ADVERTISEMENT

Is the game going to be on the radio?

For the last 6 months Alco has been nothing but if and maybe. The whole watch out for alco this year has been gross over rated. They didnt beat anyone. The only decent teams they played Campers lost them all. Hansel gets beat worse the 2nd time against both county schools always. just say this team with all the seniors was either gross over rated or massively under achieved. Don't see any improvement from game 1 to the end. The QB is no better this year than as a 10th grader. Alco is in big trouble the next 2-3 years. best to dumb down schedule as much as possible. their jv teams the past two years have been hideous. Going to be a long stretch of recovery.
I said it weeks ago. Just hope and optimism from some folk trying to prop up something that truly isn't there. It wasn't there pre-season, mid, or end. A better than .500 1A football team is who they are. Anyone trying to convince themselves or others isn't basing their position off facts or reality.

For the last 6 months Alco has been nothing but if and maybe. The whole watch out for alco this year has been gross over rated. They didnt beat anyone. The only decent teams they played Campers lost them all. Hansel gets beat worse the 2nd time against both county schools always. just say this team with all the seniors was either gross over rated or massively under achieved. Don't see any improvement from game 1 to the end. The QB is no better this year than as a 10th grader. Alco is in big trouble the next 2-3 years. best to dumb down schedule as much as possible. their jv teams the past two years have been hideous. Going to be a long stretch of recovery.
In my humble opinion the state of the Allegany football program starts at the top. When a coach blames a kids choice of school or pretty girls for their downfall. No coach. Wrong answer. We need to coach up the kids we have, and put them in the best position to succeed is the correct answer. No accountability from the coaching staff, blames the kids instead. I wouldn't want to play for you either. If other teams are better should not be of your concern. Coaching the team and players you have should be your top concern.

In my humble opinion the state of the Allegany football program starts at the top. When a coach blames a kids choice of school or pretty girls for their downfall. No coach. Wrong answer. We need to coach up the kids we have, and put them in the best position to succeed is the correct answer. No accountability from the coaching staff, blames the kids instead. I wouldn't want to play for you either. If other teams are better should not be of your concern. Coaching the team and players you have should be your top concern.

Exactly right. It's an overall culture and program issue. It's the head coaches fault for not having good assistants, and the principals fault for nothing having the right head coach. I completely agree with everyone who said that Alco didn't get better as a team from Week 1 until the end. That's a dead giveaway, among other things.

Like, oh, the QB didn't actually get better from Year 1 or Week 1 until now? That's big news. Who was on staff that was going to help him develop as a QB? I'm not sure of every coach they have, but my guess is they don't have anyone within a mile of the program who played at a level that they could bring value in and help coach him up. Chances are it's that way at a lot of positions and across the entire team.

Reactions: Waggle Pass
I have to say I told you so. When he was hired I questioned it. The backlash was "he is the best man for the job, he has been with the program for years, he knows what it takes to win, he's great with the kids and so on". My question was is he the best man for the job, how extensive was the search, who else applied...it seemed like it was a very quick firing of the previous coach and then an instant insertion of a new one. I honestly didn't know what happened but when I asked some questions Alco posters jumped all over me for being ignorant. I fully admit I had no knowledge of what was going on but it reminded me of the hiring of Jim Chaney and we all know how that turned out. I thought the Alco program deserved more. Maybe nobody else applied, maybe those that did had no experience either. Regardless, if Alco wants to improve on what they have been for many years you have to change something.

I have to say I told you so. When he was hired I questioned it. The backlash was "he is the best man for the job, he has been with the program for years, he knows what it takes to win, he's great with the kids and so on". My question was is he the best man for the job, how extensive was the search, who else applied...it seemed like it was a very quick firing of the previous coach and then an instant insertion of a new one. I honestly didn't know what happened but when I asked some questions Alco posters jumped all over me for being ignorant. I fully admit I had no knowledge of what was going on but it reminded me of the hiring of Jim Chaney and we all know how that turned out. I thought the Alco program deserved more. Maybe nobody else applied, maybe those that did had no experience either. Regardless, if Alco wants to improve on what they have been for many years you have to change something.

Correct. I think the root of the issue is that he was really the only guy available for the job at the time who checked some of the boxes and also wanted it. Scott Bauer would've made a ton of sense, but he never wanted the job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT