ADVERTISEMENT

It's A Good Thing Fort Hill Isn't Playing Martinsburg This Year

Seasoned Lettuce

All State Poster
Jul 28, 2015
........because the Dawgs might not be worth too many bonus points......lol, I know any mention of Martinsburg sends some of you guys over the edge.

Sherando 21
Martinsburg 14

Martinsburg will not lose again, and will end up (7-2)
The only team left that might even give them problem is Morgantown.

Martinsburg will not lose again, and will end up (7-2)
The only team left that might even give them problem is Morgantown.
This is true Ed, don't know why Fort hill fans are so concerned about playing Martinsburg or Sherando . How do the ratings points work in Maryland? Don't you get points for playing bigger schools win or lose? You should get some kind of point credit for this right? also don't sell Martinsburg short, they will be fine, and regardless of which team Fort Hill would be playing, could be a loss either way.

To earn any points in the Maryland system, you have to get the win against a team. No trophies for participation!

Guys, appreciate your input and knowledge, this was all in jest.

I did initially question if others were wondering why we didn't just schedule Martinsburg (our foe of half a hundred years or more) instead of Sherando this year simply because Sherando was better than Martinsburg this year. Since Martinsburg ultimately did lose to Sherando and the origanal question generated much discussion and debate, I took advantage of the situation to "make a funny."

Actually, this may open some doors to other Va teams. We all know that no other team in the Martinsburg area will play FH. Sherando was a very good move.

To earn any points in the Maryland system, you have to get the win against a team. No trophies for participation!
So strength of schedule has no value, well that's rediculous. So you can schedule 10 cupcakes and be the one seed at playoff time?

Actually, this may open some doors to other Va teams. We all know that no other team in the Martinsburg area will play FH. Sherando was a very good move.
Yes it may open the door , but the other teams in northwest virginia except for Clarke county , are not very strong right now. Actually Clarke county would be a very good matchup for Fort Hill right now in my opinion.

We played a terrible game against The dogs, and still won. I expect if the warriors play that bad against Fort Hill they could lose, but I don't expect Sherando to play that bad that late in the season. I expect a good game from Fort Hill. We will need it late in the season, local schools are a little down right now

I don't expect either team to be a push over. Both will be hitting their strides about that point. Will make for an exciting evening. Will be there with bells and whistles.

Maryland's Point System in a Nutshell:

Total Points Accumulated come from WIN POINTS and BONUS POINTS.

For WIN POINTS, you get:

5 points for defeating a 1A Team
6 points for defeating a 2A Team
7 points for defeating a 3A Team
8 points for defeating a 4A Team

For BONUS POINTS, you get:

1 point for every win your defeated opponent gets

West Virginia's Point System in a Nutshell:

Total Points Accumulated come from WIN POINTS and BONUS POINTS.

For WIN POINTS, you get:

6 points for defeating a A Team
9 points for defeating a AA Team
12 points for defeating a AAA Team

For BONUS POINTS, you get:

1 point for every win your defeated opponent gets against schools in their class or higher

Thanks seasoned lettuce, lol just the name seasoned lettuce is hype and on point! Good job on that.n..... That game at Sherando which I would assume is going to be a AAA opportunity for Fort hill will only make you better come playoff time. I am sure the Warriors are glad to have you guys come, and hope you bring lots of buses, we love the gate!

We're all very excited to make the trip, and we know we're in for a dogfight, nobody is delusional about the task at hand. You're correct that win or lose the game will serve to make Fort Hill better. Many of us remember our first trip to Sherando many years ago very vividly. Fort Hill won big and it was a good time but we were all aware then that Sherando, which had wonderful facilities from the very beginning was going to turn into something special. We still look at each other from time to time and yell "First Down, Sheeeeerrrrrrrrraaaaaannnnnnndddddddoooo."

This is true Ed, don't know why Fort hill fans are so concerned about playing Martinsburg or Sherando . How do the ratings points work in Maryland? Don't you get points for playing bigger schools win or lose? You should get some kind of point credit for this right? also don't sell Martinsburg short, they will be fine, and regardless of which team Fort Hill would be playing, could be a loss either way.

There are 2 or 3 fan(s) here that like to dwell on Martinsburg for some reason. Don't lump all FH followers into that minority. That's what a couple of Keyser people like to do on the WV board.

"We played a terrible game against The dogs, and still won. I expect if the warriors play that bad against Fort Hill they could lose, but I don't expect Sherando to play that bad that late in the season."

There's a chance no matter how Sherando plays you could lose. That's what makes the game exciting. I just find humor in your post.

Last edited:
This has nothing to do with the FH-Sherando game this year. Just a question about the Sherando program. Last year FH and Sherando played a freshmen game. Does Sherando play a lot of freshmen up on JV or Varsity? Because that freshmen team was bad. It shocked me how bad they were for a great program.

This has nothing to do with the FH-Sherando game this year. Just a question about the Sherando program. Last year FH and Sherando played a freshmen game. Does Sherando play a lot of freshmen up on JV or Varsity? Because that freshmen team was bad. It shocked me how bad they were for a great program.

Sherando doesn't normally have a freshman team only JV , and yes there about 6-10 freshman and sophomores on varsity that dont play JV. Sometime they will put a team together for a freshman game like last year at fort hill, but we don't have a freshman schedule. Sherando doesn't worry to much about winning at the jv or freshman level, it's all about preperation and getting ready for the speed at varsity.

Reactions: towpath94
Thanks for the reply. Have been wondering that for the last 11 months LOL. That last sentence is how it should be at any great program. It's nice to see the lower levels do well but ultimately it is all about getting the players ready for varsity.

Reactions: hamspear
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT