ADVERTISEMENT

Here's a thought

Red Dude

Blue Chip Poster
Aug 18, 2004
Suppose Frankfort wins a state title. Suppose FH comes up short. Who is area champ??

Ask Chris - Sat./Sun. - August 11-12

First, thank you for being a member of GamecockCentral.

If you have a question for GamecockCentral recruiting analyst/insider Chris Clark, please post it in this thread.

Each day, we create a new thread for members to ask questions. At the end of the day, we lock it and create another thread for the next day. Questions and answers from previous days may be found in The Insiders Archive.

To ask a question, click on the link to the right that says Reply.

Here are a few requests to keep the thread clean:

--- Please read the thread to see if your question has been asked
--- Do not answer questions intended for Gamecock start a new thread

Again, thank you for being a member of GamecockCentral.

I think they will share it no matter what happens.
FH beat Keyser so did Frankfort,Both beat Mountain Ridge.both beat Northern. FH's only other good team was Kent and they handled them.
Frankfort beat RCB whom also beat Keyser. RCB was better than any team on the FH Schedule.
I'm not saying Frankfort is better than FH but they didn't play and both ran the table with comparable Schedules.
Co-Champions

Re: Ask Chris - Sat./Sun. - August 11-12

any visitors for the game today??

Visitors...

Originally posted by dgriffin2500:

any visitors for the game today??
Josh mentioned on the board, pushpinned at the top that Donell Stanley - 2014 OL from Latta may visit. I think some of the Dillon crew may be heading down as well. Those are the ones we know right now but we will keep everyone updated if there are others.

Chris, are the player/coaches after practice interviews being posted? If so where can I access them? I've seen some on YouTube but can't find them on home page. In the past they would be up daily after each practice or just any interview that was done. Thanks.

Videos...

Originally posted by adamtay2:
Chris, are the player/coaches after practice interviews being posted? If so where can I access them? I've seen some on YouTube but can't find them on home page. In the past they would be up daily after each practice or just any interview that was done. Thanks.
Remember, USC has severely restricted our video access. We can only post three minutes total. We're using most for practice highlights. You can access video in the story archive. I'm linking that for you below:

Story index

Chris, I know you guys are crazy busy right now, just a reminder about trying to see if there's more to Auguste than we currently know.

Enjoy the scrimmage!!

Auguste...

Originally posted by exnavyguy:
Chris, I know you guys are crazy busy right now, just a reminder about trying to see if there's more to Auguste than we currently know.

Enjoy the scrimmage!!
I've tried but I haven't come up with anything yet. We'll try to ask again today.

Chris,

Are the weights on the roster you post current? If not, when will they be updated?

Originally posted by bigdawgrefwmd:
FH beat Keyser so did Frankfort,Both beat Mountain Ridge.both beat Northern. FH's only other good team was Kent and they handled them.
Frankfort beat RCB whom also beat Keyser. RCB was better than any team on the FH Schedule.
I'm not saying Frankfort is better than FH but they didn't play and both ran the table with comparable Schedules.
Co-Champions
Any team that doesn't play both city schools should never be awarded an area championship. Period.
Also, I don't see how anybody can watch homecoming and not consider Alco a good team... ugh, on a good day.

I know it might have already been addressed, but what is our biggest concern depth wise, and where do you see us needing talent to step up.

I've said this before. When a team openly refuses to play other local teams they shouldn't be considered for local awards or honors. I'd even go one step further and exclude any of their athletes from post season honors as well. Of course, it isn't PC so the paper wouldn't even think about excluding them.

Chris,

This is a request and is meant for David; is there any way to link a video with each of 25 play countdowns? It would be great to have this coupled together. Almost as good as having Marty Simpson give a detailed breakdown as to why it was successful. I know this might not be possible but ya'll have set the bar so high I thought I may as well ask. Thanks for all you do!!!

Re: Videos...

Oh that's the first I heard of that, but makes since why I havent seen them up here this year or even maybe last year. I really liked those and the fans get a good perspective from the players. Pretty weak by USC to do that. Wonder what the reasoning was behind that....

why the limitation? is this just gcc or all online media outlets?

Weights...

Originally posted by scorac:

Chris,

Are the weights on the roster you post current? If not, when will they be updated?
They're as current as the ones USC has given us before the season. Some are different now. For instance Mason Zandi was 280+ coming out of the summer. But we haven't been given updated weights and there's no way for us to get all of them unless USC updates the roster.

Depth...

Originally posted by DOWURKSON:
I know it might have already been addressed, but what is our biggest concern depth wise, and where do you see us needing talent to step up.
Secondary depth is a concern. There's not a lot of experience. There is some talent (Christian, Legree, Marcus, Royster), but those guys have either seen no game action (Christian, Royster) or limited or at another position (like Legree). Those guys will have to continue to get better to solidify those backup roles. There have been some good things from all at times.

I also think USC can't afford key injuries on the OL or at DT.

Originally posted by bigdawgrefwmd:
Co-Champions
I pretty much agree with you - Co-Champs if they both win. Who cares if Frankfort doesn't play Alco and FH, if they win their state title they deserve recognition for that. In just looking at common opponents it's a fair assessment to have them even if they both win the championship. If one wins and the other doesn't, I put that school as the top.

It's just like the MD state poll. Fort Hill is currently ranked like 13 or 14. Yet has not played any of the schools on the poll and has very few common opponents with most of them as well. It's based on record, perceived strength of schedule, perceived head-to-head matchups, etc. Most polls are. Is it really accurate to think that Fort Hill would beat all the schools listed below them on the poll? I don't think so. But is at realistic to think that Fort Hill, based on their merits are worthy of being listed? Yes.

That's the problem with a poll. Is it a list of who is the best based on playing each other? Or is it a list of which team accomplished the most based on their own individual performance and achievements? I think it has to be the latter in this case.

Video...

Originally posted by winloseortie:

Chris,

This is a request and is meant for David; is there any way to link a video with each of 25 play countdowns? It would be great to have this coupled together. Almost as good as having Marty Simpson give a detailed breakdown as to why it was successful. I know this might not be possible but ya'll have set the bar so high I thought I may as well ask. Thanks for all you do!!!
I'll check, but I'm not sure we would be allowed to do that contractually as far as the video rights. I will check and make sure, though.

Oh that's the first I heard of that, but makes since why I havent seen them up here this year or even maybe last year. I really liked those and the fans get a good perspective from the players. Pretty weak by USC to do that. Wonder what the reasoning was behind that....
Agree. Weak sauce. I suppose it's so that the official USC website can "compete" with us by being able to have more video. There are great folks that work over there and they do some great work, so I'm not saying anything bad about them at all. That's my guess. But, our hands our tied on that one.

Originally posted by Black Rock Tractor:
why the limitation? is this just gcc or all online media outlets?
I suppose so that USC's official site can try to one-up us on video or something. It's for all media outlets. I don't really get it, but that's OK. We have a lot of other stuff we can bring to the table, I think.

Let the paper print two awards: Local champions earned by actually playing area teams is one.... top ranked team in the area would be the second. Using state standards just caves in to the state standards.

Otherwise, we could actually have two homecoming games. Allegany and FH could schedule anybody and call it homecoming. Then the paper could simply chose who performed better and give them the kettle. Sounds stupid but no more acceptable than having an area champ that doesn't even play either of the key city schools.

Well, what else in the world gets more crazy. Why not let the Baltimore Sun decide. They can give it to NC.

Since Sanders transferred, will Spurrier give another walk on a scholarship? Possibly a guy like Jared Shaw who provides depth and special teams play?

Not that its a big deal....but what do you think Martin will be rated at, 3 or 4 stars?

Lag, your argument is pretty valid too. I dunno. I can see both sides of it, and like a friend of mine told me - Frankfort doesn't play Fort Hill or Alco because they openly admit they aren't competitive enough to play them. So that could invalidate everything I said, in that if they admit they aren't as good, then they can't be ranked higher.

On the other hand, the local/homer guy in me says, but if they do win a title, then they should get some recognition for that. They would be the first local WV school to win a title since they last did it (as Ridgeley) in 1975. That's pretty significant.

I personally don't think this argument will be required as, the realist in me says that they don't beat Bridgeport or Wayne, regardless of what happens this week. But Fort Hill also hasn't won anything yet either, so...basically this is a lot of conjecture.

Who are you talking about? Ronnie Martin? If so he will finish in Nov or dec I heard so he will be part of this class right?

Walk-on...

Originally posted by tgame80:
Since Sanders transferred, will Spurrier give another walk on a scholarship? Possibly a guy like Jared Shaw who provides depth and special teams play?
That seems like a good possibility.

Martin..

Originally posted by A-Town_Cock:
Not that its a big deal....but what do you think Martin will be rated at, 3 or 4 stars?
If I had to guess, probably three just based on the fact that he was rated as such coming out of high school and I don't think there's any more film available on him at this time.

Martin..

Who are you talking about? Ronnie Martin? If so he will finish in Nov or dec I heard so he will be part of this class right?
Yes, Ronnie Martin. He finishes up class in November. As long as he takes care of everything academically he will be in the class. He's on track to do so.

hey, this has probably been asked/answered before...

but when will Marcus and Shon be able to go without a knee brace?
or is it something they will continue to use during the season?

Fort Hill plays Frankfort the week after state championships are decided....proceeds go to charity

10,000 people at the stadium like in the old days?

Lattimore/Carson...

Originally posted by robert4usc:
hey, this has probably been asked/answered before...

but when will Marcus and Shon be able to go without a knee brace?
or is it something they will continue to use during the season?
Not sure if those guys will wear them during the season or not. I haven't heard either way.

Considering that basketball starts the day before the football state championships conclude, I don't think it would be feasible or fair for the kids who want to play bball.

Not to mention that neither school would risk that kind of injury for an unsanctioned game.

AREA RANKING
1. Fort Hill
2. Frankfort
3. Keyser
4. Allegany
5. Moorefield/Northern

PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Ty Johnson - Fort Hill
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Brady Watson - Frankfort
CO-DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Kirk Robinette - Allegany / Alex Barnes - Fort Hill

Nothing in stone. Open for good debate.

Originally posted by TDHelmick:
AREA RANKING
1. Fort Hill
2. Frankfort
3. Keyser
4. Allegany
5. Moorefield/Northern

PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Ty Johnson - Fort Hill
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Brady Watson - Frankfort
CO-DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Kirk Robinette - Allegany / Alex Barnes - Fort Hill

Nothing in stone. Open for good debate.
Most excellent. One would have to be a stone cold Frankfort homer to disagree with that.

Miller...

Originally posted by ScottsdaleSpur:

Chris,

Are you familar with Jaylen Miller? What are you hearing about his recruitment? Is there a particular reason why we have not offered?
I've heard a lot of Wake Forest with the folks I've talked with about him lately. USC just hasn't seen enough to warrant an offer. They haven't offered and neither has Clemson in state. I'm not sure who would be a take for out of state right now, to be honest. He is the kind of guy that would have needed to camp this summer to earn an offer, most likely. He did not do that. I'm going to continue to keep an eye on him later in the process.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT