ADVERTISEMENT

Homecoming

The Allegany kid should have been ejected and the FH kid that I think pulled the Allegany players helmet off. We didn’t see what happened before that. At least I’m guessing no one saw what happened to start it

The Allegany kid should have been ejected and the FH kid that I think pulled the Allegany players helmet off
Thank you for your honest assessment, but I would like the ref’s interpretation since he obviously saw it another way, or…he didn’t see it at all.

The Allegany kid should have been ejected and the FH kid that I think pulled the Allegany players helmet off. We didn’t see what happened before that. At least I’m guessing no one saw what happened to start it
Had punches not been thrown I would have totally understood the offset and no ejection.

Since you were at the game, explain the off setting personal fouls on the play.
I wasn't at the game, I was watching it on NFHS, There could be flags thrown because they seen two guys going at it and they want to break that up and stop it from getting worse. Again I didn't see it because I wasn't paying attention but again.... even if there was a punch thrown and the officials didn't see it or call it, in a 35-6 game why act like this on THIS day? not just any ordinary Homecoming game but with all that has happened in the past 3 days. And Then to THROW The Ball in The Final Minutes just to score again is beyond me ESPECIALLY Playing this game with these circumstances.
Any other time I'm all for Score and it's the defenses job to stop you but also keep in mind I'm also over here laughing when you're running the score up and your player ends up getting hurt whether a normal play or someone takes a cheap shot is you got what you deserved,
I Refereed a game in PA years ago and it was a rivalry game, The Home Team was up 6 and at the 3 yard line going in and called a timeout with 2 seconds left to try to score again. QB dropped back to pass and was hit so hard the ball popped up and into the hands of the defense that took it the distance as I was running down the field behind the play I was laughing my ass off......

Hopefully whomever is in charge of the livestream at the stadium will turn it off so I can watch the replay of this incident but they still got the live stream on from the stadium of kids running around the field.

Hopefully whomever is in charge of the livestream at the stadium will turn it off so I can watch the replay of this incident but they still got the live stream on from the stadium of kids running around the field.
Hopefully, you can see it on Commercial Video’s broadcast at 5:00 p.m., unless it is edited.

I think it’s safe to say at least one Alco supporter who has posted on this thread agrees the player who threw the punches should have been DQd.

Alkire is more even-keeled than any coach in the area.

Folks need to give everyone a bit more grace during this traumatic time, including the head coach.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waggle Pass
just because they had offsetting penalties don't mean they seen punches thrown
It happened right in front of me! FH player was holding the Alco player down by the jersey and wouldn’t let him up. Alco player started punching FH player in the face. FH player grabbed his face masked and Alco players helmet came off. Then everyone tried to break it up.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
It happened right in front of me! FH player was holding the Alco player down by the jersey and wouldn’t let him up. Alco player started punching FH player in the face. FH player grabbed his face masked and Alco players helmet came off. Then everyone tried to break it up.
They both should've been ejected. I don't disagree with that at all.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
They both should've been ejected. I don't disagree with that at all.
Yep.

PENALTY: Arts. 1, 2, 3j – Fighting, intentionally contacting a game official, striking, kicking or kneeing – (S38-47) – 15 yards and disqualification.

Here we go with the haters already. a lot of people couldn’t stand Apple because he won all the time. Fort Hill gets a new coach and the hating begins in the very first season.

So in an attempt to get back to discussing everything else about the game, aside from that 10 minute mess...

I have to admit I was surprised how off-game the Allegany offense was today. I didn't necessarily expect them to score 35 points, but I don't know if the turnovers spooked the coaches into a bland game plan or what, but I really thought they'd be more put together. You can't turnover the ball 5 times on your first 5 possessions and beat many teams...but even so, they just seemed really off.

If they can pull off the upset against Ridge in Frostburg in a couple weeks, pending all the first round byes, a rematch at Navy Stadium is a strong possibility.

Reactions: Waggle Pass
So in an attempt to get back to discussing everything else about the game, aside from that 10 minute mess...

I have to admit I was surprised how off-game the Allegany offense was today. I didn't necessarily expect them to score 35 points, but I don't know if the turnovers spooked the coaches into a bland game plan or what, but I really thought they'd be more put together. You can't turnover the ball 5 times on your first 5 possessions and beat many teams...but even so, they just seemed really off.

If they can pull off the upset against Ridge in Frostburg in a couple weeks, pending all the first round byes, a rematch at Navy Stadium is a strong possibility.
Their defense did not play too bad. The turnovers gave FH good field position throughout the second quarter.

To FH’s credit, they capitalized on the field position given to them.

I do believe FH’s defense is too much for them. FH’s secondary has been impressive all year.

I do find it interesting folks discrediting FH for throwing the ball. FH completed 7/9 passes for 90 yards. It wasn’t too long ago folks complained because FH didn’t throw.

FH got the ball with about 6 minutes remaining during the last TD drive. At that point, they were still running the ball in a decent manner.

The last TD was scored by the back-up QB - the player who threw a strike to the two yard line off the fake FG.

I guess with that much time in the game you pick your poison - running game, passing game or both.

Consideration also has to be given to the fact FH had not played a game in two weeks. It makes sense to give the starters as much playing time as possible.

Last edited:
The NFHS replay shows the FH play driving the Alco player to the ground the camera moves away and then back and then they are just wrestling on the ground. two guys tussling on the ground would warrant penalties on both, I am waiting to see the Commercial Video but it's on live and I can't fast forward it.

If they didn't see any punches thrown, then they didn't see anything that transpired and there's no way they could call offsetting penalties.
Two guys wrestling each other after the play is dead? what else would it be????????

Okay…

AHS turned the ball over on downs at their own 31 with 7:10 left to go in the game.

Out of 11 plays, FH was penalized once, completed one of two passes, and rushed the football 8 times with non-starters carrying the ball 7/8 times. The final TD was scored by the reserve QB.

If any person wants to call that an attempt to run up the score, well, I’m not certain what to say. 🙂

The NFHS replay shows the FH play driving the Alco player to the ground the camera moves away and then back and then they are just wrestling on the ground. two guys tussling on the ground would warrant penalties on both, I am waiting to see the Commercial Video but it's on live and I can't fast forward it.

Two guys wrestling each other after the play is dead? what else would it be????????

Players jostling around after the whistle? You see something like that every week. Rarely if ever flags are thrown.

Interesting that everyone is getting up in arms about alkire but everyone was quiet a few years ago when the benches cleared in the alco, southern game and hansel stop at midfield and was trying to instigate more fights. Funny how everyone has selective anger
Quiet??? WTF FH fans talked about it all that yr. and your still talking about it lol...

it looks like Fort Hill has another great coach and they are going to keep on winning😂. All of Cumberland should be proud and just enjoy the ride

Reactions: 3rd and goals
it looks like Fort Hill has another great coach and they are going to keep on winning😂. All of Cumberland should be proud and just enjoy the ride
It's not too hard to coach with all that talent. They have real depth at nearly every position. They should be good for awhile no matter who's coaching. You could probably take their 2nd string and make a real run at a State Championship appearance.

Props to Alkire for being on the sidelines standing shoulder to shoulder with his team and defending them. He should be pissed. On the replay, two Alco players can be seen coming onto the field. Were they ejected? And 50 threw punches. He should have been gone.
The refs had no idea what was going on or who ran on the field. Very inconsistent

It's not too hard to coach with all that talent. They have real depth at nearly every position. They should be good for awhile no matter who's coaching. You could probably take their 2nd string and make a real run at a State Championship appearance.
good point. nick saben was there recruiting those 160 pound linemen and linebackers!

good point. nick saben was there recruiting those 160 pound linemen and linebackers!
Were talking about 1A football in MD or atleast I am. Who knows what your talking about? Saben probably was there watching that Hess kid.

This game shouldn't have happened - today. Look what good has come of it. A young man lost his life and we're arguing over who should be ejected. Sad.

And, I love FH football. However, I love human life more. Right now this country sucks because all people want to do is find a reason to hate each other.

God bless the Jenkins family.

Forums are a way to discuss different opinions and get news out. For me it’s all in fun. i appreciate the news i get on here and all of the whining about Fort hill too. I’m really glad the grown ups let the kids play that game. They have suffered far more than they should have.

The game was played because the kids took a vote and decided they wanted to honor their friend and play it. That's the end of that story as far as any adult in this forum is considered.

The adults in this forum are the ones arguing over the minutia of the game. Not the kids.

When somebody says anybody could win with that talent, and you try and defend your position, they have won by engaging you in their frustration. It is a typical strategy and all of us have fallen for it. Rather than try and defend try this, attack back. When somebody says "well you have more guys on your team" ask the why their coach can't get more kids to come out for football. According to mpssaa enrollment numbers grades 9 - 11 allegany and mt ridge have more students than fh. Overall 9 - 12 fh has 43 more students than allegany but less than mt ridge. I throw in mt ridge because earlier in the year I asked why allegany was having such low turnouts and the response I got was it's the same turnout as mt. ridge. If somebody says you only win because of talent well ask them why their coach can't develop the talent he has. Alco has moved up sophomores years after year for numbers but those guys haven't won as sophomores, juniors, or seniors...so what is the problem with the coach? When they say you only win because of your coach, like they did with appel, ask them why it is they couldn't wait to get rid of a coach that had beaten fh and won a state title, in exchange for somebody who still hasn't beaten fh or won a state title....yet they are still singing his praises year after year. See, it's really not about fh at all, or their coach, it's about one individual who is very frustrated and to feel better they try and belittle fh in any way possible. Did you ever wonder what happens to all the fh talent when football is over? FH is barely competitive in most sports. I've mentioned this before but the neverending mediocrity of the basketball is beyond ridiculous. It's apathy. Nobody at fh including the principal, staff, students really care at all. Therefor, year after year allegany whoops up on them and nobody from fh says "well it's because allegany has more talent". Do you think if Appel had been at allegany the last ten years fh would still have beaten them 16 times? Of course not, the talent would all of the sudden be much more evenly distributed! You will notice that all allegany posters do NOT do this. I have a great deal of respect for most of their posters, more so than most fh posters who can be quite contrary themselves. Just my two cents, off my soapbox and onto bigger and more exciting things :)

Latest enrollments (September 2020) as per the MSDE:

AHS 721
FHHS 672
MRHS 784

There are 203 students at the CCTE. However, those students are assigned to the enrollments of their home schools, so those numbers are reflected in the enrollments listed.

FHHS is the smallest of the three comprehensive high schools in the ACPS.

Last edited:
When somebody says anybody could win with that talent, and you try and defend your position, they have won by engaging you in their frustration. It is a typical strategy and all of us have fallen for it. Rather than try and defend try this, attack back. When somebody says "well you have more guys on your team" ask the why their coach can't get more kids to come out for football. According to mpssaa enrollment numbers grades 9 - 11 allegany and mt ridge have more students than fh. Overall 9 - 12 fh has 43 more students than allegany but less than mt ridge. I throw in mt ridge because earlier in the year I asked why allegany was having such low turnouts and the response I got was it's the same turnout as mt. ridge. If somebody says you only win because of talent well ask them why their coach can't develop the talent he has. Alco has moved up sophomores years after year for numbers but those guys haven't won as sophomores, juniors, or seniors...so what is the problem with the coach? When they say you only win because of your coach, like they did with appel, ask them why it is they couldn't wait to get rid of a coach that had beaten fh and won a state title, in exchange for somebody who still hasn't beaten fh or won a state title....yet they are still singing his praises year after year. See, it's really not about fh at all, or their coach, it's about one individual who is very frustrated and to feel better they try and belittle fh in any way possible. Did you ever wonder what happens to all the fh talent when football is over? FH is barely competitive in most sports. I've mentioned this before but the neverending mediocrity of the basketball is beyond ridiculous. It's apathy. Nobody at fh including the principal, staff, students really care at all. Therefor, year after year allegany whoops up on them and nobody from fh says "well it's because allegany has more talent". Do you think if Appel had been at allegany the last ten years fh would still have beaten them 16 times? Of course not, the talent would all of the sudden be much more evenly distributed! You will notice that all allegany posters do NOT do this. I have a great deal of respect for most of their posters, more so than most fh posters who can be quite contrary themselves. Just my two cents, off my soapbox and onto bigger and more exciting things :)
very well said

Did these kids not dominate competition from Peewee on up? If yes then how can it be coaching? Yes a few years Alco had the talent to beat FH but were outcoached by Appel.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT