ADVERTISEMENT

Iron House

OneRing

Blue Chip Poster
Jul 11, 2011
What happened to all the talk from the certified Tom Landry level geniuses about the lack of weightlifting and coaching prowess at FH?

For weeks we were foretold of the demise of the FH program because it stopped lifting, couldn't block and the coaches couldn't control the players.

Now all of a sudden it's quieter than a mouse pissing on cotton when it comes to any of that. 🤔

The 3 or 4 of you left who actually know what you're talking about, and aren't just fan boys, know you thought the same thing too 😂

Are these guys going to tell us that the players did that much lifting in just a few weeks to catch up?

BTW, even odds that the first reply to this will be some whiney post that doesn't address the question from one of the think-tank that claimed it in the first place.

There is a weight program at every school in the summer months. Some more dedicated than others. The one at FH is still in place. It can't be mandatory in the fall and spring. So I think there are some issues with use of the weight room in-season on a volunteer basis. Seems that has been addressed now to some degree.

COVID played a huge role in sports training. Kids were mandated to keep away for more than a year and it was a detriment to every school's strength and agility work out program. Even after the COVID exile was lifted it didn't all of the sudden jump right back to where it left off. Going to take some time to get it back in the minds of the student-athlete that it's a necessity for success. Can't blame the students. They got an extreme raw deal out of COVID that altered their mind set big time.

What happened to all the talk from the certified Tom Landry level geniuses about the lack of weightlifting and coaching prowess at FH?

For weeks we were foretold of the demise of the FH program because it stopped lifting, couldn't block and the coaches couldn't control the players.

Now all of a sudden it's quieter than a mouse pissing on cotton when it comes to any of that. 🤔

The 3 or 4 of you left who actually know what you're talking about, and aren't just fan boys, know you thought the same thing too 😂

Are these guys going to tell us that the players did that much lifting in just a few weeks to catch up?

BTW, even odds that the first reply to this will be some whiney post that doesn't address the question from one of the think-tank that claimed it in the first place.
People will go back to bitching on those same things if they lose the assumed rematch to MR in a few weeks.

Reactions: OneRing
People will go back to bitching on those same things if they lose the assumed rematch to MR in a few weeks.
Well Fort Hill won the rematch with Mountain Ridge. Just like I predicted they would. I have a couple friends that are strength coaches at the college level and I am friends with numerous world record holders in powerlifting and everyone says the same thing. A weightlifting program during the season should be mandatory. I bleed red for Fort Hill football but that doesn’t stop me from being critical of mistakes being made that I see. Thank goodness the dynasty is still there. But I for one will speak up when things aren’t done right. I love this team. They were definitely loaded with a lot of talent. Now let’s get in the weight room, start fielding punts, stop running out of bounds to avoid the hit and get after people on the offensive and defensive lines.
GO big red

Last edited:
Reactions: Argox66
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT