ADVERTISEMENT

Just saw this on the web...interesting especially the absents of local representation!

You're right, it was interesting. The thing that jumped out at me was that most, if not all the schools listed existed for 100 years or more. The article was about the number of wins and not about winning percentage. What would help out more is knowing how many years their respective states were playing a playoff format. Remember that Maryland has only had the playoffs since the mid seventies. Until that time all Maryland schools were limited to 10 games a year. If a team from a playoff state can play 12, 14 or 16 games a year, they should naturally win more games than a team that is limited to 9 or 10 games a year. Bottom line,even though it was a nice piece, I wouldn't put a whole lot of weight into this article. Besides, both Alco and Fort Hill have enough to beat their chests about.

Reactions: Jailerman
I don't know how you guys found these sites, but great job! For High School football nuts like myself they' are a real blessing! Thanks, and keep up the good work.

Keyser is at number 452. Don't laugh, we are talking about 16,000 schools, and three of them, all small schools, are in the top 500 and only 20 miles apart. I'd say this area plays some pretty good football.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT