ADVERTISEMENT

FH alumni

cumbfanatic

Franchise Poster
Sep 13, 2009
Does anyone remember or know about Kevin Page playing at FH. I saw he is still playing professional football

Reno Express professional indoor football. If you goto their home page gorenoexpress.com there is a picture of a player wearing #1 that’s him. I’m not sure why he isn’t showing up on the roster. He is one of the fastest players to ever play arena football

Last edited:
I heard Kevin Page’s little brother just transferred to Fort Hill from Ohio to play football. Evidently he has the same speed as his big brother

Any details on size and position or how he did at previous school? Didn’t think Kevin had any younger Brothers.

Yes, they will have speed. He grew up in a rough part of Columbus, played running back don’t know how much good coaching he has had compared to raw talent. FH and this area should hopefully give him much better opportunities in life.

Yes, they will have speed. He grew up in a rough part of Columbus, played running back don’t know how much good coaching he has had compared to raw talent. FH and this area should hopefully give him much better opportunities in life.

This area having better opportunities than Columbus OH? Apparently you haven't been to Columbus or outside this area...

There are areas of Columbus as well as parts of other major cities where there is zero opportunity obviously you never been in those areas. People don’t make it out and the only means of survival is usually crime. Next time you are in Pittsburgh goto an area called Homewood, just for one example and then report back. Next time in Baltimore check out the area around North Monroe St. and see all the “opportunity” most of the ppl living in these areas never saw any other parts of their cites

Last edited:
There are areas of Columbus as well as parts of other major cities where there is zero opportunity obviously you never been in those areas. People don’t make it out and the only means of survival is usually crime. Next time you are in Pittsburgh goto an area called Homewood, just for one example and then report back. Next time in Baltimore check out the area around North Monroe St. and see all the “opportunity” most of the ppl living in these areas never saw any other parts of their cites

Very true, as much as people in the area have negative things to say about Cumberland, it's still a very safe environment. Academically both public high schools are good. There are a lot of people with families who would love to live here.

You incorporating other cities into your argument just lets me know you've never been to Columbus...

BigSavage this is a sports group, I will make one more statement. I don’t know your background where you are from or anything. The reason I used Baltimore and Pittsburgh is because they are close. They are both very nice cities with lots of opportunities. Using Baltimore they have probably around 300 murders a year, you would never know if because the areas they happen same as Pittsburgh lovely city lots of opportunities unless you are in certain parts. Columbus the same probably around 170 murders a year all murders happening in the same parts. Yes, Columbus is a beautiful place with lots of opportunities, great schools, great stadiums. Then there are areas with the murders, where everyone knows more than one person shot, where you are happy you made it to your 17 bday because some don’t. Where the football stadium is a field with a broken down fence and no seating. Where about 1 in 15 ppl will be a victim of crime. When you say how good opportunities are goto these parts. Cumberland when was the last murder? There is probably less than 1 murder per year, where the chance of being victim of a crime? What’s the chance of seeing 17 years old? I will tell you everyone in Cumberland expects to see 17 years old everyone in Cumberland expects to have a job or career, family, etc. That is opportunity that is a chance in life. In these parts of the cities there is no chance in life, there is no chance of a career, there is no reason to have dreams and goals cause no one can see them happening ever. Most of them never saw a shire person coming up, except on TV. That’s facts. You want to say there’s more opportunities there than Cumberland, MD. In Cumberland MD living, graduating, working, having a career and family are expectations that’s way more opportunities than trying to reach 17 years old

Ok i thought we were discussing opportunities. I didn't know it was a murder rate competition. Cumberland is or was the poorest city in Maryland. That's not because there is opportunity but lack thereof. There's been a steady population decline for half a century not because of opportunity but lack thereof. People leave this area everyday for places like Columbus not because of opportunities but lack thereof. If this is too hard to understand your problems are bigger than a message board fix..

Last edited:
Reactions: OneRing
Ok i thought we were discussing opportunities. I didn't know it was a murder rate competition. Cumberland is or was the poorest city in Maryland. That's not because there is opportunity but lack thereof. There's been a steady population decline for half a century not because of opportunity but lack thereof. People leave this area everyday for places like Columbus not because of opportunities but lack thereof. If this is too hard to understand your problems are bigger than a message board fix..

I think you guys are debating something that is impossible to debate unless you have in depth knowledge about his living situation in Ohio. Fanatics exact comment was "this area should hopefully give him much better opportunities in life" which could be true. But by using the word "should" he admits that he doesn't know for sure. As you made reference to, living in Cumberland has positives and negatives, and the economic situation is a negative. But no matter where you live in the state, or the country for that measure, there will be positives and negatives. Downstate people are constantly complaining about lengthy commutes getting to work, affordable housing, crime, drugs, etc. Yes, in Cumberland you can't leave your doors unlocked like you could 30 years ago, but it's still a very safe community. In DC and Baltimore inner city youth are exposed to violence at an alarming rate. Go to Google and put in "Columbus shooting". Last night a teenager was shot and killed. The night before last in an unrelated incident, a teenager shot and killed somebody else.

I think you guys are debating something that is impossible to debate unless you have in depth knowledge about his living situation in Ohio. Fanatics exact comment was "this area should hopefully give him much better opportunities in life" which could be true. But by using the word "should" he admits that he doesn't know for sure. As you made reference to, living in Cumberland has positives and negatives, and the economic situation is a negative. But no matter where you live in the state, or the country for that measure, there will be positives and negatives. Downstate people are constantly complaining about lengthy commutes getting to work, affordable housing, crime, drugs, etc. Yes, in Cumberland you can't leave your doors unlocked like you could 30 years ago, but it's still a very safe community. In DC and Baltimore inner city youth are exposed to violence at an alarming rate. Go to Google and put in "Columbus shooting". Last night a teenager was shot and killed. The night before last in an unrelated incident, a teenager shot and killed somebody else.

The socio-economic opportunities are greater in areas in and around places like Columbus than they are Cumberland. This isn't even up for debate. With the closing of the Luke Mill it should be even less of a debate. Jobs are not coming to this area they're leaving. The Mill was one of the last well paying jobs to leave. Problems are only going to exacerbate. When you say opportunity I look at Martinsburg, Hagerstown, Frederick and Columbus. On top of Proctor Gamble I heard on radio Martinsburg is getting a Clorox plant. With jobs comes hope and opportunity. I believe you two are confusing Crime rate and opportunity.. You can have crime and still have opportunities and you can have low crime and yet still no opportunity. Crime rate may be a factor but not the only factor. Although according to areavibes.com you have a greater chance of falling victim to a crime in Cumberland than you do in Columbus. Don't shoot the messenger! pun intended...

The socio-economic opportunities are greater in areas in and around places like Columbus than they are Cumberland. This isn't even up for debate. With the closing of the Luke Mill it should be even less of a debate. Jobs are not coming to this area they're leaving. The Mill was one of the last well paying jobs to leave. Problems are only going to exacerbate. When you say opportunity I look at Martinsburg, Hagerstown, Frederick and Columbus. On top of Proctor Gamble I heard on radio Martinsburg is getting a Clorox plant. With jobs comes hope and opportunity. I believe you two are confusing Crime rate and opportunity.. You can have crime and still have opportunities and you can have low crime and yet still no opportunity. Crime rate may be a factor but not the only factor. Although according to areavibes.com you have a greater chance of falling victim to a crime in Cumberland than you do in Columbus. Don't shoot the messenger! pun intended...

Even if you take crime out of the equation, we still cannot have an informed debate because we still don't have enough intel. We don't know where he lived or his family situation. For example, in Baltimore (or Columbus) you may have opportunities but if you live in certain parts of the city the schools you attend may not academically prepare you to take advantage of those opportunities. That's why I noted that Allegany County does have good public schools. If you live in certain parts of the city it can be problematic logistically taking advantage of those opportunities. For example, in DC there was an issue for some people to get to work because public transportation doesn't go to certain parts of the city after certain times at night. So if you worked the afternoon or late shift you couldn't get to work.

Even if you take crime out of the equation, we still cannot have an informed debate because we still don't have enough intel. We don't know where he lived or his family situation. For example, in Baltimore (or Columbus) you may have opportunities but if you live in certain parts of the city the schools you attend may not academically prepare you to take advantage of those opportunities. That's why I noted that Allegany County does have good public schools. If you live in certain parts of the city it can be problematic logistically taking advantage of those opportunities. For example, in DC there was an issue for some people to get to work because public transportation doesn't go to certain parts of the city after certain times at night. So if you worked the afternoon or late shift you couldn't get to work.

We can debate this topic endlessly... On the flip side i can say some kids that live on the far reaches of the county have to ride the bus 1 hr each way to school. Every area has it problems and obstacles. The simple fact is areas like Columbus have far more opportunity than Cumberland especially for minorities. To say otherwise defies all logical and empirical evidence. If someone has the wherewithal to make a move you don't have to travel 5 hrs to a socio-economically depressed area when all you have to do is travel 10 minutes around the corner to the heartbeat of America... I know Columbus, i traveled through it for 3 yrs, twice a week. I know Baltimore, I lived there. I'm familiar with DC area. Lived in College park for 4 yrs. Every means and tool to succeed are in those areas especially for minorities. What it boils down to for the most part is the individual and their family structure and whether or not they have the ambition to break the cycle. If your existence, mentality, and horizon is a continuation of negative behavior the outcome is going be the same whether you hail from Jane Frazier or "Homewood".

Based on what I have read in this discussion...every child and parent has a different idea on what better opportunity is and where it may exist. Every case is different. In today's world it's very common to see a kid transfer to another school that is only 5 minutes up the road because they think there is better opportunity there for whatever reason. Jumping around from school to school or city to city happens all the time whether it is based on athletics, education, support, job, family issues, running around with a different crowd, etc., etc. I personally don't like it when it has to do with athletics under the "disgruntled parent" syndrome, where the family might not like the coach or might not like the fact they didn't get the ball enough or play a certain position. But that is the world we live in. Every person has their own set of reason or reasons.

I see the "disgruntled parent" syndrome at pee wee football games out the ying-yang in every city. It's absolutely crazy what parents have become.

Parents are an issue, however, the bigger issue in this town is parents that coach their own kids. Some are biased and have agendas, some don’t and do the right thing. If the shoe fits kind of thing there for any parents that may read this and take exception. If you coach your kid and you pad stats in a blowout for your little honey shame on you. If you are an objective person I applaud you. Only you know. Inside your head you know. Parents do need to take a step back at times but seeing some of the Bullshit I seen along the way, I can see why some parents go off. 3 things to finish, 1) treat your kid like everyone else if you coach 2) your days are over don’t lay that crap on your kids, you had your time let him/her have theirs and 3) if you’re doing things right the parents will support you, if you’re not you'll stick out like a turd in a flowerbed....

Reactions: RedPride97
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT