ADVERTISEMENT

Contact

novaunicorn

All State Poster
Aug 19, 2005
It's been mentioned on here that a certain FH running back runs away from contact regularly. That same person has just been called out on the radio for not even attempting to throw a block during a return, and then running out of bounds on two consecutive plays. Does anybody think this is some strategy by the staff to protect an injury or is it just a continued pattern of his own.

Reactions: 3rd and goals
It's been mentioned on here that a certain FH running back runs away from contact regularly. That same person has just been called out on the radio for not even attempting to throw a block during a return, and then running out of bounds on two consecutive plays. Does anybody think this is some strategy by the staff to protect an injury or is it just a continued pattern of his own.
I've never minded running out of bounds to avoid needless contact. Now that doesn't mean running out a yard short on 3rd and nine, but I think looking for contact as a runner (especially a speedy/shifty back) isn't always the smartest.
The part about not attempting the block is bush, though, and I can't see a coaching staff at FH being good with that. To tell the guy to not go all out on a backside block down the field because of an injury... maybe. To tell him not to get in there when he's leading on a belly, or supposed to seal an end on a sweep... can't see it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT