ADVERTISEMENT

Is this the loss that does Preaskorn in?

heck no Korn has the job as long as he wants it lol sad but the truth... The radio was begging him to call just 1 belly pitch inside 5 but he would'nt.

I would love to see him go because the program needs a change but I don't think he's going anywhere. He's consistently winning, the kids are graduating, his players are getting scholarships, he's running a clean program. I don't think there's enough to get rid of him just because he can't beat FH.

Korn wont leave should have a good team next year. Most of the starters will be back.

Originally posted by BoyznBlue:

I would love to see him go because the program needs a change but I don't think he's going anywhere. He's consistently winning, the kids are graduating, his players are getting scholarships, he's running a clean program. I don't think there's enough to get rid of him just because he can't beat FH.
Winning?
where are they going to college?
Kids Graduating? 99.9% of Allegany County School Students Graduate

"Winning?
where are they going to college?
Kids Graduating? 99.9% of Allegany County School Students Graduate"

Is there really a debate about if he's winning? Since he's been head coach Alco has only had one losing season. I realize many Alco fans are upset because he's not beating FH regularly.

From my non-scientific observation, it seems like Allegany players are getting the same amount of football scholarships as Fort Hill kids get. If there is a source where we can compare the two let me know.

I agree that FH and Alco send about the same number of kids to college, like this yr. they both are sending a player to division 1 colleges. Usually both teams send 2 maybe 3 players to college. I don't think Preaskorn is winning like he should be. How can these varsity teams keep losing consistently to the same kids they were beating in there freshman and JV yrs.? To me this problem reflects back to Varsity Coaching.. We are barely beating teams that in yrs. past would have no chance... The playcalling under Preaskorn has always been horrible. I think he does a good job with his game plan but when things aint going well he does'nt make adjustments very well. He thinks if he calls the same unsuccessful play enough it will work.. I loved the yr. he went to Iraq that yr. we went all the way undefeated. I have been at games where they boo Preaskorn. I have been at games where angry fans yell things like Preaskorn you suck. The truth is the Blue Nation is very tired of this man and want a change. The attendance at Home Games should tell ya something...

The argument that the team continues to win doesn't hold weight here. Yes, he only has one season of having a losing record, but everyone can agree for an Allegany or Fort Hill team 6-4 might as well be a losing record.

I don't believe the state and health of the Allegany program should be based solely on a comparison to Fort Hill, but the sheer lopsidedness of the contests between Fort Hill in the Preskorn era raises a huge red flag to me.... Has he lost 11 of 12 against Fort Hill now? That's absolutely ridiculous and shows somewhere in that program, whether it's coaching, commitment to the weight room, or a combination or both, the program is faltering.

As for a solution... Fresh blood is the answer. This program needs to get away from splitting ends out 50% of the time and getting back to the base wing-t featuring the fullback. And you need coaches committed to it. I'd say there are two on the staff capable and cut from the Gilmore cloth. First choice would be Scott Bauer and second would be Brian Miller.

As a FH supporter, graduate, former player with Appel, Brode and Mckenny, former college player, father of children who will go to FH and fan I must say that Todd Appel and his staff have mastered time management to build a successful football program and maintain it. The commitment is there, the talent is there (1A or not it's there) and the system is there. It's year round and it's intense. That's why Todd is successful. It's a credit to him and his staff. They built it and they maintain it. Alco on the other hand obviously is lacking in the building and maintaining of a system that works. My guess is that the majority of folks over there just haven't bought in. They will be owned by FH until that system is corrected. It's not difficult to fix. They just need willing, committed people to fix it and re-create a better way and athletes that are willing and committed to do it all year long. Attitude is everything and FH's attitude to dominate the grid iron, at least on the local level, is alive and well. Alco's obviously needs alot of work. I want a strong Alco, these last 7 years things have gotten boring. Those Wharton's can fix it if the powers that be allow it.

I would love to see a new football administration at Alco but losing to FH isn't enough to justify firing Preaskorn. It's very true that in the college environment losing to your arch rival repeatedly would having you cleaning out your office, but on the prep level there's simply a different standard. Hopefully, he can be convinced to step down for the good of the program.

theprocessworks.... you nailed it on the head. it's obvious that a solid program like Fort Hill's isn't a 6 month commitment, it's year round. and it sounds cliche, but a solid season has it's root in the weight room, more so at the high school level than any other. i'm not sure allegany has committed themselves to that in the near past. you used to watch teams come to cumberland and the physicality of Alco and Fort Hill was evident, and it wasn't so much in attitude or demeanor as the fact that you could see them simply manhandling other teams with their strength.

the one positive i noticed this year for alco is that it seemed they did a much better job matching fort hill physically. fort hill was by far the better team, but allegany wasn't physically overmatched. this hasn't been the case in the recent past. i hope that shows a glimmer of possibly something changing at campobello. who knows? but my point is you're right. what fort hill has built is impressive and everyone has bought in, year round. Alco doesn't get back until Campobello buys in also.

Originally posted by BoyznBlue:
I would love to see a new football administration at Alco but losing to FH isn't enough to justify firing Preaskorn. It's very true that in the college environment losing to your arch rival repeatedly would having you cleaning out your office, but on the prep level there's simply a different standard. Hopefully, he can be convinced to step down for the good of the program.
I agree with that in principle, but you also have to look at life beyond beating Fort Hill. If Alco wasn't overly competitive with FH on a regular basis but still going deep into the playoffs year after year, I might buy what you're selling. But that isn't happening either. Preaskorn as a coach (not counting 2005 as he was on leave from coaching) hasn't been winning past FH either. In 2007, he did get to the finals and lost big. That's really the biggest playoff run for his teams. The 2009 squad upset FH to get out of the region but then couldn't go any further.

I dunno, I am a believer that there's more to high school sports than championships. As a FH fan I had to kind of adopt that mantra, lol. But especially at a school like Alco that is accustomed to winning titles, I think that's the bigger deal than losing to FH. Losing to FH isn't a new trend with Alco. Consistently coming up short in the post-season is.

Originally posted by real world:
Who would be your choice to replace the korn????
I like Preaskorns assistant Foley, He was the Head Coach when preaskorn went to Iraq and the kids love him... I would love if Tim Kane would come back. Is the principal allowed to Coach Football? lol that would be awesome to have former FH Coach Calhoun... Really we just need a fresh face...

Some of you guys have thrown out some good names for a replacement.. Let the Wharton brothers take over the team.. I would love to see Scott Bauer take over..

Originally posted by Waggle Pass:
If he doesn't win with next years team, 3/4 coming back and FH losing their big guns, he never will beat them. That might be enough for him to call it a career if they lose to FH next year.
I agree but he does'nt deserve the right to run next yrs team into the ground... There is too much talent coming back for another 3 or 4 loss season and another homecoming loss..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT