ADVERTISEMENT

Havre de Grace: Lots of Excitement

Seasoned Lettuce

All State Poster
Jul 28, 2015
Seems like a wonderful community, truly does, lots and lots of school spirit. They are sending fan buses to the game, I think I may have even read that they are free. They are selling spirit ribbons for a dollar apiece, they are appearing in Christmas Parades, they are doing radio shows, and they're selling "State Championship Game" T Shirts.

Again, from afar, seems like a great group of people and I'm thrilled we'll have two huge or at least nicely sized fan bases at the game for a change. But, I keep getting this vibe that they are already celebrating, I mean just for making it there.

They win, they go bonkers crazy and deservedly so.
They lose, hey, everybody already has the t-shirt and the spirit ribbons so they're good.

We win, we go bonkers crazy because we are bonkers crazy, there are none crazier.
We lose, it's hari kari time, I mean not for the kids, but we as fans, it would be horrible, really, really bad.

I'm thrilled they're so happy to be there, I'm equally thrilled that we're excited about the prospects of a 3-peat.

I just keep going back to this quote I read recently on Facebook, and I just feel like it sums up this game perfectly:

"EVERYONE HAS A PLAN UNTIL THEY GET PUNCHED IN THE FACE"........Mike Tyson

Here's to hoping for a monster crowd.

Last edited:
And what makes you think they are simply happy to be there? It's posts like this that make me embarrassed to be a Fort Hill fan. Have some respect. So you guys think it will be a blowout...that doesn't mean they think it will. I am sure they realize Fort Hill is a very good football team, but I would also venture to say that they think they can win as well if they play their best game.

Any given Sunday right?

You're somewhat right, I toned it down to emphasize some of the positives, a little bit of posters remorse I guess.

Good weather, here's to a big crowd and a 3-peat.

Last edited:
Reactions: jeremiah_sl_21
Looked at some pics of the HDG and FAET game. Line play should be dominant for FH tomorrow. Do you even lift, bro?

Yeah just stumbled across it. I don't expect anything less than a hard fought game out of hdg. Neither does the kids. In fact some of these posts is down right poisonous. I don't remember quite the cockyness the past 2 years.

Reactions: wing_left
At the end of the day they played threw November and to the last game in December, I think no matter who post what or what the final score is you gotta give any team the respect for that achievement, I just predict a FH win and I see FH being very physical .. But anything is possible ,honestly I hope it's a good game,, with that said the man that posted this thread should have a little more respect for the HDG.. He speaks a lot about coach Appel ,but coach Appel would not say things of this nature.. Lettuce if your so involved with the FH program start acting like it , I believe your the type that enjoys hearing yourself talk . We call that SELF IMPORTANT... Very sad thread to say the least

Last edited:
Yeah just stumbled across it. I don't expect anything less than a hard fought game out of hdg. Neither does the kids. In fact some of these posts is down right poisonous. I don't remember quite the cockyness the past 2 years.
I hate to say it beause I'm red thru and thru, but it's been there, forever. There is this blind faith that FH is always the best and they deserve to win, sometimes you are just not the best.

Reactions: wing_left
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT