ADVERTISEMENT

Helluva Game tonight.

Best five bucks I’ve spent in a very long time!!!

Yes it was... Guess the "Cumberland losing population excuse for low turn out" was just that, because the place was packed... People want to see good games, no matter if it is cheaper now than it was in the 20's because of "inflation" as someone put it. No body wants to see a schedule full of Silver Oaks. But they'll pay to see games like this. I would guess there was close to 7 or 8k people.. Both stands were full, it was basically standing room only. Congrats to FH, hopefully we'll see more games like this sprinkled throughout future schedules...

Last edited:
Gotta give credit to Appel & coaching staff. FH teams of old would've completely abandoned the pass after an interception.

Reactions: towpath94
I was sitting near the MCC crowd. They kept yelling “homer” with every flag that was thrown their way. Most of the penalties I saw looked legit to me...on both sides of the ball!

I was sitting near the MCC crowd. They kept yelling “homer” with every flag that was thrown their way. Most of the penalties I saw looked legit to me...on both sides of the ball!

Spoke to one of the MCC coaches after the game. Said they had never played in an atmosphere like that and it affected their team.

Crazy that Frankfort fans would root against FH in this one.

On another note, MCC held like crazy, blatant at times that was not called. The refs actually held back calling it at first but it was so blatant and often that they had to call it. Both teams showed some discipline issues with late hits But that could be attributed to adrenaline and fast play.

#3 gets praise for keeping his head and making plays after that pick six. The line on the two-pt pass protected him and allowed him to read and find the back coming out of the backfield. Great composure in a crucial moment. Then he drilled a pass to #9 in traffic who had to fight for that catch. #3 does not get many passing reps but he kept his head and made it count in the 4th; not to forget a bomb that was missed by just fingertips. They went spread on the last drive and he took control with his feet.

#21, I am sure a second team guy running with the first teamers tonight and looking first team tonight. Speed and extra effort yardage. He made some crucial runs tonight.

OFFENSIVE LINE (caps intentional) earned their chicken wings tonight and 5 pounded as usual and had a bring you to your feet run in the 3rd quarter.

The secondary struggled tonight but that was expected but those guys never quit. They will be better after this tonight as the bombs were flying at them all night and they were running with some fast and tall guys down the field that are used to this style of play.

I was sitting by a bunch of Frankfort fans all rooting for Melbourne.. They were stunned there at the end lol... Great job Sentinels!! Made Cumberland proud...

How could anyone not cheer for FH if you were remotely local. Insane. Great game. FH is Cumberland's team. Come on folks..... Ugh, this takes nothing away from wanting Alco to win homecoming, as remote as that may be.

Yes it was... Guess the "Cumberland losing population excuse for low turn out" was just that, because the place was packed... People want to see good games, no matter if it is cheaper now than it was in the 20's because of "inflation" as someone put it. No body wants to see a schedule full of Silver Oaks. But they'll pay to see games like this. I would guess there was close to 7 or 8k people.. Both stands were full, it was basically standing room only. Congrats to FH, hopefully we'll see more games like this sprinkled throughout future schedules...

FH should play at least half its schedule against teams like MCC. The patsy playoff schedule serves only the adults running things. Don't tell me that the young men playing this game didn't have the experience of their lives. Why does a banner on the wall, which serves only the career adults running the place, take precedence over the glory a young man feels playing a game like this.

Reactions: redtheperson
FH should play at least half its schedule against teams like MCC. The patsy playoff schedule serves only the adults running things. Don't tell me that the young men playing this game didn't have the experience of their lives. Why does a banner on the wall, which serves only the career adults running the place, take precedence over the glory a young man feels playing a game like this.

I can't agree with this.. This game could have went either way.. 5 losses and FH is sitting at home.. Lets not get overly zealous. As far as the "past schedule only serving the adults" comment.. I don't think this is really the case either. Think of all the money they're losing bc the refused to schedule quality opponents. They probably made close to 30 or 40k in gate money alone and that's not including concessions and raffles... Seems like they're cutting their nose off to spite other schools.. That said, I'm perfectly satisfied with FH testing themselves at least once or twice a yr. I get TD Helmick's point that there is no reason to jeopardize your playoff chances. 1 or 2 losses won't hurt you. 5 will kill your playoff chances. Your assertion that they should play at least half their games at this level only validates the FH excuse makers claims that you want FH to schedule themselves out of the playoffs... I think you should rethink this position.

Last edited:
I had plenty of Alco fans near me cheering MCC on. Even ringing their Alco cow bell! They all ate crow in the end!

Great win for Cumberland!

That is just sad... if I believe you. How can you not cheer for FH in a game like this. Well, I have seen the red-jackets show up and cheer against Alco. So, for some it works both ways.

Incidentally, I am watching the Commercial Vid now. MCC surprisingly has no line. I mean... it isn't near the size and quality of Dunbar. Seriously.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
I can't agree with this.. This game could have went either way.. 5 losses and FH is sitting at home.. Lets not get overly zealous. As far as the past schedule only serving the adults.. I don't think this is really the case either. Think of all the money they're losing bc the refused to schedule quality opponents. They probably made close to 30 or 40k in gate money alone and that's not including concessions and raffles... Seems like they're cutting their nose off yo spite other schools.. That said, I'm perfectly satisfied with FH testing themselves at least once or twice a yr. I get TD Helmick's point that there is no reason to jeopardize your playoff chances. 1 or 2 losses won't hurt you. 5 will kill your playoff chances. Your assertion that they should play at least half their games at this level only validates the FH excuse makers claims that you want FH to schedule themselves out of the playoffs... I think you should rethink this position.

You miss the biggest point I make in this forum. I could give a shit about the playoffs. The championships are for the school, the admin and the oldsters who want to live through whatever. The young men remember the games and the challenges.

You miss the biggest point I make in this forum. I could give a shit about the playoffs. The championships are for the school, the admin and the oldsters who want to live through whatever. The young men remember the games and the challenges.

Oh ok well most people do care about championships.. And that is the goal and pinnacle of any sporting event... That's why seasons are capped with them i.e. super bowl, Stanley Cup, World series, nba championship, World cup and on and on.. But that's an interesting position you have taken up... Not well thought out though..

Oh ok well most people do care about championships.. And that is the goal and pinnacle of any sporting event... That's why seasons are capped with them i.e. super bowl, Stanley Cup, World series, nba championship, World cup and on and on.. But that's an interesting position you have taken up... Not well thought out though..

Thanks for your opinion of professional sports and the slack-jaw jaded aspect of sports in general.

The mission of all high school activities is to promote community and competition for students in order for them to become successful adults. Your comments reflect the worst in this forum. It is the worst of our system that a school would schedule down to merely put a banner on the wall.

What the hell are bragging rights to a young man needing competition. Why would you cheat him out of the struggle he deserves for your posting satisfaction in a forum?

Thanks for your opinion of professional sports and the slack-jaw jaded aspect of sports in general.

The mission of all high school activities is to promote community and competition for students in order for them to become successful adults. Your comments reflect the worst in this forum. It is the worst of our system that a school would schedule down to merely put a banner on the wall.

What the hell are bragging rights to a young man needing competition. Why would you cheat him out of the struggle he deserves for your posting satisfaction in a forum?

Oh give it a break no one is saying its not important to promote community and competition versus winning championships... Stop with the strawman arguments. All three are important and aren't mutually exclusive. Fact is you said, "I could give a shit about the playoffs. The championships are for the school, the admin and the oldsters who want to live through whatever". You're in the minority if there even is one. You may be the only person on the planet with that warped perception of not wanting to reach the pinnacle of your craft. Maybe we should scrap titles all together and just schedule David vs. Goliath matchups all the time so you can feel good that one time David slays the Giant. You say your goal isn't to when championships but I know for a fact that it is to try and win back and forth arguments on message boards. I don't have time for you today. So this is my last response to you.

#3 gets praise for keeping his head and making plays after that pick six. The line on the two-pt pass protected him and allowed him to read and find the back coming out of the backfield. Great composure in a crucial moment. Then he drilled a pass to #9 in traffic who had to fight for that catch. #3 does not get many passing reps but he kept his head and made it count in the 4th; not to forget a bomb that was missed by just fingertips. They went spread on the last drive and he took control with his feet.

#21, I am sure a second team guy running with the first teamers tonight and looking first team tonight. Speed and extra effort yardage. He made some crucial runs tonight.

OFFENSIVE LINE (caps intentional) earned their chicken wings tonight and 5 pounded as usual and had a bring you to your feet run in the 3rd quarter.

The secondary struggled tonight but that was expected but those guys never quit. They will be better after this tonight as the bombs were flying at them all night and they were running with some fast and tall guys down the field that are used to this style of play.
I personally thought 21 was the difference last night. MCC didn’t have an answer for him. That you man showed that he has that star potential when he touched the football.

Lag doesn’t know what to type right now. He put so much Stock in MCC this week that he’s still shell shocked that FH won.
But lag shows his true colors once again by going at the schedule or trying to discredit championships. What a joke.
And going to this Comparing them to Dunbar bullshit. Get the f**k out of here with that.

Once again lag. Your a joke and your posts are a joke. That become very evident over the past 24 hours.

Reactions: bigsavage
Lag doesn’t know what to type right now. He put so much Stock in MCC this week that he’s still shell shocked that FH won.
But lag shows his true colors once again by going at the schedule or trying to discredit championships. What a joke.
And going to this Comparing them to Dunbar bullshit. Get the f**k out of here with that.

Once again lag. Your a joke and your posts are a joke. That become very evident over the past 24 hours.

LOL I would submit that it goes back much further than the past 24 hours :)

Reactions: hbpass2
If your theory is correct, and I'm not saying it isn't, why did Alco/Dunbar have 1,000 or so people? There wasn't one section of the home side even full.

Or him saying Alco would have scored 42 pts on MCC which is laughable b/c they would have given up about 200 pts. Some people just cant let others enjoy the moment..

If your theory is correct, and I'm not saying it isn't, why did Alco/Dunbar have 1,000 or so people? There wasn't one section of the home side even full.

For the same reason why Allegany hasn't had the fan support for the past 20 yrs. Allegany fan support and area support for Allegany just isn't as strong as it is for FH... Hell you have more FH people at Allegany games than Allegany people..

Last edited:
Reactions: sentinel-nurse
Oh give it a break no one is saying its not important to promote community and competition versus winning championships... Stop with the strawman arguments. All three are important and aren't mutually exclusive. Fact is you said, "I could give a shit about the playoffs. The championships are for the school, the admin and the oldsters who want to live through whatever". You're in the minority if there even is one. You may be the only person on the planet with that warped perception of not wanting to reach the pinnacle of your craft. Maybe we should scrap titles all together and just schedule David vs. Goliath matchups all the time so you can feel good that one time David slays the Giant. You say your goal isn't to when championships but I know for a fact that it is to try and win back and forth arguments on message boards. I don't have time for you today. So this is my last response to you.

"pinnacle of your craft" - That is maxi-zoom-dweebie insane for high school sports. Good Grief! Talk about living one's life expectancy through our youth.

Lag, that is just not true. I see the boys wearing their rings with pride all of the time. Not the adults. Believe me, the kids who were part of the titles playing in those awesome stadiums will always remember it and cherish it for life.

We have different experiences. I had 10 years experience running a program in high level competitive youth sports. I have seen so much 'match to win' that I became sick of it.

If you think the FH schedule for the first six games was challenging for this team fine. It certainly gained everything they needed for the playoffs. I think the young men were sold short.

That's just my opinion.

I never once said I wouldn’t like to see more quality opponents. But it seems that unless FH is playing 5 Martinsburg, MCC, opponents SOME people are not happy. I’m not sold on the quality of Allegany’s opponents this season but I’m not going to throw my opinions out and tarnish what they have accomplished.

Reactions: bigsavage
I never once said I wouldn’t like to see more quality opponents. But it seems that unless FH is playing 5 Martinsburg, MCC, opponents SOME people are not happy. I’m not sold on the quality of Allegany’s opponents this season but I’m not going to throw my opinions out and tarnish what they have accomplished.

I'm not trying to tarnish anything. I would like to see FH build on last night. They can give their young men better. They proved it. They proved that the community will come out.

To steal a line from Reagan, FH is the "Shining city upon a hill" for Cumberland. They should fold Allegany into FH and build the community that was there last night.

For the same reason why Allegany hasn't had the fan support for the past 20 yrs. Allegany fan support and area support for Allegany just isn't as strong as it is for FH... Hell you have more FH people at Allegany games than Allegany people..
gotcha, I thought you were talking about both schools.
I couldn't agree more that one or two of these a year would be awesome, but I am humble enough to admit that Todd and Coach know more about scheduling than I do.

That is just sad... if I believe you. How can you not cheer for FH in a game like this. Well, I have seen the red-jackets show up and cheer against Alco. So, for some it works both ways.

Incidentally, I am watching the Commercial Vid now. MCC surprisingly has no line. I mean... it isn't near the size and quality of Dunbar. Seriously.

That's right. The MCC kids were in shape.

Since Allegany hasn't beat FH in what.... the last ten games? Maybe Allegany needs to have half a schedule of MCC/Dunbar type schools so they can compete with FH.

Reactions: fooseballfamily
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT