ADVERTISEMENT

Fort Hill vs Catoctin score?

You struggle with comprehension, I wont say that is what I expect from someone "west of the cut", I wouldnt want to lump you all together. Someone up above based their prediction on the game from last season, which is why I said "this isn't the same team from last year." I get it, lot to read, some stuff could be missed, no biggie.
Well go over and read some that shit on Facebook your friends have already put people up here altogether for you. See ya Friday

Wow, you're a sensitive fellow. Nobody is sticking their chest out. "I don't think they'll hold them under 4tds" is running your mouth? Or saying I think Catoctin wins 35-31. Now if I said something foolish like FH will have a running clock on them to start the 2nd half I could understand your whining.

Man you folks need to get out of Cumberland if you think that constitutes running your mouth or talking trash. If we are going to play the "your lucky it isn't xyz team" then you're lucky it isn't the 09 team you're facing, that running clock would've surely hurt FHs pride. See that's stupid isn't it?

Bottomline is all everyone complains about on here is that FH can't stop the pass. Catoctin throws the ball well. 2+2=4, get it? If FH cant stop the pass and Catoctin has a good passing game, what does that mean? Did I slow it down enough for you? Let me help, it means FH could struggle to stop Catoctin from scoring, hence "I dont think they hold them under 4 tds." I know, I know. I'm talking trash because I used the information I've got and came to a pretty sensible conclusion. My bad sweet pea.

Again, I am sure Catoctin is all you claim it is. The difference is - from my earlier post - the ability of Catoctin to have and sub significant offense and defense on their line. Even your offense will go wobbly on pass protection if they spend three quarters getting run over on defense. An athletic team that is gassed and battered is no longer athletic.

FH is old school to the max: blocking and tackling. Their tackling is not up to FH standard of old but their blocking sure as hell is and they can do it all damn day with a big back ramming the rock down your throat while they can also get outside. Unless you've beaten a team like that, stats don't mean much.

I get it, if you cant sub you'll have problems, that was Fairmonts problem. The key here is that Catoctin does sub their offensive and defensive lines. Their QB is strictly a QB. Their RB doesn't play much defense.

Just out of curiosity, outside of the private school they lost too, which appeared to be one sided, has FH been behind and had to fight back? Has their 1st team offense and defense had to play a full game yet? A dog fight the whole way? Catoctin was down 20-7 at Walkersville and had to fight and claw their way back into it.

I don't think getting banged on Friday night will be a problem for Catoctin Friday night. They've been hit in the mouth and knocked to the canvas but got up and answered the bell. Has FH had to do that yet this season?

Well go over and read some that shit on Facebook your friends have already put people up here altogether for you. See ya Friday

Ah what they said on facebook. Two separate conversations. Like I said, nothing I said on here was trash talking or taking anything away from Fort Hill.

I get it, if you cant sub you'll have problems, that was Fairmonts problem. The key here is that Catoctin does sub their offensive and defensive lines. Their QB is strictly a QB. Their RB doesn't play much defense.

Just out of curiosity, outside of the private school they lost too, which appeared to be one sided, has FH been behind and had to fight back? Has their 1st team offense and defense had to play a full game yet? A dog fight the whole way? Catoctin was down 20-7 at Walkersville and had to fight and claw their way back into it.

I don't think getting banged on Friday night will be a problem for Catoctin Friday night. They've been hit in the mouth and knocked to the canvas but got up and answered the bell. Has FH had to do that yet this season?

Mkay. Then you've got a shot. What about the bruising fullback issue. I don't know much about you or Walkersville. Did they have an inside running game? Keeping your lines fresh is an excellent start. If they have size and strength then you are way over half way to a win.

As to the competition for FH. Well... one game and they lost. Generally thinking, I have not seen FH as a come back team... they just haven't had to. But remember, FH has been there and been there. They don't rattle and they don't break. It's kinda like, "Holly shit, how do you stop that." - getting run over is a physical thing not a change-your-defense thing.

It’s all fun. Fort Hills defense last year was lights out. Like I said before I’m sure Catoctin is a lot better than they were last year. I was impressed that they beat Fairmont Heights so easily. I can’t wait for the game this Friday. It should be a great one!!

Look buttercup, FH could very well come down the mountain into Thurmont and win the game, but they will need to score at least 30 points to do it. Catoctin has a QB who can throw, has a reciever who can go up and get the ball (back to back games he went up and over guys to get a td and a pick) and has a RB who will run all over you if you're not careful.

You FH faithful are putting too much stock into a game from last season. Dunbar probably felt the same way when they came into Thurmont.
Catoctin will live off the crowd for a half, and probably have it tied up at around 21 going into the intermission. FH comes out and brings them back down to earth with some ball control football. FH wins by 2 or 3 scores. Should be a fun game to watch

Walkersville had some decent size. Fairmont had a big bruising back, he broke a lot of tackles. I'm not sure how he ended the day but outside of the 50 yard td he broke I dont think he had many other big runs. But he was a big kid. It appeared some folks on here were impressed with the kid from Williamsport, Catoctin held him to 50 yards and Willaimsport to less than 150 total yards for the game.

Well they played a full game against Brunswick, but that's probably about it. I wouldn't put a lot of stock into the ECP game simply because there isnt a team in 1A that is going to be able to emulate what that offense was able to do

Well they played a full game against Brunswick, but that's probably about it. I wouldn't put a lot of stock into the ECP game simply because there isnt a team in 1A that is going to be able to emulate what that offense was able to do

I agree. I just wasnt sure if the starters played the whole game against them or not.

Some points scored. Close game in the 4th quarter. Should be exciting.

FH Has Won 19 Straight against MPSSAA Class 1A Schools and 47 of the last 48 against such Schools. The Last Loss 30-26 to Dunbar in 2017 State Final. Todd Apple 11th Year as Head Coach
142-15

Fort hill has to many weapons. They smeared Catoctin last year 55-6! I know it’s a new year. But come on.. FH defense is getting better and better as it always does. I’m gonna day FH 28 Catoctin 12.

I know, if you're doing cross-referencing you'll see that I picked Catoctin to win on the pick'em thread. That was in the spirit of competition - I do think FH is the favorite, and probably should win. However, if there is a push contest on that list, I'd say it's this one.

I think if both teams play a decent game, minimal overall turnovers and mistakes - FH wins 34-24. If either team contracts fumble-itis, or has a few too many brain farts, I could easily see a 10 point swing up OR down. I'm thinking both teams will play a pretty neat game, FH will absolutely have a fairly basic game plan on offense and do well. Catcoctin will probably open up the playbook more, and thats where the risk-reward factor will come into play. If the risks payoff, this one goes to the wire.

FH wins this game by at least 3 TDs. And like I said in August, will face Dunbar in the championship game. This time next year Fort Hill and Dunbar will be playing again for the 2020 1A championship.

I feel the same. Although I think this Catoctin team brings more to the 1A table then years past. Maybe the game at Catoctin will show otherwise.

I still think this is the lesser of all the FH teams Coach Appel has put out since 2012. Only 3 starters came back. The fact it could be them and Dunbar again only demonstrates how far removed the other teams are in 1A. I expect FH to be much better in 2020. Their entire back 7 on defense will return. Oh yea, and Stubbs for 2 more years.

Ok, Mr Catoctin, that joined this thread in the playoffs to run ur mouth. Let’s put schedule to schedule. Your 1 win was a forfeit TJ, “Big Win over a 3A school, concrads”, You played a weak ass 3A Frederick team that probably couldn’t beat Hancock. Your forfeit over TJ is the only reason you are tops in the west. FH has played the similar teams that Catoctin has played minus power house smithsburg (haha) And has matched the scores. So your horneyness over your catoctin Putin up points is wack dude. You played 1 tough opponent , Walkersville. Until you put up, shut up

Guess they put up, huh?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT