ADVERTISEMENT

Class 1A Playoff Bracket Projection - how it all works

TDHelmick

Hall of Fame Poster
May 29, 2001
I have been getting a good many questions about the new playoff format. I thought it would be easier to just create a visual using brackets. Most everyone is familiar with basketball brackets, so here it is for the MPSSAA Class 1A Football Playoffs. Hope this helps.

I used CalPreps to determine the winner of each game. Upsets will change this structure. But at least you can see how it works.

LINK: http://forthillfootball.net/schedules/2019/playoff_brackets.htm

Same, Thanks Todd. But gotta go against CalPeps on the the Catoctin/Gwynn Park Game.Gwynn is the real deal this year. Played a tough schedule. Dont be surprised to see them in Annapolis

No doubt. If I thought CalPreps was all that I would be living in Vegas with their computer formula running 24/7. LOL.

Other games I'm not so sure on:
Fairmont Heights vs. Loch Raven in a potential 2nd round match
Perryville vs. Patterson Mill also in a potential 2nd round match

Also am a little curious about a possible Boonsboro vs. Catoctin rematch. The first game was a barn burner and I'm not quite sure what to make of Catoctin just yet. Have not seen any of these teams play. Honestly, I am interested in seeing how far Northern has come if they get to Greenway.

This is why I would love to see Allegany get their program strong again!!! No way the state could deny us playing a Cumberland only State championship at Greenway Avenue!!!

My guess would be
Dunbar
Gp
Fairmont heights
FH/ Catoctin

Obviously my heart is with Fort Hill and Fort Hills defense always shows up in the playoffs. I feel like Fort Hill is capable of beating any of these teams but they could also lose very easily.

Didn't have enough support from the school districts, I do believe. It may be revisited in the near future.
I don't think I would have missed out on the start of basketball season in order to play in a losers' bracket. A lot of the teams in the loser's bracket most likely have the best basketball player or best wrestler. They are better off not playing football anymore if it isn't really for anything.

A losers bracket would have been an embarrassment to the state I’m glad for everyone that it did not materialize

forgive me if this has been asked somewhere

do they reseed in the semis? I know they do in the quarters but not sure on the semis.

forgive me if this has been asked somewhere

do they reseed in the semis? I know they do in the quarters but not sure on the semis.

No, there is no reseeding in the semis. Its a straight, normal 8 team tournament from here on out.

Reactions: towpath94
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT