ADVERTISEMENT

Fort Hill vs Catoctin score?

Until somebody in 1A shows they can muscle-up against FH....

42 - 20. FH

FH 49-20. Even on a down year FH is better than the best in 1A

Last edited:
Lag is underestimating the field conditions which favors the team that is accustomed to them. Catoctin is very good at home. FH kicking game is unmatched and will be the deciding factor in this one.

Lag is underestimating the field conditions which favors the team that is accustomed to them. Catoctin is very good at home. FH kicking game is unmatched and will be the deciding factor in this one.

True, I don't follow all this like most here. I did check the weather though and it doesn't look bad at all. Just seems to me that unless a team has a stout, well conditioned line they can sub between offense and defense, FH will surely wear them down... or, outright blow them out early. You don't generally see those teams in 1A.

Then, of course, to beat FH you also need an offense with a couple of receivers with good hands, tall or fast will do. I don't think a super quarterback who can both run and pass is necessary - but just have one who doesn't rattle and can throw under pressure.

Those elements are simple but rarely possible in 1A. Even the last Dunbar game was winnable for FH. Less than a handful of outstanding Dunbar plays by individual athletes made the difference.

It does look like I was early in on this thread with what might be the consensus spread.

FH 31
Catoctin 14

The grass field isn’t going to let this game be high scoring and Danny king is going to be the difference with his punting ability

35-31 Catoctin. Catoctin has scored over 40 points in 11 of their 12 games. May not make 40 Friday night but I dont think they'll be held to less than 4 tds.

FH 31
Catoctin 14

The grass field isn’t going to let this game be high scoring and Danny king is going to be the difference with his punting ability
Great point about the field. I just can’t see Fort Hills defense holding Catoctin to only two touchdowns. I hope you’re right

Great point about the field. I just can’t see Fort Hills defense holding Catoctin to only two touchdowns. I hope you’re right

Pretty sure all but maybe one of Catoctins games were played on grass, it didn't matter. And it was 40 in 10 of 11, forgot about the TJ forfeit, although they probably would've dropped 40 then anyway lol.

Fort Hill 49-21

The FH defense has improved, but they still aren't close to last years group. The offense though is just as good. Catoctin couldn't stop them last year and 4 of the OL return. I don't see the grass making that much of a difference.

Reactions: hbpass2
Last year's regional title game with Catoctin was so bad it was boring. I mean it was a complete ass stomping by half time. While I realize this is a different year and venue I just can't pick Catoctin. Closer game yea. Winning it another story.

Seriously, how does anyone really know how good either one of these teams are? Both played ONE good team and lost. The rest was horrible competition.

FH 52 Catoctin 28

Reactions: Tony54
Last year's regional title game with Catoctin was so bad it was boring. I mean it was a complete ass stomping by half time. While I realize this is a different year and venue I just can't pick Catoctin. Closer game yea. Winning it another story.

Seriously, how does anyone really know how good either one of these teams are? Both played ONE good team and lost. The rest was horrible competition.

FH 52 Catoctin 28
Catoctin played Walkersville to overtime. Walkersville played Middletown to overtime also. Middletown may be the best team in 2a right now, so I would say Catoctin Has to be pretty good.

Catoctin is going to be a battle. The FH rush was the reason last year got out of hand quick. That rush coupled with the venue makes this a game. FH wins because of the special teams. Endzone kicks, coffin corners, and a 44 yard fg. This game will be close. Just an opinion

35-31 Catoctin. Catoctin has scored over 40 points in 11 of their 12 games. May not make 40 Friday night but I dont think they'll be held to less than 4 tds.
Ok, Mr Catoctin, that joined this thread in the playoffs to run ur mouth. Let’s put schedule to schedule. Your 1 win was a forfeit TJ, “Big Win over a 3A school, concrads”, You played a weak ass 3A Frederick team that probably couldn’t beat Hancock. Your forfeit over TJ is the only reason you are tops in the west. FH has played the similar teams that Catoctin has played minus power house smithsburg (haha) And has matched the scores. So your horneyness over your catoctin Putin up points is wack dude. You played 1 tough opponent , Walkersville. Until you put up, shut up

Reactions: RedPride97
Ok, Mr Catoctin, that joined this thread in the playoffs to run ur mouth. Let’s put schedule to schedule. Your 1 win was a forfeit TJ, “Big Win over a 3A school, concrads”, You played a weak ass 3A Frederick team that probably couldn’t beat Hancock. Your forfeit over TJ is the only reason you are tops in the west. FH has played the similar teams that Catoctin has played minus power house smithsburg (haha) And has matched the scores. So your horneyness over your catoctin Putin up points is wack dude. You played 1 tough opponent , Walkersville. Until you put up, shut up
Alcohol involved here?

Lol. Kind of like the "powerhouses" hedgesville and silver oak that FH beat up on? So I cant find updated stats but after week 7 Catoctin had the 2nd leading passer, the leading rusher, and the leading reciever in Frederick County. Their top back just rushed for 280 yards and had 6tds against a team some of you thought would beat them by 2 tds. And they ran one formation the entire 1st half or the game may not have been as close as it was. They did what they should do against bad teams and that's beat up on them. If you think they wouldn't have beat TJ you bumped your head.

Apparently FH struggles with the pass, good luck. Catoctin throws the ball well. So ya I'd say I feel pretty good about the points they put up and FH not being able to hold them under 4tds. They can beat you alot of different ways. This isn't the same team that came out there and got waxed last season. But just like 09 Catoctin will get zero respect until they win the championship again.

Reactions: BoyznBlue
And nowhere in the score I predicted did I say "FH cant score, they only beat bad teams." I just stated that I dont think they can hold them under 4 tds. I dont think if FH wins it will be in a blow out.

And nowhere in the score I predicted did I say "FH cant score, they only beat bad teams." I just stated that I dont think they can hold them under 4 tds. I dont think if FH wins it will be in a blow out.
Whatever helps you sleep at night sweetie

Look buttercup, FH could very well come down the mountain into Thurmont and win the game, but they will need to score at least 30 points to do it. Catoctin has a QB who can throw, has a reciever who can go up and get the ball (back to back games he went up and over guys to get a td and a pick) and has a RB who will run all over you if you're not careful.

You FH faithful are putting too much stock into a game from last season. Dunbar probably felt the same way when they came into Thurmont.

Look buttercup, FH could very well come down the mountain into Thurmont and win the game, but they will need to score at least 30 points to do it. Catoctin has a QB who can throw, has a reciever who can go up and get the ball (back to back games he went up and over guys to get a td and a pick) and has a RB who will run all over you if you're not careful.

You FH faithful are putting too much stock into a game from last season. Dunbar probably felt the same way when they came into Thurmont.
No this is not last years team and thats a good thing for ya'll. Those kid stomped a mud hole in your ass and enjoyed doing it. Just because you get to play at home don't start sticking chest out. After the ass whipping you took lasy year you shouldn't be running you jibe till you actually do something. Understand tender foot

Wow, you're a sensitive fellow. Nobody is sticking their chest out. "I don't think they'll hold them under 4tds" is running your mouth? Or saying I think Catoctin wins 35-31. Now if I said something foolish like FH will have a running clock on them to start the 2nd half I could understand your whining.

Man you folks need to get out of Cumberland if you think that constitutes running your mouth or talking trash. If we are going to play the "your lucky it isn't xyz team" then you're lucky it isn't the 09 team you're facing, that running clock would've surely hurt FHs pride. See that's stupid isn't it?

Bottomline is all everyone complains about on here is that FH can't stop the pass. Catoctin throws the ball well. 2+2=4, get it? If FH cant stop the pass and Catoctin has a good passing game, what does that mean? Did I slow it down enough for you? Let me help, it means FH could struggle to stop Catoctin from scoring, hence "I dont think they hold them under 4 tds." I know, I know. I'm talking trash because I used the information I've got and came to a pretty sensible conclusion. My bad sweet pea.

Just my two cents also. I’m a Fort Hill guy and I don’t think Fort Hills defense will hold them under four touchdowns either. I am hoping Catoctin only scores 4 touchdowns because I think they’re going to have a hard time stopping Fort Hill also.

Wow, you're a sensitive fellow. Nobody is sticking their chest out. "I don't think they'll hold them under 4tds" is running your mouth? Or saying I think Catoctin wins 35-31. Now if I said something foolish like FH will have a running clock on them to start the 2nd half I could understand your whining.

Man you folks need to get out of Cumberland if you think that constitutes running your mouth or talking trash. If we are going to play the "your lucky it isn't xyz team" then you're lucky it isn't the 09 team you're facing, that running clock would've surely hurt FHs pride. See that's stupid isn't it?

Bottomline is all everyone complains about on here is that FH can't stop the pass. Catoctin throws the ball well. 2+2=4, get it? If FH cant stop the pass and Catoctin has a good passing game, what does that mean? Did I slow it down enough for you? Let me help, it means FH could struggle to stop Catoctin from scoring, hence "I dont think they hold them under 4 tds." I know, I know. I'm talking trash because I used the information I've got and came to a pretty sensible conclusion. My bad sweet pea.

What did you think of Fairmont Heights? Going into that game I thought they were pretty good.

As Boomer used to say,

“That’s why they play the game”

Let’s hope it’s a good competitive game, with good sportsmanship and no injuries. Best of luck to the Sentinels! I want to see both teams A game and leave it all on the field.

What did you think of Fairmont Heights? Going into that game I thought they were pretty good.

They seemed to have alot of players but not much depth. Most of them never came off the field with the exception of special teams. They had a pretty good sized RB with speed, at least he appeared to be a good sized kid from the bleachers.

Bottomline is all everyone complains about on here is that FH can't stop the pass. Catoctin throws the ball well. 2+2=4, get it? If FH cant stop the pass and Catoctin has a good passing game, what does that mean? Did I slow it down enough for you? Let me help, it means FH could struggle to stop Catoctin from scoring, hence "I dont think they hold them under 4 ." I know, I know. I'm talking trash because I used the information I've got and came to a pretty sensible conclusion. My bad sweet pea.
Sensitive no not at all go back and read your own shit you brought up the game last year you keep talking about 09 long time ago. So I'd say it is you who are on the sensitive side. Thats what i expected from someone east of the cut

You struggle with comprehension, I wont say that is what I expect from someone "west of the cut", I wouldnt want to lump you all together. Someone up above based their prediction on the game from last season, which is why I said "this isn't the same team from last year." I get it, lot to read, some stuff could be missed, no biggie.

FH wins this game by at least 3 TDs. And like I said in August, will face Dunbar in the championship game. This time next year Fort Hill and Dunbar will be playing again for the 2020 1A championship.

Reactions: Lagmeister
Just my two cents also. I’m a Fort Hill guy and I don’t think Fort Hills defense will hold them under four touchdowns either. I am hoping Catoctin only scores 4 touchdowns because I think they’re going to have a hard time stopping Fort Hill also.
Im with you that the defense is at times suspect but i believe they will hold them to one maybe two scores with ball control if they don't have the ball it makes it allot harder for them to score.

Reactions: Tony54
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT