ADVERTISEMENT

Homecoming 2018

The players played a good first half, the score is very deceiving. They are not put in a good position to be successful on either side of the ball. The FH staff could do a lot with what Allegany has

3rd and 30 and FH is deep in their own territory and they run for the first lol, that was one of many today lol

The Alco players played better than the coaches coached them. When Alco was deep in FH territory after the muffed punt, threatening to tie it up, the play calling took them right back out of the game. Disappointing.

The players have the talent and play hard. The same players will be back next year and the talent wasted again

The Alco players played better than the coaches coached them. When Alco was deep in FH territory after the muffed punt, threatening to tie it up, the play calling took them right back out of the game. Disappointing.

True. But that only explains a fraction of this game. Suggesting that poor coaching is Allegany's sole problem is scapegoating for the difference in talent. I am eager to see how FH's superior coaching staff handles the playoffs.

Last edited:
I am eager to see any Allegany coaching staff beat Fort Hill ! Fort Hill might loose in the playoffs. But, I can guarantee you one very important fact. You have to be in the playoffs to get put out of the playoffs.

Reactions: Over the top we go
True. But that only explains a fraction of this game. Suggesting that poor coaching is Allegany's sole problem is scapegoating the difference in talent. I am eager
True. But that only explains a fraction of this game. Suggesting that poor coaching is Allegany's sole problem is scapegoating the difference in talent. I am eager to see how FH's superior coaching staff handles the playoffs.
difference in talent? According to posters on this board ALCO had the superior backfield, better quarterback, and better line. Why all-of-a sudden the talent excuse?

Reactions: towpath94
True. But that only explains a fraction of this game. Suggesting that poor coaching is Allegany's sole problem is scapegoating the difference in talent. I am eager to see how FH's superior coaching staff handles the playoffs.
difference in talent? According to posters on this board ALCO had the superior backfield, better quarterback, and better line. Why all-of-a sudden the talent excuse?
And according to posters on this board, FH coaches are morons who refuse to pass the ball and adapt. Also, according to the same posters on this board (after Southern) FH has the smartest coaching staff in the state.

Last edited:

Oh please. Ugh.... I forgot. Tell me again what the score was. I missed how the superior Alco line pushed FH up and down the field as their running backs ran wild and their quarterback shredded the FH secondary. Tell me again 'cause I'm old now and as I listened to the game I got it all wrong.

Tell me how it was always the wrong play called rather than the fact that Allegany could not execute against the FH defense. Please tell me and I will start a 'hand Hansel his walking papers' chant. Not as catchy as 'can the Korn' but descriptive.

And please tell me how Alco replaced their defensive end with equal talent from the bench and how the equal Alco D line shut FH down.

This board is beginning to sound like Meth blaming the FH losses in the past on poor coaching when Dunbar was transferring most of their starters.

I am eager to see any Allegany coaching staff beat Fort Hill ! Fort Hill might loose in the playoffs. But, I can guarantee you one very important fact. You have to be in the playoffs to get put out of the playoffs.

The better team won.

Lags, I am impressed at how Allegany remains competitive year-over-year. Times are tough in Cumberland and the fact they remain as competitive as they do is testimony to the heart of the city and the school

And according to posters on this board, FH coaches are morons who refuse to pass the ball and adapt. Also, according to the same posters on this board (after Southern) FH has the smartest coaching staff in the state.

Sometimes one has to simply check the direction of the wind. Incidentally, my post was intended to highlight what I believed to be the scapegoating of Alco coaching.

Lags, I am impressed at how Allegany remains competitive year-over-year. Times are tough in Cumberland and the fact they remain as competitive as they do is testimony to the heart of the city and the school

I've been around long enough to see that it's ending.

Oh please. Ugh.... I forgot. Tell me again what the score was. I missed how the superior Alco line pushed FH up and down the field as their running backs ran wild and their quarterback shredded the FH secondary. Tell me again 'cause I'm old now and as I listened to the game I got it all wrong.

Tell me how it was always the wrong play called rather than the fact that Allegany could not execute against the FH defense. Please tell me and I will start a 'hand Hansel his walking papers' chant. Not as catchy as 'can the Korn' but descriptive.

And please tell me how Alco replaced their defensive end with equal talent from the bench and how the equal Alco D line shut FH down.

This board is beginning to sound like Meth blaming the FH losses in the past on poor coaching when Dunbar was transferring most of their starters.

You forgot to mention Allegany won the coin flip and then chip-up challenge

What was the score after 1 qtr 7-0 and on that drive Alco stopped FH on fourth down well short and the kid fumbled the ball forward and FH recovered past the marker.

Yes, Alco had around a 3rd and 3 from the 11, then a 4th in 1 from the 9. 4th in 1 should have went right up the middle or quick pitch. They ran a play that takes too much time

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT