ADVERTISEMENT

Flickering LED Lights

TDHelmick

Hall of Fame Poster
May 29, 2001
Last week against Hollidaysburg there were quite a few discussions about the new LED lights at Greenway and the fact the head official asked that the flickering of those lights after a Fort Hill score not happen. This was true.

This week the WestMAC verified after discussions with the local officials association that the flickering LED lights are not in the jurisdiction of the officials. The clarification is that the flickering lights used for celebration will be permitted to be used (just not during play). The officials from last week claim that the request to not use the flickering lights were asked as a favor once the tensions on the field became difficult come third quarter. There were no flickering lights in the first half because FH did not have anyone in the announcers booth. That is where the lights are triggered.

So we are back to having flickering lights after a Fort Hill or Allegany score 👍

Interesting. All this new stuff. I sound so old. LOL.

Do the LEDs change from Red To Blue depending on who is playing?

Reactions: ravemwp
I didn't think they were triggered in the announcers booth, I've announced several middle school games this year and I saw nothing new in there. Unless there's something hidden. Also, there was an announcer for the first half of the Hollidaysburg game.

I'm confused on where that trigger is in there.

Last edited:
There is a touch screen located on the far side of the table in the booth…very user friendly.

Thank you! I was thinking that was just a TV monitor. Makes sense now. If I ever get to announce a night game for CAYFL...look out. 😀

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT