ADVERTISEMENT

Havre de Grace vs Brunswick

I know I'm not up to speed on the regions and any changes in how they are aligned...but how in the world are HdG and Brunswick in the same region?

Reactions: ravemwp
I know I'm not up to speed on the regions and any changes in how they are aligned...but how in the world are HdG and Brunswick in the same region?
It's crazy Perryville and Havre De Grace are separated by about 5 miles, and are in different regions. Yet Perryville is in the same region as Snow Hill. Roughly 150 miles apart. SMH, go figure. MPSSAA always gets it right. 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: jackb309
It's crazy Perryville and Havre De Grace are separated by about 5 miles, and are in different regions. Yet Perryville is in the same region as Snow Hill. Roughly 150 miles apart. SMH, go figure. MPSSAA always gets it right. 😂😂
In the MPSSAA's defense, 1A is by far the most spread out region of them all. Boonsboro, Brunswick, and Catoctin are all in the North with teams from Baltimore and Harford Counties, which on the surface doesn't make any sense, but the best option of the West already has 8 teams in it. You can't count on Southern, Clear Spring, and Hancock deciding that they don't want to compete in the playoffs every year. Now this would be remedied by not having every team make the playoffs but we know that's here to stay unfortunately. But then again, there was a 7 and two 6 seeds that won last night.

In the MPSSAA's defense, 1A is by far the most spread out region of them all. Boonsboro, Brunswick, and Catoctin are all in the North with teams from Baltimore and Harford Counties, which on the surface doesn't make any sense, but the best option of the West already has 8 teams in it. You can't count on Southern, Clear Spring, and Hancock deciding that they don't want to compete in the playoffs every year. Now this would be remedied by not having every team make the playoffs but we know that's here to stay unfortunately. But then again, there was a 7 and two 6 seeds that won last night.
Plus the eastern shore has way less schools than west of the bay so you gotta include some of these teams in the east that probably should be north.

Reactions: Tony54
Yeah I get that, but its almost like putting FH and Allegany in different regions. Perryville and HDG actually play in the same league, and 10 minutes away from each other. (sound familiar) I don't know the solution, but it seems they could have aligned the regions a little better. If you aren't going to put teams in same regions together maybe the answer is to do away with regions and just seed 1-32. The MPSSAA can't claim travel expenses as the reason for regions as long as they won't put two schools 5 miles apart in the same region.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT