ADVERTISEMENT

My vote:

Player of The Year - Carter Hess
Offensive POY - Jabril Daniels/Will Patterson
Defensive POY - Jaylan Atkinson
Lineman POY - Carter Hess / Logan VanMeter (if Hess isn't eligible for 2 awards)

I know this vote is a FH sweep. But realistically FH is 42+ points better than any area team. It's not close. I have no issue with Will Patterson sharing one of the awards despite his stats and performance against FH being almost non-existent.

For all the talk about the FH offense and their line play...this defense was extremely quick, strong, aggressive and exceptionally good. Aside from the Wadsworth game, their first unit gave up less than 30 points in 11 games played.

Jabril had a historical type year on offense, (against arguably toughest schedule in Allegany County football history) and was tremendous on defense. He had 133 carries 1235 yards and 20 TDs in the 6 games against the schedules toughest competition. My opinion is he has to be the POY. I feel like the Hess train is more about his career than this single season. Big game Bril is my POY. Last year Uma won with an historic year on offense. My honest opinion is Hess was even better last year. Jabril is definitely OPOY. Patterson is not even close. Would not be disappointed if Daniels and Hess shared POY. Both are deserving.

Last edited:
My vote:

Player of The Year - Carter Hess
Offensive POY - Jabril Daniels/Will Patterson
Defensive POY - Jaylan Atkinson
Lineman POY - Carter Hess / Logan VanMeter (if Hess isn't eligible for 2 awards)

I know this vote is a FH sweep. But realistically FH is 42+ points better than any area team. It's not close. I have no issue with Will Patterson sharing one of the awards despite his stats and performance against FH being almost non-existent.

For all the talk about the FH offense and their line play...this defense was extremely quick, strong, aggressive and exceptionally good. Aside from the Wadsworth game, their first unit gave up less than 30 points in 11 games played.
Love the Atkinson choice. He and Dae Dae have been my favorite unsung defensive players all year. The kid was everywhere, and always in the middle of big defensive plays.

Reactions: Tony54
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT