser not get points if FH defeated Silver Oak, MATHS, etc if they are only class A in WV? Again not sure how those schools would be classed in WV, just throwing a scenario out there.

Pee Wee football is a waste of time.Frankfort and Keyser are the only local WV schools that don't play middle school football.They may be the only teams in the state that doesn't play school sanctioned middle school football.I've been saying for years that they should go to that concept.No stupid rules like if you weigh a certain weight you can't run the ball.6th grade is early enough to start playing football.Kids won't burn out like they are now.That contributes a lot to low numbers you see a lot in schools now
Middle school football ? What schools have that

That is correct Huskie Fan. Bonus points only from wins from defeated opponents in their class or higher. The cutoff in WV is around 430 for aa. The wvssac has Maths and Silver Oak as single a.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT