ADVERTISEMENT

Helluva Game tonight.

3 of them a year.... And we still hang a banner, kids get rings and alco haters get to come out and cringe... Best part of the night was watching half of our local community come out to hate rather than represent but you got put in your place... Haha ha ha ha

There must have been a large crowd trying to stream the radio online as well, as I was unable to connect on WTBO's stream.

Fortunately for me though, WCBC was broadcasting too...it took a couple tries to connect but once I did...man what a game!!

And those WCBC guys are head and shoulders better than the WTBO ones too!! Nice job WCBC and thanks!!

Reactions: towpath94
Since Allegany hasn't beat FH in what.... the last ten games? Maybe Allegany needs to have half a schedule of MCC/Dunbar type schools so they can compete with FH.

What kind of bullshit logic is that? FH should play up to its competition and Allegany should drop FH.

3 of them a year.... And we still hang a banner, kids get rings and alco haters get to come out and cringe... Best part of the night was watching half of our local community come out to hate rather than represent but you got put in your place... Haha ha ha ha

That makes you laugh? What an abysmal poverty of humor. You know, let's avoid injury. Maybe have the kids play cards to win, get rings and banners. You can still chump up at the bar.

They had to play 3 games that were missed because of the hurricane. They played them last week but had been off since Friday so they come up rested.
Keep trying to take away from the victory.

Reactions: Waggle Pass
Since Allegany hasn't beat FH in what.... the last ten games? Maybe Allegany needs to have half a schedule of MCC/Dunbar type schools so they can compete with FH.
On the topic of Dunbar, did anybody go to the Alco/Dunbar game and the FH/MCC game? if you did, i would love to know your thoughts on the two teams...not about the teams they played or the scores, just a comparison.
if fh plays dunbar down the road this will help them for sure, but is dunbar bringing the same athletes or just the same style?

Reactions: FortHillFan89
Dunbars QB was as much a part of the game for his legs moreso than his arm. He was a dual threat, but less accurate on passing than Collazo. And given more success against the run, Alco was able to contain #7 enough to pull the game out.

MCC qb was moving alot, but not past the line of scrimmage. he had no rushing yards. He was as pure a Passer this stadium hs seen since the big kid from Brunswick in 2011. But he had the added threat of two very obvious D1 receivers to target. Yuuuge difference between MCC and Dunbar.

BUT..Alco was able to stop big running attempts by #7. They earned that win. FH relied on a few more big passing stops to earn the that win.

Dunbar and MCC had some similarities but were really more different than alike.

edit. I realize I kinda did what you asked not to do. lol. I think the difference is Dunbar will rely more heavily on QB running, and FH may be better apt to contain a dual threat QB than a pure pocket passer.

Dunbars QB was as much a part of the game for his legs moreso than his arm. He was a dual threat, but less accurate on passing than Collazo. And given more success against the run, Alco was able to contain #7 enough to pull the game out.

MCC qb was moving alot, but not past the line of scrimmage. he had no rushing yards. He was as pure a Passer this stadium hs seen since the big kid from Brunswick in 2011. But he had the added threat of two very obvious D1 receivers to target. Yuuuge difference between MCC and Dunbar.

BUT..Alco was able to stop big running attempts by #7. They earned that win. FH relied on a few more big passing stops to earn the that win.

Dunbar and MCC had some similarities but were really more different than alike.

edit. I realize I kinda did what you asked not to do. lol. I think the difference is Dunbar will rely more heavily on QB running, and FH may be better apt to contain a dual threat QB than a pure pocket passer.
you answered well! good info. i didn't get to see dunbar in person so wanted somebody who was.

And the Alco fans below me yelling “MCC” with the Melbourne fans were teens for the most part. Just hoping for a FH loss! Wished I’d would have stayed in my seat until the end, but I had to get a jump on traffic to get to work on time. Would have been funny to see the disappointment on their faces as FH kicked the FG! Lol :)

On the topic of Dunbar, did anybody go to the Alco/Dunbar game and the FH/MCC game? if you did, i would love to know your thoughts on the two teams...not about the teams they played or the scores, just a comparison.
if fh plays dunbar down the road this will help them for sure, but is dunbar bringing the same athletes or just the same style?

I was at the Dunbar game, very similar to MCC in their game plan. Dunbar had significantly larger offensive and defensive lines. MCC obviously had 2 or 3 athletes on offense that were way above anybody on the Dunbar team.

MCC had.... what? 20 penalties? To suggest that they were rested and on top of their game is ridiculous.

I was at the Dunbar game, very similar to MCC in their game plan. Dunbar had significantly larger offensive and defensive lines. MCC obviously had 2 or 3 athletes on offense that were way above anybody on the Dunbar team.

MCC had.... what? 20 penalties? To suggest that they were rested and on top of their game is ridiculous.
Whatever it takes to discredit a FH victory.

Penalties come from discipline not fatigue.... and when the coach clearly can’t discipline himself, we end up seeing what we witnessed last night

Penalties come from discipline not fatigue.... and when the coach clearly can’t discipline himself, we end up seeing what we witnessed last night

Ugh, no. Not this game with D1 athletes and a superior rated team. You can't have it both ways. They were well coached and they handled the zillion flags really well.

Ugh.... unless you are saying that MCC was just another bum-of-the-week club with undisciplined athletes that FH schedules on its way to the playoffs.

Last edited:
AMEN.....BEST POST SO FAR. If you wasn't on the visitors side, this post may seem a little odd.

We seen just what I thought we would see. A team with fast athletes, that were undisciplined and not very well coached. Still a great win by the Sentinels.

I'm sorry. That was not an undisciplined team. And, when you get that many flags that the coach doesn't actually see from the sideline what the infraction was, you would expect him to react.

Come on... college or NFL, if the coach doesn't see the infraction they always react. And after a dozen flags, what do you expect. You don't think Appel would react if FH got 20 flags during an away game. Get real.

I would agree with u 100% but after watching the game on tv. I would say 90% of the flags were justified. My point of undisciplined was the coaches and team was more concerned about the people in the seats then putting the team in front of them away.

I'm sorry. That was not an undisciplined team. And, when you get that many flags that the coach doesn't actually see from the sideline what the infraction was, you would expect him to react.

Come on... college or NFL, if the coach doesn't see the infraction they always react. And after a dozen flags, what do you expect. You don't think Appel would react if FH got 20 flags during an away game. Get real.
Kind of made my point bud... a Todd Apple team won’t see 20 flags.... especially this deep into the season

Players on the sideline weren't paying attention to the game. Their D1, running back committed to South Carolina #2 who didn't play was listening to music on the sideline during the game.

Reactions: camper21502
I would agree with u 100% but after watching the game on tv. I would say 90% of the flags were justified. My point of undisciplined was the coaches and team was more concerned about the people in the seats then putting the team in front of them away.

As an oldster who has probably seen more live football games than most folks here (Colts season tickets with the greats and George Allen Redskins). I can tell you that no way in hell that you see a fraction of the actual penalties sitting in the stands.

And those Commercial vids don't get that much either. Perhaps the crappy NFL games give you more exposure... between the commercials, delays, challenges, doggy piss scenes in the end zone and so forth.

Players on the sideline weren't paying attention to the game. Their D1, running back committed to South Carolina #2 who didn't play was listening to music on the sideline during the game.

I think they were tired, bored and expected a walkover. Shame on them.

Compared to FH, and usually Alco and the other local schools too, we don't see many teams that have quite the same level of discipline. Especially sideline discipline.

BUT the coach for MCC openly said "we hope to put on a show for you" during pregame. Thats their style.

Compared to FH, and usually Alco and the other local schools too, we don't see many teams that have quite the same level of discipline. Especially sideline discipline.

BUT the coach for MCC openly said "we hope to put on a show for you" during pregame. Thats their style.

I can accept some of that as long as they don't run on the field. There was a MR parent, that I will never forget, who looked like a pure mountain man that shouted to his son constantly during the game the other year. He even sent his wife down to try and get the lad some 'mountain dew' during the game. Quite comical.

And the Alco fans below me yelling “MCC” with the Melbourne fans were teens for the most part. Just hoping for a FH loss! Wished I’d would have stayed in my seat until the end, but I had to get a jump on traffic to get to work on time. Would have been funny to see the disappointment on their faces as FH kicked the FG! Lol :)
I seen alot of Alco fans including myself cheering on FH but of course be there will be some ppl acting a fool like some of the red did at the Dunbar game... I was at both games and was proud of both schools for the support shown..

Last edited:
Reactions: CamperGrad1999
I just dont understand adults rooting for our own kids to fail. Esp against a team from out if state or out of town. To me it's only acceptable in week 10 and the 2nd round of the playoffs. Personally if it's not Allegany winning the state title, I'll root for FH to win 10 in a row

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT