09/20 (H) Hollidaysburg, PA
09/27
10/05
10/11 (H) Southern Garrett
10/18 (H) Silver Oaks
10/25 (H) Green St Academy
11/02 (H) Allegany

Last edited:
As Eagles pointed out a couple of weeks ago, Capitol Christian is no longer in existence. The coaches started something called Royal Academy or something like that. Whether this new program will take CC's place remains to be seen.

As Eagles pointed out a couple of weeks ago, Capitol Christian is no longer in existence. The coaches started something called Royal Academy or something like that. Whether this new program will take CC's place remains to be seen.
---------------------
Royality Institute Academy

The Capital Christian coaching staff is now at Royalty Institute Academy, but is Capital Christian still open

Royalty Institute
2019 Football Schedule
8/23 Mckinley Tech
8/30 Riverdale Baptist
9/7 National Christian Academy
9-14 - Open
9/21 HD Woodson (DC)
9/28 Calvert Hall
10/5 Avalon
10/11 Open
10/19 Friendship Collegiate (DC)
10/26 St. Johns Prep
11/2 Open
11/15 St. Frances (MD)
Post Season Play

Capital Christian as a school is still around. I don't know if they are going to field a football team in 2019. They're not known for being effective communicators so I don't know if you'd even be able to get an answer if you call them. They're also on their third name and at least as many athletic nicknames/color schemes since 2012: Princeton Day Academy to Capitol Christian School to Capital Christian School.

I originally thought they were for sure defunct as Royalty Institute had taken over their game against Saint John's Catholic Prep but CCA picked up another game for that week against KIPP College Prep (DC) so I don't know.

Their football staff and I assume most players have jumped ship to "Royalty Institute" which is an absolute joke of a football program mascaraing as a school. The highlights: 60 kids 9-12, run out of an indoor soccer arena, all online instruction, kids are required to buy their own mobile hotspot since the arena doesn't have wifi, school is totally run by the football coach and his family, you pay them $6,000 plus another $2,800 to the online education service. Royalty Institute will not be sanctioned by the MPSSAA as an approved non-member school.

This is what the Capital Christian schedule looks like so far if they decide to play:
Capital Christian
Week -1 24-Aug KIPP College Prep (DC)
Week 0 30-Aug
Week 1 6-Sep Clear Spring
Week 2 13-Sep
Week 3 20-Sep
Week 4 27-Sep
Week 5 4-Oct at Paul Public Charter (DC)
Week 6 11-Oct
Week 7 18-Oct
Week 8 26-Oct at KIPP College Prep (DC)
Week 9 2-Nov at Maryland Schol for the Deaf

Isn't Paul Charter scheduled on 9/27

I found 3 games possible

9/6 (H) Clear Springs
9/27 (A) Paul Charter, DC
10/5 (A) Fort Hill

It's pretty late in the game to be looking for 2 games. Hopefully they can get a complete schedule.

Isn't Paul Charter scheduled on 9/27

I found 3 games possible

9/6 (H) Clear Springs
9/27 (A) Paul Charter, DC
10/5 (A) Fort Hill

Yes, Paul Charter is on 9/27, my bad.

I'm going to operate on the assumption that Capital Christian will at least try to make a go of it next year. Believe it or not this isn't the first time they've lost their coaching staff in late spring/summer and managed to field a team anyway.

Capitol Christian is a joke of a program and that's a comment to the administration not the kids. I mentioned previously I actually went looking for the school because it was allegedly 10 minutes from where I live. The school occupied the second floor of an office building. It's possible to run a high school basketball team that way but not a football team. Didn't they only bring 13-14 kids to Cumberland last year? I hope they don't end up on FH or Alco's schedule again

Don't live in the past i would like to see the match up

It would be advantageous to schedule the game. The entire DC public league is down right now and Dunbar (DC) hasn't had decent squad in at least 6-7 years. Easy win for FH

So FH has their first 3 games to open the season on the road. They need a Week 4 game. Really need it to be at home otherwise they are on the road the entire month of September. But the field is not available that weekend. Alco plays Friday night and there is a band competition on Saturday. I don't ever recall in my lifetime FH football being told they can't have the field for a home game. Unless something gives, FH will be on the road 4 straight weeks to open the season. I'm OK with it, except when it comes to how money is divided.

So FH has their first 3 games to open the season on the road. They need a Week 4 game. Really need it to be at home otherwise they are on the road the entire month of September. But the field is not available that weekend. Alco plays Friday night and there is a band competition on Saturday. I don't ever recall in my lifetime FH football being told they can't have the field for a home game. Unless something gives, FH will be on the road 4 straight weeks to open the season. I'm OK with it, except when it comes to how money is divided.
That is what happens when you are filling a schedule so late in the game. It is a shame for Fort Hill. Mountain Ridge has a home game that weekend or I would say maybe think about having one of the games at Mountain Ridge.

Didn't they schedule 4 or 5 home games to start the season last yr? Guess that's the price you pay when you make a schedule with majority home games in seasons prior, burn bridges with established regional schools, fill your schedule with non established schools and then wait so long to actively seek to fill your schedule.. I don't know how true but it's been said on this board that FH waits until seasons end before making schedule commitments. That's just insane if true.

Last edited:
Reactions: BoyznBlue
Didn't they schedule 4 or 5 home games to start the season last yr? Guess that's the price you pay when you make a schedule with majority home games in seasons prior, burn bridges with established regional schools, fill your schedule with non established schools and then wait so long to actively seek to fill your schedule.. I don't know how true but it's been said on this board that FH waits until season end before making schedule commitments. That's just insane if true.

Can't really disagree with that. I'm just hoping that down the road here soon that schools lighten up about playing better competition with this new playoff system. That goes for Everybody in the state.

Reactions: bigsavage
what teams exactly are "established regional schools"?

I don't know maybe teams and or conferences they've dropped in the past? Phone calls not returned and or the dragging of feet when a team does call? If I recall correctly and off the top of my head I believe it was either Walkersville or Middletown wanted a game recently and it was reported on here that FH either turned it down or drug their feet. To me that was a missed golden opportunity to cultivate a long lasting series with an "established regional school".

Last edited:
Reactions: redtheperson
Week 4 options for FH are very limited when it comes to MD teams, here's the full list:
- Landon
- Loyola
- Mount Saint Joseph
- Our Lady of Mount Carmel

That's it. I'm missing 90+% of schedules for Baltimore City, PG County, the SMAC and the UCBAC so maybe 1-2 more openings there but not likely.

If FH has to play on the road, Loyola is an awesome place to play. The fans are right on top of the action.
C6FUpQgUYAEtNo0.jpg

Week 4 options for FH are very limited when it comes to MD teams, here's the full list:
- Landon
- Loyola
- Mount Saint Joseph

That's it. I'm missing 90+% of schedules for Baltimore City, PG County, the SMAC and the UCBAC so maybe 1-2 more openings there but not likely.

If FH has to play on the road, Loyola is an awesome place to play. The fans are right on top of the action.
C6FUpQgUYAEtNo0.jpg
I like Loyola last year, they had a nice team. Would love to see them back on the schedule

I think Fort Hill is down to probably less than 10 possible teams realistically. Hopefully they can reach an agreement sooner rather than later.

The only possible team in WV is Montcalm who has opening that week and is looking for a 10th game. They would also be looking for an away game as they already have 5 home games. Not sure if it is a fit for either school however.

Green Street Academy? Wasn't that the name of the original Allegany back in the early 1900's? Maybe Allegany can play a school named Penn Avenue.

There is no way Fort Hill should ever think about playing Montcalm.
Montcalm is 1 of the worse teams in WV Single A plays Hundred and Hannan.
Hundred lost to Hancock

There is no way Fort Hill should ever think about playing Montcalm.
Montcalm is 1 of the worse teams in WV Single A plays Hundred and Hannan.
Hundred lost to Hancock
Wasn't stating that it would be a good matchup for either school... but at this point beggers can't be choosers. I'm sure Montcalm is probably okay with a 9-game schedule. Fort Hill on the other hand is in a tough spot.

- Landon
- Loyola
- Mount Saint Joseph

C6FUpQgUYAEtNo0.jpg
Fh is due to finish a game with them... looked decent the 2 quarters we got a few years ago

Updated list of open MD teams:
Week 4: Landon, Mount Saint Joseph, Mount Carmel
Week 5: Boys' Latin, Landon, Loyola, Bishop McNamara, Mount Carmel

Loyola released their schedule today but they scheduled their 10th regular season game against Baltimore City College on 11/9, which we know is not a permissible date that City can play. I imagine they don't know that yet. Here is what they have so far:

Loyola
Week 0 31-Aug at Gilman
Week 1 6-Sep Georgetown Prep
Week 2 13-Sep Dulaney
Week 3 20-Sep Howard
Week 4 28-Sep Wyoming Seminary (PA)
Week 5 4-Oct
Week 6 11-Oct at John Carroll
Week 7 19-Oct Saint Christopher's (VA)
Week 8 25-Oct at Woodlawn
Week 9 2-Nov Largo
Week 10 9-Nov
Week 11 16-Nov
Turkey Bowl 28-Nov vs. Calvert Hall

Can also confirm now that all UCBAC (Harford/Cecil) and SMAC (Southern MD) teams have completely full schedules so no possibilities for FH to find games there.

Still missing nearly all schedules from PG County and Baltimore City.

Last edited:
St Francis needs a game 9/27... coach magic said he called AD does not want to make that deal... cant say I blame him...

St Francis needs a game 9/27... coach magic said he called AD does not want to make that deal... cant say I blame him...
It would be the best team to ever play at greenway that's without a doubt.. if it would happen.. tho I know Todd apple likes games we have a 50 percent chance of winning.. this game would have no learning experience and no benefits in playing

That's actually Saint Frances' B-Team open on 9/27. Their real team is playing at Saint Joseph Regional in New Jersey on 9/28.

They're fielding two varsity teams this year but I'm not sure their 2nd varsity team would be approved to play MPSSAA schools. Not sure they've had that situation before and I'm guessing FH declined because they didn't want to be stuck like they were a few years back when they scheduled Avalon only to have Avalon not be an approved opponent come August. The 2nd varsity team would be as bad as most small private schools.

IMG Academy in Florida has had two varsity teams for the past couple years and all Florida schools are allowed to schedule both teams but again, not sure how the MPSSAA will handle it.

...so let's play there B team for one year.. what's one loss going to hurt,lol.. against some stiff competition

I still think a Saint Francis B Team would be the best team to ever walk into Greenway Avenue Stadium.... better than Martinsburg decade or so ago

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT