ADVERTISEMENT

Football to restart?

Okay, we get it...you think a certain number of people are expendable. I dont. Thats a fundamental difference between us.

You don't get anything.... in fact, you are not even entitled to your fake sanctimony. What I do get is that young folks are entitled to the same life and freedoms that I had... when, in fact, medicine was not as advanced then as it is now.... but where now self destructive behavior is epidemic.

Don't feed me this bullshit fake concern. You want to be concerned about the kids.... care about their education, character and their young life experiences.... not some overblown, political virus where the kids already know they have nothing fear, which is why they are already getting around the rules.... and where the political hacks already allow thousands to gather and riot on the streets because it's a community 'racial health' issue.

You don't get anything.... in fact, you are not even entitled to your fake sanctimony.

I am, just as you're entitled to your fake identity on here. You're nothing. You dont exist. An old codger with a thesaurus and no clue. Take a back seat, gramps, and let the people who actually contribute to society talk.

Okay, we get it...you think a certain number of people are expendable. I dont. Thats a fundamental difference between us.

People are not expendable whether it's through COVID or any other death causing circumstance. That is the fundamental difference between us. Close to 3 million Americans have died so far in 2020.

Reactions: bigdawgrefwmd
I am, just as you're entitled to your fake identity on here. You're nothing. You dont exist. An old codger with a thesaurus and no clue. Take a back seat, gramps, and let the people who actually contribute to society talk.

I am, just as you're entitled to your fake identity on here....

Okay, I am entitled to my fake identity.... you may have your fake sanctimony.

Moreover, I don't know what you've accomplished in your life. I've listed some of mine. Right now I'm looking up at my bookcase at a singular award from the County Executive for my 10 years of running a highly competitive youth program. I raised two VMI grad successful sons. I retired from a corporation, having spent over 34 years meeting profit and volume.... monthly.... quarterly and yearly.

An old codger with a thesaurus and no clue

Opinions vary.

An Allegany County student athlete is more likely to die from driving or riding in a vehicle to practice than they are of dying or becoming critically ill from this virus. The statistics show this nationwide with the death rates for those under 20. Student-athletes are in fact being punished in numerous states nationwide due to politics and some teachers unions that don’t want to go to work unless their radical political demands are met, that have nothing to do with educating students (I am not saying this about Allegany County, but you should see the garbage coming out northern Virginia and other states).

I am middle-aged with pre-existing conditions and at risk of severe effects of this virus if it comes to me. It may already have come to me and I was not aware an able to fight it off. I was recently sick for about 8 days on end. I have had relatives work 40 hours a week at convenient stores directly with the public, work directly on the unit with patients that died from the virus, been in 4 separate airports and seven states since the virus hit hard in March, have a child that has been directly in contact with those exposed to the virus, including those that were placed in quarantine at Frostburg State.

It’s really ironic, when I take my 4 year old into a store, I must wear a mask but he is not required, while he touches every part of the shopping cart, rolls on the floor, coughs, sneezes, and drools. As soon as we are out of the store his face is next to my without my mask as I carry him. When we are home after leaving a store he is all over me wrestling and breathing directly into my face that I can smell the milk he drinks. I have been over to West Virginia numerous times in shops and very few people where masks, even the shop workers.

I wear the mask most of the time for one simple reason, it helps in curbing the smell of the person in front or back of you at the checkout line or when you cross someone in aisle. I know this to be true because I no longer see others growl or roll their eyes when I fart in the checkout line because they can’t smell me.

Every parent of a student athlete and the student should sign waivers like they do anyway, but specifically for the virus. If you want to play and contract the virus or antibodies you cannot sue and use the ridiculously lax tort laws to extort the public taxpayers. The world needs young people to catch this virus and defend against it by building immunities. As much as I support the President, there is no guarantee that any anti-virus vaccine will work. What the government is doing with the companies is impeccable but it could still take years.

Last edited:
An Allegany County student athlete is more likely to die from driving or riding in a vehicle to practice than they are of dying or becoming critically ill from this virus. The statistics show this nationwide with the death rates for those under 20. Student-athletes are in fact being punished in numerous states nationwide due to politics and some teachers unions that don’t want to go to work unless their radical political demands are met, that have nothing to do with educating students (I am not saying this about Allegany County, but you should see the garbage coming out northern Virginia and other states).

I am middle-aged with pre-existing conditions and at risk of severe effects of this virus if it comes to me. It may already have come to me and I was not aware an able to fight it off. I was recently sick for about 8 days on end. I have had relatives work 40 hours a week at convenient stores directly with the public, work directly on the unit with patients that died from the virus, been in 4 separate airports and seven states since the virus hit hard in March, have a child that has been directly in contact with those exposed to the virus, including those that were placed in quarantine at Frostburg State.

It’s really ironic, when I take my 4 year old into a store, I must wear a mask but he is not required, while he touches every part of the shopping cart, rolls on the floor, coughs, sneezes, and drools. As soon as we are out of the store his face is next to my without my mask as I carry him. When we are home after leaving a store he is all over me wrestling and breathing directly into my face that I can smell the milk he drinks. I have been over to West Virginia numerous times in shops and very few people where masks, even the shop workers.

I wear the mask most of the time for one simple reason, it helps in curbing the smell of the person in front or back of you at the checkout line or when you cross someone in aisle. I know this to be true because I no longer see others growl or roll their eyes when I fart in the checkout line because they can’t smell me.

Every parent of a student athlete and the student should sign waivers like they do anyway, but specifically for the virus. If you want to play and contract the virus or antibodies you cannot sue and use the ridiculously lax tort laws to extort the public taxpayers. The world needs young people to catch this virus and defend against it by building immunities. As much as I support the President, there is no guarantee that any anti-virus vaccine will work. What the government is doing with the companies is impeccable but it could still take years.

Actual data is irrelevant in the face of fear. Grandma or grandpa could die. So children must be locked in the house for a year so grandma and grandpa can have a life.

Actual data is irrelevant in the face of fear. Grandma or grandpa could die. So children must be locked in the house for a year so grandma and grandpa can have a life.

Altruism which is a concept alot of you cannot grasp nor understand...

Reactions: OneRing

"An Allegany County student athlete is more likely to die from driving or riding in a vehicle to practice than they are of dying or becoming critically ill from this virus."

For the life of me please help me understand how you draw an equivalent between car accidents and a highly communicable and deadly virus? Car accidents aren't airborne. You can't catch a car accident and spread it.
If by chance you come up with a half-way logical retort. Remember, the state takes precautionary measures to limit car accidents and try to ensure the safety of the general public. I.e. driver age requirements, written and driving tests, eye exams, medical exams, speed limits, stop lights and road signage, rumble strips etc. Should we follow your logic and do away with these measures because we have a greater chance of dying from an accidental opioid overdose than a car accident?

Altruism which is a concept alot of you cannot grasp nor understand...
That would be your reflection in the mirror. Pure definition of selfishness.

Then again, I care about children more than I do myself. Others don't have to feel that way obviously. To each his own I guess.

"An Allegany County student athlete is more likely to die from driving or riding in a vehicle to practice than they are of dying or becoming critically ill from this virus."

For the life of me please help me understand how you draw an equivalent between car accidents and a highly communicable and deadly virus? Car accidents aren't airborne. You can't catch a car accident and spread it.
If by chance you come up with a half-way logical retort. Remember, the state takes precautionary measures to limit car accidents and try to ensure the safety of the general public. I.e. driver age requirements, written and driving tests, eye exams, medical exams, speed limits, stop lights and road signage, rumble strips etc. Should we follow your logic and do away with these measures because we have a greater chance of dying from an accidental opioid overdose than a car accident?

Car accidents kill other people that have no control over the process much like a virus.

Yes, there are precautions and rules for driving. But you are driving.

Then again, I care about children more than I do myself. Others don't have to feel that way obviously. To each his own I guess.

Right, bc I want to save lives while you sacrifice them for the sake of sport...

Car accidents kill other people that have no control over the process much like a virus.

Yes, there are precautions and rules for driving. But you are driving.

And your point would be? By the very nature of the word accident would imply there are unintended consequences. I don't see how unintended consequences negates the fact that precautions are made in everything we do in life. Its asinine to argue that we shouldn't take precautions to curb a virtually unknown deadly virus on one hand then conform to every other precaution taken to prevent car accidents.. No one would assert that stop lights and age requirements are not needed to drive. Just as absurd as that notion is. Its just as absurd and irresponsible for you to encourage high school kids not to get tested and possibly treated. Just to save your ability to watch a scrimmage, just saying!

Last edited:
just a little fun but TRUTH

Liberal: Go Make That Money and Pay Taxes To Take Care of The People That Don't.
Liberal: College Should Be Free, This Should Be Free, That Should Be Free....

Conservative: Who's Supposed to Pay for That?
Liberal: it's Free
Conservative: Someone has to pay for it, Money doesn't grow on trees
Liberal: Those Rich People Should Pay for EVERYONE

Conservative: We Need a Wall to keep illegals out
Liberal: Illegal Immigrants should be left alone and should be able to come and commit crimes because they haven't committed a crime
Conservative: What don't You understand about the word Illegal?
Liberal: That's Racist

Conservative: I.D. Should be required to Vote just as it is in everything else that is meaningful.
Liberal: That's Racist, some people don't have an I.D. as it cost money and it's not something we can make others pay for.

Liberal: Why did that Policeman shoot that guy? he's racist or he would of left him walk away when The Cop told him not to move The Policeman should of left him alone as he wasn't bothering anyone.
Conservative: He was told not to move, don't reach for anything, yet he didn't follow directions and put the Officer at risk therefore he's dead.... so good riddance

Conservative: a Peaceful Protest is nonviolent action in an event that you are given a permit to have while not blocking the streets while getting your point across to the opposition.
Liberal: a Peaceful Protest is where The Protestors are assaulting people and assaulting the police, busting windows out of stores and taking things because everything should be Free as well as catching buildings on fire because it's not my building and someone else will pay to rebuild it.

Liberal: Woman dies while pregnant, That's Double Murder...
Conservative: They are killing babies by abortion
Liberal: They aren't a person and it's her body her choice.

Conservative: Why in the hell do we have Participation Trophies?
Liberal: Everyone's a Winner and everyone should get a trophy
Conservative: why are they not keeping score on the Scoreboard?
Liberal: That's not fair to the other Team, it could hurt some kid's feelings

Conservative: Look at that Coach ripping that guy a new ass, Great Coach That Demands Excellence
Liberal: That Guy is Crazy and shouldn't be coaching at any level ever again.

Liberal: Covid is so Deadly, Nobody should be allowed to do anything, everyone should stay in their bunker for the next 10 years.
Conservative: The Virus kills Old People and people that have a bad immune system, so why not just protect those people?
Liberal: it's best if we just put people with covid back in the nursing home with the others
Conservative: that's a bad idea, it will kill all of the other people
Liberal: Who cares as long as we can tell people they have to wear a mask
Conservative: We Need to Open The Businesses back up or we will lose everything.
Liberal: Everything should stay closed
Conservative: who will pay our bills?
Liberal: The Government should pay for it, Rent Should Be Canceled and The Rich People Should Pay for it

Conservative: Kids should be in School and be playing sports.
Liberal: Kids should be home doing school online and No Sports should be played as this virus is deadly
Conservative: The Death Rate is like .03% under 50 years old.
Liberal: But it's out there killing people everywhere, what about the kids take it back to their Grandparents
Conservative: Their Grandparents are Dead they were in the nursing homes.
Liberal: They don't count, let's not talk about them.

Liberal: minimum wage should be $15 an hour
Conservative: the business will lose money and raise prices and people will lose their jobs
Liberal: that shouldn't happen Government should stop them from raising prices
Conservative: the reason to open a business is to make money
Liberal: they make too much and shouldn't be allowed to make all that money

Conservative: You know this virus will still be around 10 years from now
Liberal: there will be a vaccine
Conservative: Trump will have the vaccine soon but vaccines usually work 30/40% of the time even the flu vaccine.
Liberal: I don't want Trumps Vaccine
Conservative: I'm not taking any vaccine
Liberal: You will be required to take it and you're nuts for not taking it and if you don't you should go to jail
Conservative: so You're taking Trumps Vaccine?
Liberal: Trump won't be around by then, have you seen CNN's poll for the Election?
Conservative: I don't watch that shit but I have heard other idiots like you tell me about the poll and how ahead Joe is.
Liberal: Trumps Reign of Terror is about over
Conservative: You are sure in for a long long ass kicking that is gonna hurt you ten times harder than 2016 did.
Liberal: We will have a Civil War, We Will Take Your Guns
Conservative: I hope there is a Civil War and Try to come get my guns
Liberals: it will be law, You can't Break The Law and have gun so you will have to fight without them, it's gonna be a gun free Country.
Conservative: how did that work out in places like Baltimore or Chicago?
Liberal: it's The Police's fault that it happens because they are Racist

Conservative: 2+2=4
Liberal: 2+2= C
Conservative: Look at that black cat
Liberal: that's racist

Conservative: I'm going to work, gotta make that money
Liberal: Not Me, I've been unemployed for a while now, nobody will pay me what I deserve
Conservative: What qualifications Do You Have? as I might have something for ya
Liberal: I can show up, maybe flip burgers but I'm not working my ass off for someone else
Conservative: I thought you were worried about others
Liberal: Yeah I am worried about others, they need to go to work and give their money away to people like me

**** IT, LET THE CIVIL WAR BEGIN 2020 RED VS BLUE

just a little fun but TRUTH

Liberal: Go Make That Money and Pay Taxes To Take Care of The People That Don't.
Liberal: College Should Be Free, This Should Be Free, That Should Be Free....

Conservative: Who's Supposed to Pay for That?
Liberal: it's Free
Conservative: Someone has to pay for it, Money doesn't grow on trees
Liberal: Those Rich People Should Pay for EVERYONE

Conservative: We Need a Wall to keep illegals out
Liberal: Illegal Immigrants should be left alone and should be able to come and commit crimes because they haven't committed a crime
Conservative: What don't You understand about the word Illegal?
Liberal: That's Racist

Conservative: I.D. Should be required to Vote just as it is in everything else that is meaningful.
Liberal: That's Racist, some people don't have an I.D. as it cost money and it's not something we can make others pay for.

Liberal: Why did that Policeman shoot that guy? he's racist or he would of left him walk away when The Cop told him not to move The Policeman should of left him alone as he wasn't bothering anyone.
Conservative: He was told not to move, don't reach for anything, yet he didn't follow directions and put the Officer at risk therefore he's dead.... so good riddance

Conservative: a Peaceful Protest is nonviolent action in an event that you are given a permit to have while not blocking the streets while getting your point across to the opposition.
Liberal: a Peaceful Protest is where The Protestors are assaulting people and assaulting the police, busting windows out of stores and taking things because everything should be Free as well as catching buildings on fire because it's not my building and someone else will pay to rebuild it.

Liberal: Woman dies while pregnant, That's Double Murder...
Conservative: They are killing babies by abortion
Liberal: They aren't a person and it's her body her choice.

Conservative: Why in the hell do we have Participation Trophies?
Liberal: Everyone's a Winner and everyone should get a trophy
Conservative: why are they not keeping score on the Scoreboard?
Liberal: That's not fair to the other Team, it could hurt some kid's feelings

Conservative: Look at that Coach ripping that guy a new ass, Great Coach That Demands Excellence
Liberal: That Guy is Crazy and shouldn't be coaching at any level ever again.

Liberal: Covid is so Deadly, Nobody should be allowed to do anything, everyone should stay in their bunker for the next 10 years.
Conservative: The Virus kills Old People and people that have a bad immune system, so why not just protect those people?
Liberal: it's best if we just put people with covid back in the nursing home with the others
Conservative: that's a bad idea, it will kill all of the other people
Liberal: Who cares as long as we can tell people they have to wear a mask
Conservative: We Need to Open The Businesses back up or we will lose everything.
Liberal: Everything should stay closed
Conservative: who will pay our bills?
Liberal: The Government should pay for it, Rent Should Be Canceled and The Rich People Should Pay for it

Conservative: Kids should be in School and be playing sports.
Liberal: Kids should be home doing school online and No Sports should be played as this virus is deadly
Conservative: The Death Rate is like .03% under 50 years old.
Liberal: But it's out there killing people everywhere, what about the kids take it back to their Grandparents
Conservative: Their Grandparents are Dead they were in the nursing homes.
Liberal: They don't count, let's not talk about them.

Liberal: minimum wage should be $15 an hour
Conservative: the business will lose money and raise prices and people will lose their jobs
Liberal: that shouldn't happen Government should stop them from raising prices
Conservative: the reason to open a business is to make money
Liberal: they make too much and shouldn't be allowed to make all that money

Conservative: You know this virus will still be around 10 years from now
Liberal: there will be a vaccine
Conservative: Trump will have the vaccine soon but vaccines usually work 30/40% of the time even the flu vaccine.
Liberal: I don't want Trumps Vaccine
Conservative: I'm not taking any vaccine
Liberal: You will be required to take it and you're nuts for not taking it and if you don't you should go to jail
Conservative: so You're taking Trumps Vaccine?
Liberal: Trump won't be around by then, have you seen CNN's poll for the Election?
Conservative: I don't watch that shit but I have heard other idiots like you tell me about the poll and how ahead Joe is.
Liberal: Trumps Reign of Terror is about over
Conservative: You are sure in for a long long ass kicking that is gonna hurt you ten times harder than 2016 did.
Liberal: We will have a Civil War, We Will Take Your Guns
Conservative: I hope there is a Civil War and Try to come get my guns
Liberals: it will be law, You can't Break The Law and have gun so you will have to fight without them, it's gonna be a gun free Country.
Conservative: how did that work out in places like Baltimore or Chicago?
Liberal: it's The Police's fault that it happens because they are Racist

Conservative: 2+2=4
Liberal: 2+2= C
Conservative: Look at that black cat
Liberal: that's racist

Conservative: I'm going to work, gotta make that money
Liberal: Not Me, I've been unemployed for a while now, nobody will pay me what I deserve
Conservative: What qualifications Do You Have? as I might have something for ya
Liberal: I can show up, maybe flip burgers but I'm not working my ass off for someone else
Conservative: I thought you were worried about others
Liberal: Yeah I am worried about others, they need to go to work and give their money away to people like me

**** IT, LET THE CIVIL WAR BEGIN 2020 RED VS BLUE

"Their Grandparents are Dead they were in the nursing homes."

... Best line in the thread.

• Haha

"... I care about children more than I do myself."

You have proven that many times over.

Almost every single car accident is not really an accident but purposeful neglect for the well-being of others while driving (i.e. talking on a phone, internet surfing, texting, speeding, driving under the influence, driving in unsafe conditions). My kids, and your kids if you have kids, are more likely to die or get critically injured or their way to school in a vehicle than harmed by this virus. It’s just fact. That’s as logical as it can get.

Last edited:
Almost every single car accident is not really an accident but purposeful neglect for the week-being of others while driving (i.e. talking on a phone, internet surfing, texting, speeding, driving under the influence, driving in unsafe conditions). My kids, and your kids if you have kids, are more likely to die or get critically injured or their way to school in a vehicle than by this virus. It’s just fact. That’s as logical as it can get.

So by your logic wouldn't it be "purposeful neglect" NOT to take covid precautions? The state takes precautions to protect its citizenry and limit car accidents or in your words "purposeful neglect." Why shouldn't the state take precautions to protect its citizens from covid? Please answer the question straightforwardly as possible.. Its seems as though you're making my argument for me.

Last edited:
So by your logic wouldn't it be "purposeful neglect" NOT to take covid precautions? The state takes precautions to protect its citizenry and limit car accidents or in your words "purposeful neglect." Why shouldn't the state take precautions to protect its citizens from covid? Please answer the question straightforwardly as possible.. Its seems as though you're making my argument for me.

20 percent of teen/adolescents deaths in the United States are from vehicle crashes. Even with all of the precautions you mention it is still 20% Given the data so far about on the number of this age group who has contracted the disease, the death rate from this disease is almost zero nation-wide. I think the highest death rate for infected adolescents in any one state was 0.24%, with 17 states reporting 0 deaths amongst children and adolescents, according for the American Academy for Pediatrics. In Maryland, 16,390 people age 0-19 have contracted the virus with only 2 deaths, for a deal that rate of .00012203 death rate. Those two death probably had underlying conditions.
The point is, there needs to be no precaution for this age group unless a child has an underlying condition. If you are so concerned about children and this virus, your attention is misplaced when other causes of death of children are way more likely and occur on a daily basis.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lagmeister
20 percent of teen/adolescents deaths in the United States are from vehicle crashes. Even with all of the precautions you mention it is still 20% Given the data so far about on the number of this age group who has contracted the disease, the death rate from this disease is almost zero nation-wide. I think the highest death rate for infected adolescents in any one state was 0.24%, with 17 states reporting 0 deaths amongst children and adolescents, according for the American Academy for Pediatrics. In Maryland, 16,390 people age 0-19 have contracted the virus with only 2 deaths, for a deal that rate of .00012203 death rate. Those two death probably had underlying conditions.
The point is, there needs to be no precaution for this age group unless a child has an underlying condition. If you are so concerned about children and this virus, your attention is misplaced when other causes of death of children are way more likely and occur on a daily basis.

Children and schools

It has been known since March that the risk of disease and transmission in children is minimal in
the case of Covid19.

• The British epidemiologist Professor Mark Woolhouse stated that there is not a single confirmed case of infection of a teacher by a pupil worldwide.
  • Tracing pioneer Iceland found “not a single case where a child under 10 infected their parents.”
  • US CDC director Robert Redfield explained that additional deaths from suicides and drug overdoses by adolescents have been “far greater” than Covid deaths in recent months.

Reactions: LinemenWinGames
Almost every single car accident is not really an accident but purposeful neglect for the well-being of others while driving (i.e. talking on a phone, internet surfing, texting, speeding, driving under the influence, driving in unsafe conditions). My kids, and your kids if you have kids, are more likely to die or get critically injured or their way to school in a vehicle than harmed by this virus. It’s just fact. That’s as logical as it can get.

" but purposeful neglect for the well-being of others"-linemenwingames

"Car accidents kill other people that have no control over the process much like a virus." TDHelmick

So now we're ignoring what both you and Helmick said about car accidents harming others? Precautions are put into place not for one specific segment but for the over health and well being of all. That's the point i think you're missing. Dumping sewage may not harm me but it can affect my neighbor or those living down stream. Hence laws against dumping sewage.. You're painting yourself into a corner!

" but purposeful neglect for the well-being of others"-linemenwingames

"Car accidents kill other people that have no control over the process much like a virus." TDHelmick

So now we're ignoring what both you and Helmick said about car accidents harming others? Precautions are put into place not for one specific segment but for the over health and well being of all. That's the point i think you're missing. Dumping sewage may not harm me but it can affect my neighbor or those living down stream. Hence laws against dumping sewage.. You're painting yourself into a corner!

If you can’t accept facts that show putting precautions in place to protect young people against this virus are statistically meaningless when it comes to risk of seriousness illness and death, that is your choice. But don’t make claims of altruism when you ignore significantly larger risks for young people, even as you say, with precautions put into place to protect them.

Opening up schools to healthy students and healthy young adult teachers who want to be there is not putting them at significant risk by the virus. I would agree, do not put kids or adults w/underlying health issues back into schools or scholastic sports, or even others who do not want to be there, but don’t punish others because of “altruism”, the statistics just don’t support it.

If you can’t accept facts that show putting precautions in place to protect young people against this virus are statistically meaningless when it comes to risk of seriousness illness and death, that is your choice. But don’t make claims of altruism when you ignore significantly larger risks for young people, even as you say, with precautions put into place to protect them.

Opening up schools to healthy students and healthy young adult teachers who want to be there is not putting them at significant risk by the virus. I would agree, do not put kids or adults w/underlying health issues back into schools or scholastic sports, or even others who do not want to be there, but don’t punish others because of “altruism”, the statistics just don’t support it.

If you can’t accept facts that show putting precautions in place to protect NOT just young people against this virus but the health and well being of the entire populace are NOT statistically meaningless that's your choice.

Opening up schools may not put healthy people at great risk but it puts others at great risk. Don't punish others because of selfishness. Life doesn't support it.

Last edited:
If you can’t accept facts that show putting precautions in place to protect NOT just young people against this virus but the health and well being of the entire populace are NOT statistically meaningless that's your choice.

Opening up schools may not put healthy people at great risk but it puts others at great risk. Don't punish others because of selfishness. Life doesn't support it.

We have different philosophies. This virus does not give you or me the right to shut down the nation, harm the education and development of young people. I am one of the high risk people that could likely die from this virus, it still does not give me the right to squash the life-experiences of young people who are not affected by this. It does not give you or me the right to destroy businesses and the livelihoods of people or subject them to higher suicide rates and mental health issues because of lockdowns and restrictions. You in my opinion, are the selfish one.

I will give you a personal example. My 17 year old son caught a respiratory illness that he likely came in contact with at Fort Hill High School. The illness progressed over two months until he had severe pneumonia and we had to pull the plug. His underlying conditions caused his illness to be far worse than normal, but even kids without underlying conditions are more likely to die in the same manner, by the thousands per year than by COVID-19. Pneumonia caused by illnesses such as Strep is the #1 leading cause of child hospitalizations per year in the US. Also, about 50,000 adults die per year in the US from pneumonia, many caused by typical illnesses that they contract from others.

Based on your altruism, I would expect you to campaign now for the closure of schools, sporting events and business, other events for perpetuity to prevent the spreading of disease that cause deaths like my son’s, something far more risky to kids than COVID, as well as killing 50,000 adults.

The bottom line is shit happens, it sucks, but one thing I will never do is sit on an altruistic pedestal in this instance and tell people to stop normal life, when I probably could justify doing so, because that would be selfish.

We have different philosophies. This virus does not give you or me the right to shut down the nation, harm the education and development of young people. I am one of the high risk people that could likely die from this virus, it still does not give me the right to squash the life-experiences of young people who are not affected by this. It does not give you or me the right to destroy businesses and the livelihoods of people or subject them to higher suicide rates and mental health issues because of lockdowns and restrictions. You in my opinion, are the selfish one.

I will give you a personal example. My 17 year old son caught a respiratory illness that he likely came in contact with at Fort Hill High School. The illness progressed over two months until he had severe pneumonia and we had to pull the plug. His underlying conditions caused his illness to be far worse than normal, but even kids without underlying conditions are more likely to die in the same manner, by the thousands per year than by COVID-19. Pneumonia caused by illnesses such as Strep is the #1 leading cause of child hospitalizations per year in the US. Also, about 50,000 adults die per year in the US from pneumonia, many caused by typical illnesses that they contract from others.

Based on your altruism, I would expect you to campaign now for the closure of schools, sporting events and business, other events for perpetuity to prevent the spreading of disease that cause deaths like my son’s, something far more risky to kids than COVID, as well as killing 50,000 adults.

The bottom line is shit happens, it sucks, but one thing I will never do is sit on an altruistic pedestal in this instance and tell people to stop normal life, when I probably could justify doing so, because that would be selfish.
"We have different philosophies."

That's one thing we can agree upon. To you life is expendable. To me it's the most valuable thing we have. The virus absolutely gives us the right to take measures to protect against it. You may want to brush up on in particular the Statet's power to promote the public health, morals, safety, and the general well-being of the community.

What you're proposing is what you would call "purposeful neglect" it amounts to putting lives at risk by creating an environment that facilitates the spread. You might as well do away with laws against drunk driving for adults because they are legally of age and we don't wont to impose on their right to drive drunk. That's what you're proposing. You may want to take a shit in your neighbors yard but the State won't allow it. Thank God we have medical experts and not a few western marylanders with tin hats and YouTube degrees...

Last edited:
Reactions: FHHSAHS
"We have different philosophies."

That's one thing we can agree upon. To you life is expendable. To me it's the most valuable thing we have. The virus absolutely gives us the right to take measures to protect against it. You may want to brush up on in particular the Statet's power to promote the public health, morals, safety, and the general well-being of the community.

What you're proposing is what you would call "purposeful neglect" it amounts to putting lives at risk by creating an environment that facilitates the spread. You might as well do away with laws against drunk driving for adults because they are legally of age and we don't wont to impose on their right to drive drunk. That's what you're proposing. You may want to take a shit in your neighbors yard but the State won't allow it. Thank God we have medical experts and not a few western marylanders with tin hats and YouTube degrees...

I am simply calling out your selective altruism, more really your lack of altruism or fake claim to it. This virus is not killing kids or healthy adults for that matter as you want others to believe. There are far more lethal contagious diseases killing kids daily than this virus. I am in agreement to take precautions to protect the vulnerable, but that does not give the vulnerable the right to harm others economically, mentally and educationally, which is just has harmful than the virus itself. There are experts that prove this as well. It seems that there are some in our nation that are expendaple to you, those that have committed suicide, those that have lost everything financially, and those kids that are subject to more instances of rape in the home without any reprieve because of closures. Thank God there are many in this nation standing up against this nonsense.

Last edited:
I am simply calling out your selective altruism, more really your lack of altruism or fake claim to it. This virus is not killing kids or healthy adults for that matter as you want others to believe. There are far more lethal contagious diseases killing kids daily than this virus. I am in agreement to take precautions to protect the vulnerable, but that does not give the vulnerable the right to harm others economically, mentally and educationally, which is just has harmful than the virus itself. There are experts that prove this as well. It seems that there are some in our nation that are expendaple to you. , those that have committed suicide, those that have lost everything financially, and those kids that are subject to more instances of rape in the home without any reprieve because of closures. Thank God there are many in this nation standing up against this nonsense.

I am simply calling out your selective pro-life, more really your lack of pro-life or fake claim to it. This virus may not be killing kids or healthy adults but it is damn sure killing someone. Furthermore shitting in someone else's water supply may not kill you, but it could kill OTHERS! Hence laws and precautions to protect water supplies. There are a myriad of laws that protect against actions that harm others. Even if those actions don't harm the person committing them. This is a basic fundamental concept that you seem to be stuck on. Another fundamental concept you seem to be stuck on is that LIFE is a basic fundamental right. Education is a privilege, having a job is a privilege, playing HS sports is a privilege. These things are not on the same level as one's fundamental right to LIVE. No one owes you a job, if so tell your boss that when he fires you. No one owes you an education, if so tell UMD to let you go to college for free and with poor grades. No one owes you HS sports, if so tell the coach you deserve to be on the team when you get cut. Stop drawing a false equivalencies between a fundamental right to life and what amounts to privileges. Your kids privilege to play sports does not "Trump" my right to live.

Last edited:
I am simply calling out your selective pro-life, more really your lack of pro-life or fake claim to it. This virus may not be killing kids or healthy adults but it is damn sure killing someone. Furthermore shitting in someone else's water supply may not kill you, but it could kill OTHERS! Hence laws and precautions to protect water supplies. This is a basic fundamental concept that you seem to be stuck on.

So do you advocate for the closing of schools for perpetutiy, shuttering of businesses for perpetuity, to protect people from each other, especially kids, because that is what this debate is focused on.

The answer is yes, you do based on the argument you present. Kids will die at a higher rate when schools reopen from the common killers that have always been around, far more than from COVID. You seem to want to have it both ways: save them from COVID but kill them with other diseases.

If COVID is so risky then we can never have school, sports again, because it is not going away. And if COVID is so risky then everything else is riskier. Shut it down, dont leave your homes, etc., because then it will magically go away, right?

So do you advocate for the closing of schools for perpetutiy, shuttering of businesses for perpetuity, to protect people from each other, especially kids, because that is what this debate is focused on.

The answer is yes, you do based on the argument you present. Kids will die at a higher rate when schools reopen from the common killers that have always been around, far more than from COVID. You seem to want to have it both ways: save them from COVID but kill them with other diseases.

If COVID is so risky then we can never have school, sports again, because it is not going away. And if COVID is so risky then everything else is riskier. Shut it down, dont leave your homes, etc., because then it will magically go away, right?

I'm for letting those in charge do their job. If the health department says its not safe to practice HS football for the general health and well being of the entire public, then I believe we should listen to them. If the state says its not safe to open schools or conduct business in a normal capacity for the general health and well being of the entire public then you should listen to them. There are people way above your pay grade and intellect put in charge to make these decisions. If you feel you can do as you want then, dismantle the gov't, oh wait, that sounds like anarchy. What I find ironic is that these same people advocating for the flirting of laws are the same one's that say someone should have complied when a person gets shot by the police. What happen to "Law and order"?

"You seem to want to have it both ways: save them from COVID but kill them with other diseases."

The topic disease is COVID we have a prescribed treatment for it. Have you ever taken medicine to cure an ailment and read the side effects on the warning label? Yet and still you take the medicine to treat the disease that poses the eminent risk. Furthermore, these other disease you bring up can be argued the other way. You mention mental health. Just think of the kids that were getting bullied and how their mental health has improved. You do remember all the suicide prevention campaigns in regard to being bullied at school don't you?

“We in the World Health Organization do not advocate lockdowns as the primary means of control of this virus,” Nabarro said in an interview October 8, 2020.....
“This is a terrible, ghastly global catastrophe, actually,” he said. “And so we really do appeal to all world leaders: Stop using lockdown as your primary control method, develop better systems for doing it, work together and learn from each other, but remember –
lockdowns just have one consequence that you must never ever belittle, and that is making poor people an awful lot poorer.”

I'm for letting those in charge do their job. If the health department says its not safe to practice HS football for the general health and well being of the entire public, then I believe we should listen to them. If the state says its not safe to open schools or conduct business in a normal capacity for the general health and well being of the entire public then you should listen to them. There are people way above your pay grade and intellect put in charge to make these decisions. If you feel you can do as you want then, dismantle the gov't, oh wait, that sounds like anarchy. What I find ironic is that these same people advocating for the flirting of laws are the same one's that say someone should have complied when a person gets shot by the police. What happen to "Law and order"?

You put out a lot of innuendo here. Where did I say anything about not following law and order? In our nation we are free to express disagreement with the governmnet as outsiders to a particular decision. The gov't is not always correct or benevolent, and sometimes experts are full of shit.

I work in a government agency and I see a lot of people above my pay grade or have influence that are full of it.

The government in NY at Gov. Cuomo's mandate hoarded COVID patients into nursing homes with other non-infected ederly despite there being plenty of available hospital space equipped to handle the crisis, as a result killing thousands. But, under your argument, its cool, because it was gov't making the call. Those people must be expendable to you because law and order put them to their death without anyway for them to fight against it, except a few employees who were fired for speaking out against government experts that made that decision.

As I said, I am glad people are filing suits against these ridiculous, often politically motivated governemntal protocols, such as it is okay to burn down cities, shoot shop owners and hurt people in violent protests during COVID, but you go to jail if you hold a church service in the same state.

The protocols are doing more harm than good, and is not doing anything to protect kids as I stated in numerous responses above. We should not, and I do not have a right as an at-risk person to interfere with the rights of others to work, go to school, associate or build antibodies as a defense that will help the entire human race, because I could die. I will take precautions as needed to protect myself and if I feel uncomfortable about something I will avoid it. The government can advise me but does not need to tell me how to dictate my risk or anyone else’s, and I am at risk of severe consequences.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lagmeister
You put out a lot of innuendo here. Where did I say anything about not following law and order? In our nation we are free to express disagreement with the governmnet as outsiders to a particular decision. The gov't is not always correct or benevolent, and sometimes experts are full of shit.

I work in a government agency and I see a lot of people above my pay grade or have influence that are full of it.

The government in NY at Gov. Cuomo's mandate hoarded COVID patients into nursing homes with other non-infected ederly despite there being plenty of available hospital space equipped to handle the crisis, as a result killing thousands. But, under your argument, its cool, because it was gov't making the call. Those people must be expendable to you because law and order put them to their death without anyway for them to fight against it, except a few employees who were fired for speaking out against government experts that made that decision.

As I said, I am glad people are filing suits against these ridiculous, often politically motivated governemntal protocols, such as it is okay to burn down cities, shoot shop owners and hurt people in violent protests during COVID, but you go to jail if you hold a church service in the same state.

The protocols are doing more harm than good, and is not doing anything to protect kids as I stated in numerous responses above. We should not, and I do not have a right as an at-risk person to interfere with the rights of others to work, go to school, associate or build antibodies as a defense that will help the entire human race, because I could die. I will take precautions as needed to protect myself and if I feel uncomfortable about something I will avoid it. The government can advise me but does not need to tell me how to dictate my risk or anyone else’s, and I am at risk of severe consequences.

We're not getting anywhere. So we can agree to disagree..

“We in the World Health Organization do not advocate lockdowns as the primary means of control of this virus,” Nabarro said in an interview October 8, 2020.....
“This is a terrible, ghastly global catastrophe, actually,” he said. “And so we really do appeal to all world leaders: Stop using lockdown as your primary control method, develop better systems for doing it, work together and learn from each other, but remember –
lockdowns just have one consequence that you must never ever belittle, and that is making poor people an awful lot poorer.”
"Dont use lockdowns. We know they are the best way to handle it, and haven't come up with anything else to suggest (even though thats our job), but yeah... lockdowns are bad."

It seems that there are some in our nation that are expendaple to you, those that have committed suicide, those that have lost everything financially, and those kids that are subject to more instances of rape in the home without any reprieve because of closures. Thank God there are many in this nation standing up against this nonsense.
We have the highest teen suicide rate in the world and no one says a thing. It goes up two percentage points and now it's the worst thing to ever happen. Imagine all the kids not being bullied at school (Lags has to empathize with that), or all the children being spared of being raped by a teacher or priest. No more school shootings.

Are you really blaming the government for people choosing to rape their kids? What happened to personal responsibility? Now you, Lags and Ref are crying that it's the government's fault.

Instead of actually doing something about the act, just put 10,000s of people at risk.

Reactions: bigsavage

So you, nor any of your children ever missed school or work because you were sick, right? Because you just said you can't do it because you'd be denying someone their right to build antibodies.

I always thought Ref was easily the least educated person on this forum, but saying that a person has a right to build anti-bodies has challenged anything he's ever said. Are you saying that you feel you have a responsibility to spread viruses to help build immunity through antibodies?

If you think building antibodies for a virus works so well, you might want to research things like influenza, AIDS, Herpes and the common cold. I'm assuming you've exposed your family to all of them in an effort to help the human race, right?

• Haha
We have the highest teen suicide rate in the world and no one says a thing. It goes up two percentage points and now it's the worst thing to ever happen. Imagine all the kids not being bullied at school (Lags has to empathize with that), or all the children being spared of being raped by a teacher or priest. No more school shootings.

Are you really blaming the government for people choosing to rape their kids? What happened to personal responsibility? Now you, Lags and Ref are crying that it's the government's fault.

Instead of actually doing something about the act, just put 10,000s of people at risk.

They want to live in a fantasy world and revise recent history into making us believe that school is some sort of utopian fantasy for all. They want to argue hypotheticals on one side and ignore the facts and reality of teachers sexually abusing students, students preying on other students, kids being bullied, school suicide prevention campaigns against being bullied at school, school shootings, school indoctrination. For heavens sakes lets not ignore the fact that every year during flu season schools become a petri dish for bacteria and germs. If schools are so great why the need for school resource officers? In their zeal to argue a point they become so irrationally blinded by one side that, as witnessed above, their argument becomes so unbalanced it easily tips over.

Last edited:
Reactions: OneRing and FHHSAHS
If the Health Dept closed a restaurant or said it was unsafe to eat there, you'd follow their guidelines. If the same state or department said your water was unsafe to drink, you would listen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT