ADVERTISEMENT

Capital Christian

That's the point Boyz, where does it stop? We now have conservatives who can't take their families out to eat. According to you, these protesters who drive them away are only expressing themselves. What you are saying is that it's ok for one group to express themselves but other groups need to shut up. If those kids can kneel, why can't an adult go down on the field and rag on the head coach for the entire game? It's all a protest.

I believe that there is a time and a place for everything. A high School football game is not the place for a political debate. Shame on anyone who brings political forums into this setting, and if they do, maybe Fort Hill should find another "rent-a-win" to give $3,000 to next year.

Excellent post.

That's the point Boyz, where does it stop? We now have conservatives who can't take their families out to eat. According to you, these protesters who drive them away are only expressing themselves. What you are saying is that it's ok for one group to express themselves but other groups need to shut up. If those kids can kneel, why can't an adult go down on the field and rag on the head coach for the entire game? It's all a protest.

I believe that there is a time and a place for everything. A high School football game is not the place for a political debate. Shame on anyone who brings political forums into this setting, and if they do, maybe Fort Hill should find another "rent-a-win" to give $3,000 to next year.
Playing the anthem is bringing politics into though.

And to be honest, if conservatives can send death threats to victims, how bad is not allowing someone to eat really?

When conservatives stop hanging around harassing anyone going into a planned parenthood facility, then we can talk about harrassment at a restaurant. Until then, it's just a double standard.

Reactions: BoyznBlue
it wouldn't translate to ..."force outrage..." for me. I would simply feel disgusted

I wouldnt be outraged, I would just be disgusted. Lol, huge difference there.

I feel like Lag was writing for a twix commercial - Left twix and right twix the same thing? That's like saying that me, Outrage, is the same as you, Disgust. (Laugh track follows).

I don't think you understood me. I don't approve of anybody - conservative or liberal - being harassed at a restaurant or anywhere else in public. Read what I said: it's OK for the CCA kids to kneel and it's OK for fans to boo them, as long as the fans are not being verbally or physically abusive. I think it's silly to boo the kids, but I'm not saying people don't have the right to do so.

You say, "there is a time and place for everything," but most people never get around to make the time to do something. What have you done to address innocent people being killed by bad cops? Kneeling is not how I would protest, but high school is the ideal time for young people to become politically active. If every high school student in the county sent an email to Judge Finan, Sen. Edwards, Sen. Cardin, and John Delaney, asking for tougher sentencing for crimes involving the sale or possession of narcotics, I guarantee you would see a change overnight.

Reactions: TDHelmick
This is a HS football forum. HS football is my passion/hobby. Since this is a HS football forum. I can comment however I wish as long as i don't violate the terms of service set forth by Rivals (Yahoo).

Yes, I've been to Greenway.....twice. Once in '90 again in '92. Hands over hearts at a sporting event isn't anything special. A DD214 however is special. And based off of my amateur survey, most people with DD214 could care less what people do at a game. We do care about how many people volunteer and donate to the VA. Which should be a ton of people if you go off of the anthem debate. Unfortunately the numbers don't add up.

Bad form to drop the DD214 card. My experience tells me that those who do totally disrespect their fellow citizens and/or are very insecure in what they did do during their service days. Not everyone can have a Hooah job - seems like you were one of those who did not. Show a little more respect.

Last edited:
Bad form to drop the DD214 card. My experience tells me that those who do totally disrespect their fellow citizens and/or are very insecure in what they did do during their service days. Not everyone can have a Hooah job - seems like you were one of those who did not. Show a little more respect.

Its not a "card". Once again, I am not impressed by people standing during the anthem at a sporting event. A DD214 however will, at minimum, will get an approving nod. Of course there are a good number of ate up people with DD214s, but that is a whole different conversation.

My record speaks for itself, it is what it is. Good and bad. I show respect when earned. Otherwise they can kick rocks.

You know.... nothing wrong with giving the starters some full game experience regardless of the score. And... work on the passing game a little even if you have a running clock. As they say, its up to the other team to stop you. I'm expecting at least 70 points from Big Red.
couldn't agree with you more but you know what the sad part is...doesn't matter how much they work on it they won't use it in a big game because it's just too scary!

Reactions: Lagmeister
Crisis averted. They arrived after the Anthem.

What? How could this be? I thought the individuals on the team had Constitutional Rights to protest. How dare their coach keep them in the locker room!!

Oh wait. That's right. In reality, the students on a school activity can only do what the school has approved and the coach will allow. So, Capital Christian will only take a knee during the anthem and thumb their nose at the flag when their school approves and their coach thinks they can win.

As some of us knew, this never was an ethical stand of awareness.... it was just a school feeling good about themselves.

Reactions: PowerRamRight
Watching the game. Silver Oak should schedule these guys as someone they can beat... their #60 is the Pillsbury Dough Boy on wheels... you can just wheel the 300 lb. guy out of the way. In fact, a number of their lineman move around like they are at a 'fat clinic' trying to lose weight.

Last edited:
What? How could this be? I thought the individuals on the team had Constitutional Rights to protest. How dare their coach keep them in the locker room!!

Oh wait. That's right. In reality, the students on a school activity can only do what the school has approved and the coach will allow. So, Capital Christian will only take a knee during the anthem and thumb their nose at the flag when their school approves and their coach thinks they can win.

As some of us knew, this never was an ethical stand of awareness.... it was just a school feeling good about themselves.

So many of you sound devastated that they did exactly what you wanted them to do. Even when you get what you want, all you can do is complain. What exactly happened to you to cause that?

As could have been predicted, some people just have put everything in the form of politics. Capital Christian never said they were going to kneel, or really said anything at all. Just the threat of it was enough to trigger half a dozen people into fits of rage. Again, Capital Christian does not kneel, and you have to make that political as well. Think about that.

At least you got to show us all how politically correct you are when it comes to patriotism. I've had enough PC attitudes, thank you.

Reactions: BoyznBlue
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT