ADVERTISEMENT

BW Hoops 2019-20

loco09

All County Poster
Jul 11, 2018
Figured I'd start a new thread for the upcoming season instead of just carrying on the old one.

Jalen Miller has been picking up some D1 offers from some smaller schools and attention from some larger including Rutgers.

I've only been able to confirm one new player so far although I'm sure there will be others.

Dwayne Koroma from Germany. Here's an ESPN story where he is mentioned.

www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27067734/nba-academy-games-held-us

Haven't seen much on the schedule yet other than the confirmed game against Sunrise Christian in the Heartland Classic.

Reactions: BoyznBlue
This time of year it's difficult to predict because so many kids are still getting offers from various schools. In early July all the AAU teams go to Las Vegas and Atlanta for those tournaments so things usually get sorted out after that.

BW had two prominent kids from the DC area commit but one fell though for some reason. The one who is still coming (so far) is: https://247sports.com/Player/Dimingus-Stevens-46050466/

They are also in the running to get a Top 5 PG.

Last edited:
Jalen is only going be a junior right? He will be getting a lot of attention and offers. The game against Oakhill is confirmed for January 10th at the Rock the Ribbon Shootout

Malik Bowman was listed as one of the top players in his class by a few sites , he has the potential to be really good. Dimingus Stevens is a very good player, has offers from Maryland, Seton Hall, VT, and others.

Glad the Oak Hill game is happening again, that was a great match up last year. Fingers crossed for a few good regular season home games.

The best incoming 9th grade girl bb player in the area transferred to BW. She is better than most 9th grade boys. There are a few other very good female players that may be attending BW. In the next few years the BW girls team will be strong.

Reactions: loco09
Look you smart ass, no one cares about a team that brings in total strangers that have no ties to the area! I'm pullin for the kids I know and have watched growing up from OUR HOME TOWN, Either side of town. So go **** off!

It's a hoops tread, what did you expect? Especially in the dead season... pop a topic on football and you will get what it is you want..

That's awesome, Team Melo is one of the better aau organizations in the region. He will get the opportunity to compete against the best.

BW added a 6’8 forward from Russia. He is currently playing for Russia in the FIBA league

Also added 2021 G Jordan Rayford who has at least one offer to Old Dominion as well as 6'7" 2022 F Luke McEldon.

Boyz...what happened to Domingus Stevens? Saw he committed to Seton Hall, his transfer fall through?

Reactions: cumbfanatic
Mikey Allen scored 30 points in a game today in Philadelphia playing for Team Mello against very good competition. He led them to 2-0 for the day. He is dominating the court. He is going be a big time player.

Last edited:
Dimingus Stevens is coming to BW from Washington DC, 6’5 shooting guard committed to Seton Hall, has many D1 offers. May be the best and most exciting player at BW yet.

Last edited:
This time of year it's difficult to predict because so many kids are still getting offers from various schools. In early July all the AAU teams go to Las Vegas and Atlanta for those tournaments so things usually get sorted out after that.

BW had two prominent kids from the DC area commit but one fell though for some reason. The one who is still coming (so far) is: https://247sports.com/Player/Dimingus-Stevens-46050466/

They are also in the running to get a Top 5 PG.

Dimingus committed to BW earlier in the summer. But yeah, he's really good.

BW has a junior point guard Jalen Miller who will be heavily recruited this year. Currently he is in the top 10 recruits for his class in Maryland. He is definitely a big time player to watch and only a junior.

Last edited:
In addition to the previously confirmed games against Oak Hill and Sunrise Christian it was announced today that BW will participate in the Cancer Research Classic in Wheeling and take on Mater Dei who finished last year ranked #21 nationally. They will also play a team from Ohio on the second day of the classic. Which is January 3-4

A few players have recently picked up offers. Churchill Bounds picked up an offer from Central Arkansas who compete in the Southland conference, Dwayne Koroma picked up offers from Old Dominion and Minnesota. This year's team will be loaded with D1 talent, hopefully there will be a great schedule including home games to draw people.

I also saw that Wasatch Academy from Utah will be back for the Bob Kirk Tournament again this year. They will be preseason top 10-15 this year

Bob Kirk Tournament teams and schedule will be announced tomorrow at noon. Biggest change that I'm aware of is that only the first day will be at BW with the 2nd and 3rd days with the national level teams being played at AC

Reactions: bigdawgrefwmd
Saint Benedicts, St. Stephens, Wasatch Academy, Rock Creek, La Lumiere, Blue Ridge, Trinity Byrnes, Virginia Academy, Chapel Gate Christian, Lanham Christian and South Hagerstown will all be joining Bishop Walsh in Cumberland to play the BKIT at both BW and AC. Very nice line-up, its neat to see South Hagerstown

Saint Benedicts, St. Stephens, Wasatch Academy, Rock Creek, La Lumiere, Blue Ridge, Trinity Byrnes, Virginia Academy, Chapel Gate Christian, Lanham Christian and South Hagerstown will all be joining Bishop Walsh in Cumberland to play the BKIT at both BW and AC. Very nice line-up, its neat to see South Hagerstown
I like them bringing in a Public School but Lord South Hagerstown is not any good. They were 11-12 last season. The Martinsburg Bulldogs would of competed in this and were 29-1

Reactions: cumbfanatic
I assume you'll have a similar set up to last year where the elite teams, St Benedicts, Wasatch, LaLumiere, BW compete at AC on the second and third days and the other teams play out the tournament at BW instead of going home like last year. This is a very solid field though even outside of the elite teams, Blue Ridge was good last year as was ST Stephens, Rock Creek has talent.

South doesn't make much sense to me either unless the coach has a past relationship with Prete from his time at St James and is just doing him a solid. Many other public schools would bring better competition but maybe weren't available on those dates, who knows.

Everything is paid for the entire weekend travel, food, hotel, transportation and some teams are traveling great distance. It is a great opportunity/experience for any team especially a public school. Coach Prete probably invited South Hagerstown because of a connection he has with them. If you remember last year there was a snow storm during the tournament and it was still packed standing room only in the gym

2019-2020 Schedule

Dec 2 vs Coolidge @ Washington DC
Dec 5 vs Takoma Academy
Dec 7 vs Word of God @ DC Hoopfest
Dec 12 vs St. Mary's @ De LaSalle CA
Dec 13 & 14 @ De LaSalle Tourney
Dec 19 vs New Hope Academy
Dec 21 @ Landon
Dec 26-28 Rotary Roundball Classic
Jan 3 vs Mater Dei @ Cancer Research Classic WV
Jan 4 @ Cancer Research Classic
Jan 10 vs Oak Hill @ Rockridge VA
Jan 18 vs Berkmar GA @ Stand Against Violence PA
Jan 19-20 @ Stand Against Violence Pittsburgh
Jan 22 vs Virginia Academy
Jan 25 vs Riverdale Baptist
Jan 28 @ Takoma Academy
Jan 30 vs Trinity Byrnes - BKIT
Jan 31 vs LaLumiere - BKIT
Feb 1 vs Wasatch / St Benedicts - BKIT
Feb 4 vs Springdale Prep
Feb 7 vs St John's Catholic
Feb 8 @ Riverdale Baptist
Feb 15 @ Sunrise Christian - Omaha
Feb 18 @ New Hope
Feb 26-30 MD Independent Tourney
Mar 12-14 ACIT

Reactions: otnorot
In addition to the above schedule BW will also field a Burgundy team that will play several local teams as well as a few other privates from the region.

Overall the main schedule is very challenging, includes games against several nationally ranked teams, they will play 12 games in the area out of the 31 games on their schedule. Not being in a league makes it hard to schedule BCL or WCAC teams as they are locked in to conference play once the Christmas tourneys are done

I think the Burgundy team will play South Hagerstown in the BKIT. They have two games scheduled the same day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT