ADVERTISEMENT

Fort Hill at Southern

The stage was set for a Southern victory. Poor field conditions, especially along the sidelines. And let's not forget that crown in the middle of the field, how high was that, 12 inches? Kind of hard for anyone to pass if you're used to a level field. (I know, Fort Hill has issues passing, but they can throw the ball, don't take the passing game for granted.) Then there was the ref who threw the flag on anything. The pass interference call at the end of the game reminded me of the time that Southern knocked off Martinsburg because of a touchdown on an untimed play due to a pass interference call in the end zone on the last play of the game. I bet that Coach Walker still remembers that game!

Anyway, this Fort Hill team has done much better than I thought that they would. Do they commit penalties, yes. Will they fight...yes. Will they do things that don't make sense...YES. But this team has a fire about them that I haven't seen for a long time. And they do stand up for each other in a heartbeat. I love that about this team. It's Todd's job to keep these kids on the field and in the game and he's done a great job so far. (Don't know how many headaches he has had this season.) I said before the season that they would not run over everyone, but they are winning. If any other coaching staff would have these guys, they would have a 500 season. These kids are better than what you would think, I thought that their emotional play would get the better of them in at least one game but I'm not so sure that this is the case right now. If anything, penalties aside, their emotional play has been an asset.

I also heard the CIA hacked into the headsets for Southern, and that a Rams' player forced a FH player to sell him the gameplan. I can invent a bunch of other excuses for you guys, if you're still looking for some.

Like how a Southern coach used his Russia influences to get the refs to collude against FH. The witch hunt begins!

Btw, I have never heard anyone use the crown in the field as an excuse. Especially since they help teams who run the ball.

Reactions: Redwhite90
Manges is a FH, do you expect him to blame FH? Or do you think only graduates of other schools are biased.
Onering he is definitely biased as are both the other announcers. I will say I heard some of their comments were "these fh kids need to shut their mouth and play football" "they just handed the ball off to the same kid who ran his mouth and got a penalty 2 plays ago" and "this kind of behavior will definitely be looked at by the coaches...they were not happy at all with the way this team was representing fh, their families, the community, all the people that traveled to that game. Coach was definitely thinking he's meeting them again so he was being careful but the comment "i'm going to watch the film before I make any comments"..i was wondering if he had some special microphone that would pick up what his players were saying that caused the dead ball fouls?

I also heard the CIA hacked into the headsets for Southern, and that a Rams' player forced a FH player to sell him the gameplan. I can invent a bunch of other excuses for you guys, if you're still looking for some.

Like how a Southern coach used his Russia influences to get the refs to collude against FH. The witch hunt begins!

Btw, I have never heard anyone use the crown in the field as an excuse. Especially since they help teams who run the ball.
Again, have to agree with you. Both teams played on the same field. Does Southern get to use the level turf as an excuse when they come to Greenway?

Onering he is definitely biased as are both the other announcers. I will say I heard some of their comments were "these fh kids need to shut their mouth and play football" "they just handed the ball off to the same kid who ran his mouth and got a penalty 2 plays ago" and "this kind of behavior will definitely be looked at by the coaches...they were not happy at all with the way this team was representing fh, their families, the community, all the people that traveled to that game. Coach was definitely thinking he's meeting them again so he was being careful but the comment "i'm going to watch the film before I make any comments"..i was wondering if he had some special microphone that would pick up what his players were saying that caused the dead ball fouls?
Should change your handle you seem to not care for forthill

He just cares more about the truth and being honest than being a fanboy.
you see the typical response i get when i don't kiss up and worship everything fh? it is called being unbiased and objective. i don't get the idol/hero worship some of these old men have for high school football or their coach. I love my school, have nothing bad to say about it. When I repeat something an announcer said and I'm told I seem to not like fh that just makes me realize I'm different than the herd, and I'm fine with that. If I make an observation and somebody wants to take it as hate then they might have an issue...who the hell am I for you to give a dam what I think?
Notice I don't bash allegany. It's because I almost never get to their games, don't know anybody affiliated with the program, and only know what I see on the replays. I don't think that gives me much cred to go and talk shit about them. I do notice their announcers are way less biased and much more professional than the fh announcers..i guess that means I hate fh and should change my handle because of that too.

Reactions: camper21502
you see the typical response i get when i don't kiss up and worship everything fh? it is called being unbiased and objective. i don't get the idol/hero worship some of these old men have for high school football or their coach. I love my school, have nothing bad to say about it. When I repeat something an announcer said and I'm told I seem to not like fh that just makes me realize I'm different than the herd, and I'm fine with that. If I make an observation and somebody wants to take it as hate then they might have an issue...who the hell am I for you to give a dam what I think?
Notice I don't bash allegany. It's because I almost never get to their games, don't know anybody affiliated with the program, and only know what I see on the replays. I don't think that gives me much cred to go and talk shit about them. I do notice their announcers are way less biased and much more professional than the fh announcers..i guess that means I hate fh and should change my handle because of that too.
And one of the few likes posts in this thread is some saying 'Go Big Red'. It doesn't matter how well-thought out your point is, if it's not praising FH, they consider it a bias.
Just like they do with the refs. If they arent calling the game in FH's favor, they are biased.

Reactions: BoyznBlue

Truth

Way too advanced for you. It would be like explaining quantum mechanics to a preschooler.
Keep the anger up, though. It's a good look.
aint angry at ya ringless just amazed how critical you and never red and white are of this team

aint angry at ya ringless just amazed how critical you and never red and white are of this team
You mean angry Red Rocket? Angry enough to create an account to run to the defense of a high school football team.

Also, please point out any post I've made that is critical of this team, without being critical of other teams as well.

Also, can you point to the positive posts you've made about this team? Yeah, didnt think you could.

You mean angry Red Rocket? Angry enough to create an account to run to the defense of a high school football team.

Also, please point out any post I've made that is critical of this team, without being critical of other teams as well.

Also, can you point to the positive posts you've made about this team? Yeah, didnt think you could.

Don't get into the ref stuff, nor the field conditions, that stuff gets old real quick. Field and refs were the same for both teams. One ref was SHS grad and two refs were Ft Hill grads, Big freaking deal I thought it was a great game with players from both sides playing hard!My compliments to the players! As far as a possible rematch goes, who knows if or when it would take place. I know these senior classes at SHS and FT Hill have always been very competitive towards each other. I should know because my son is a senior at SHS.Some of theseyoung men respect each other and are friends. They text, follow each other on twitter and genuinely like each other. Maybe a some of us could learn a lesson from them.

The Southern folks were great to me Friday. I really appreciated their hospitality. I’ve got to watch Hayden McClaughlin for the past 4 years in 3 sports and he is a class act and one of the most competitive kids I’ve ever seen. I take nothing away from Southern. They played their asses off. I would like to name the many more kids on that squad that are tough competitors and good kids but for purposes of space and time I won’t. It was a tough, competitive game by 2 groups of kids that hate to lose. Tempers flare, things are said in games like that. It’s nothing personal. Never let it get personal.

Cole Switzer (#58) is one of the best linemen in the area.

I also think Southern should utilize more of the shotgun/spread throw it scheme. Hayden is good at reading and throwing and running, it gave FH problems when they went to it late in the game. I don't think Southern is a team that can just pound good defenses with their running backs, but open it up and it led to all kinds of possibilities. Not saying this has to be the base formation, but if it works use it more. When you have an experienced QB like that take advantage of his ability.

Reactions: 4R341
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT