ADVERTISEMENT

Is the game going to be on the radio?

You're not kidding... Jesus these guys are brutal to listen to. Is broadcasting talent in the Cumberland area really this bad?
WCBC is typically pretty good, but as GenSneaky said one can’t always access it online. It’s as if the station will only allow a certain amount of listeners.

Yes, the two stations from Forever Media really make it difficult to listen to a game. 😊

WCBC is typically pretty good, but as GenSneaky said one can’t always access it online. It’s as if the station will only allow a certain amount of listeners.

Yes, the two stations from Forever Media really make it difficult to listen to a game. 😊

True, I couldn't get The Station You Can Count On (WCBC) to load at all, either.. and I just turned on WTBO stream and am currently on consecutive ad #6 while the game is going on. This is a complete circus.

TuneIn radio works usually

If Alco doesn’t turn the ball over 5 times, this would have been a much better game.

But at least we all know every other team has to come to western Maryland if they wanna get to states.

Congrats Miners

Underachieving sadness. Piss poor play calling and strategy on numerous drives. Nobody back on a punt and get pinned deep...only to turn it over...ugh. they are who we thought they were. Then ridge with quick possessions and the lead giving the ball back quickly to alco?? Run the ball--run the clock--they can't stop you.
Ridge not impressive tonight.

Ridge not impressive tonight.
Isn't it sad for Alco that it's come to that, MR doesn't even have to be impressive to beat them, AGAIN. As I said a week ago don't give Hansel credit for something that he hasn't shown he can do. When he loses to FH or MR in the regular season the rematch is way worse than the first meeting...his adjustments are just not on the level as Alkire or Patterson. People seriously thought the second meeting would be Alco including the announcers for this game. Why?????

Reactions: 52 to victory
It got cold in the Burg tonight. Alco could not get out of their own way. 5 turnovers, bad play calls, not understanding the situation. With 34 seconds left in 1st half and Alco with the ball in their own territory and 1 time out I'm saying just hand it off and get to the locker room. Don't throw a pick six. Bing! That made it 28-7 and was a dagger.

I'll say it, the wing-t sucks out of the shot gun. What makes that system work gets taken away with handoffs 5 yards deep. Campers best moments in 2023 were under center running power/sweep. They go to it to open the 3rd qtr with Williams injured and jam it down the Miners throat for a score. Then they go back to shot gun when Williams comes back in.

3 for 12 passing. Alco senior QB throws a hard dart but with very little accuracy. I expected more out of the 4 year starter this year. Ridge did what they had to do. Good spots and bad. Have to learn to run the ball up by 21 points instead of 3 and out with incompletions.

Gonna be another FH vs MR title game me thinks.

Did anyone else find it disturbing the the Alco coaching staff allowed Williams to continue to play, when it was very obvious he was hurt. He played from midway through the 2nd quarter until the end of the game with the exception of maybe one series. The kid was playing on one leg.

Reactions: Waggle Pass
It got cold in the Burg tonight. Alco could not get out of their own way. 5 turnovers, bad play calls, not understanding the situation. With 34 seconds left in 1st half and Alco with the ball in their own territory and 1 time out I'm saying just hand it off and get to the locker room. Don't throw a pick six. Bing! That made it 28-7 and was a dagger.

I'll say it, the wing-t sucks out of the shot gun. What makes that system work gets taken away with handoffs 5 yards deep. Campers best moments in 2023 were under center running power/sweep. They go to it to open the 3rd qtr with Williams injured and jam it down the Miners throat for a score. Then they go back to shot gun when Williams comes back in.

3 for 12 passing. Alco senior QB throws a hard dart but with very little accuracy. I expected more out of the 4 year starter this year. Ridge did what they had to do. Good spots and bad. Have to learn to run the ball up by 21 points instead of 3 and out with incompletions.

I’ll say this… ALCO used to be the mirror image of FH, but they had to be not like FH… congrats, ur not winners anymore .

In general I agree about the progress of Williams, but tonight the kid was playing on one leg. Obviously he was very injured. In defense of Williams, I do not trust this coaching staff in to put any of these kids in the best position to succeed. I don't blame kids for wanting to go elsewhere to play. Right now FH gives you not just the best chance to win, they also give you the best chance to improve your game. This years team didn't just walk into FH great. They have been coached up to bring out the best in them. Just one mans opinion.

Last edited:
Did anyone else find it disturbing the the Alco coaching staff allowed Williams to continue to play, when it was very obvious he was hurt. He played from midway through the 2nd quarter until the end of the game with the exception of maybe one series. The kid was playing on one leg.
I believe he also got his bell rung, (3rd quarter I believe). Looked like a teammate had to help him to the sideline.

Alco depth hurt tonight by not having #10 on offense and #10 & #34 on defense. Plus so many missed opportunities to keep things close.

Reactions: ConeyIsland
I believe he also got his bell rung, (3rd quarter I believe). Looked like a teammate had to help him to the sideline.
Yea that's what I thought. Didn't see him returning from what looked like a head injury.

That too, but he hurt his right leg in the 2nd quarter as well. The kid played the rest of the game on one leg. No mobility or balance.

Yea that's what I thought. Didn't see him returning from what looked like a head injury.
But he did, bell rung, and limping on a bad leg. Shame on Alco coaching staff for not sitting him. Obviously he wasn't right, the kid wasn't going to take himself out. As adults it's up to us to protect kids from themselves. The kid should not have been on the field. Watch the film and focus on Williams movement.

Alco played better with the back up QB in for those 2 series in the third quarter. They seemed to play like a team and not individuals for that brief time but then Williams comes back in for a 4th and 4 and decides to launch it into double coverage 5 yards over everyone and then look at the receiver like it was his fault

In general I agree about the progress of Williams, but tonight the kid was playing on one leg. Obviously he was very injured. In defense of Williams, I do not trust this coaching staff in to put any of these kids in the best position to succeed. I don't blame kids for wanting to go elsewhere to play. Right now FH gives you not just the best chance to win, they also give you the best chance to improve your game. This years team didn't just walk into FH great. They have been coached up to bring out the best in them. Just one mans opinion.
When preseason started I was told to have lower expectations for FH this year. Number 7 doesn’t even seem like he’s the same player that started the season. This team is touchdowns better than they were at the start of the season. The coaching staff has done an amazing job. the defense and offense is playing at such a high level. It’s been a lot of fun so far that’s for sure.

Alco played better with the back up QB in for those 2 series in the third quarter. They seemed to play like a team and not individuals for that brief time but then Williams comes back in for a 4th and 4 and decides to launch it into double coverage 5 yards over everyone and then look at the receiver like it was his fault
I will echo what TDH said earlier, that's not an issue of Williams's skill, inasmuch as the play calling when the backup was in there. They went under center and played more traditional wing T ball. Barring the injuries Brody was dealing with, had they moved him up under center and played more traditional wing T, they would've done better as well

When you have kids in right position under the right schemes and they don't perform that's one thing. But when the players are not used correctly within their skillet, that's coaching.

This was a senior heavy, overall pretty athletic Alco team that was coached away from meeting their potential.

I will echo what TDH said earlier, that's not an issue of Williams's skill, inasmuch as the play calling when the backup was in there. They went under center and played more traditional wing T ball. Barring the injuries Brody was dealing with, had they moved him up under center and played more traditional wing T, they would've done better as well

When you have kids in right position under the right schemes and they don't perform that's one thing. But when the players are not used correctly within their skillet, that's coaching.

This was a senior heavy, overall pretty athletic Alco team that was coached away from meeting their potential.
I agree fully however alco ran plenty under center stuff with Williams in the first half and we’re tackled for more losses than positive plays.

If alco truly wants to be a good team then they need to pick an identity like mountain ridge did under Paterson. Allegany needs to either go back to wing T football and pound on people or they need to be determined to make the pistol work and throw it 15-20 times a game.

I'll tell ya, that formation with Michaels at Fullback and Patterson at Tailback looked brutal. Put them in the Wing T like that and Fields/Salonish/Chavis at the wing? Damn, that would have been a brutal offense to try to stop.

As I said earlier, Alco's o-line was severely lacking. They were getting blown off the ball. With a little better line play, and *many* fewer mistakes, they could've easily won that game. Of course, missing #10 was big, too.

For the last 6 months Alco has been nothing but if and maybe. The whole watch out for alco this year has been gross over rated. They didnt beat anyone. The only decent teams they played Campers lost them all. Hansel gets beat worse the 2nd time against both county schools always. just say this team with all the seniors was either gross over rated or massively under achieved. Don't see any improvement from game 1 to the end. The QB is no better this year than as a 10th grader. Alco is in big trouble the next 2-3 years. best to dumb down schedule as much as possible. their jv teams the past two years have been hideous. Going to be a long stretch of recovery.

That Ridge game was just sad. I no longer think there the 3rd or 4th team in 1a

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT