ADVERTISEMENT

Deshaun Brown

He played middle school for the Braddock Warriors, was dominant on that team in the league, he did most everything. The team wasn’t very good. He played FH basketball the last few years, not football. He has been getting reps at QB during the 7 on 7 play. He has football speed and moves with a good arm

Deshaun seemed to do alright for his first varsity action. Looked like he made a few good reads on passes

Reactions: ravemwp
He's dynamic and gives this offense a much needed wrinkle that will make us difficult to game plan.

Excellent speed, long arm, good reads.

Reactions: ravemwp
Where was Tristan Ross?
Word is he either pulled or tore his hammy. Going for MRI next week. Such a shame, the kid busted his butt all summer, to get bigger, faster, and stronger. Hopefully he doesn't have to miss too much time. His speed adds so much to the return game, and catches the ball very well out of the backfield. I believe he was going to be a big part of what FH wants to offensively this year. It's good to have deep depth.

Reactions: Waggle Pass
FH having a qb that can be a weapon as a runner is huge. I've always thought with their run first game they should utilize that position as a third or fourth running back and the two or three times a game they pass just make them short/safe passes. This adds a dimension that can only make preparing for them a little more difficult. I noticed very early on there were a couple guys watching the play instead of pursuing or participating. The very next series they were out and their replacements were in. With all the young talent on this team it seems like if you aren't interested in going at on every play somebody else will be coming in for you. A huge plus - the lack of penalties! How many seasons have we watched them just shoot themselves in the foot with getting the plays in, encroachment, false starts, the unnecessary 15 yarders. It's only 1 game but I think you have to be impressed with what looked like a lot more discipline than you'd expect in the first game.

To my eyes Fort Hill looked much better at all positions than they did last year at this time. Especially at quarterback and fullback. Last years line play was horrible at the beginning of the season. A lot of credit has to go to the coaches for straightening that out. If this team keeps improving they are going to be really good.

Reactions: Dwj21
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT