ADVERTISEMENT

FH has three offensive plays

This is typical of the "modern day" person in what we call the "land of the fan." I'm not a Fort Hill fan nor did I attend FH but they are doing something special. Most schools would die to have one state championship let alone 4 on the verge of 5.

But you still have people who question the coaches and play-calling. I've seen programs who have 15 different formations with 10 plays out of each formation who cannot execute one play out of any of them. If you execute well they can know it's coming and still not stop it. Better to do a few things great then a lot of everything and do nothing well..

If you think FH's offense is boring, predictable and terrible you need to check out Bridgeport's. Double tight, full house power run game. Maybe 20 passes a season. Everyone knows it's coming and they are the most predicatable team you have ever scouted but you can't stop it.

I lost count but it's won them many WV AAA and now double A championships. I wish FH the best and what they do has earned my respect. They are a great model of how to run a small school football program.
Nothing you have said is wrong, but those of us who are fans, and have been for longer than a lot of people on this board have been alive, know football. We understand fh is a running team. However, when you witness some of the ineptitude at just getting a first down at critical times, and almost blowing games you had in complete control, it's frustrating.
When you know your qb is capable of completing a pass here and there, and yet stubbornly you don't let him, it's confusing.
When you get a five yard penalty on first down so it's first and fifteen, and you run up the middle for no yards, it puts you in a bad situation. When you run on second and long and get 1 or 2 yards, are you setting yourself up to succeed on third down or are you making the third down almost impossible for a running team.
I think those of us who think if you aren't a passing team that you should pass when you don't have to, not wait until you have to and have little chance of succeeding.
Let me sum it up like this and it will be my last word on this topic - if you have a lead, and there are a couple minutes left in the game, what are you gonna do. If there are 11 men on the line and you are fh, you run the ball three straight plays, get stopped, and then have to defend for your life two point conversions at the end of a game. I would like to see them shock the world and come out on first down and throw a screen pass, a bubble screen, a 5 or 6 yard slant, play action, halfback optin - ANYTHING but a run.

"Screen Pass?" wasn't that a certain kinda play back when there was the "concrete bleacher" side? ...........just asking....... they used to have a thing also called the "I" formation.... I know, I know, leather helmets.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT