ADVERTISEMENT

Bridgeport, WV vs FH vs Alco

PWA Docket 7323

Junior Varsity Poster
Jul 27, 2015
Todd Helmick, I figure this question is for you. There are some rumors floating around in the WV high school football community that Bridgeport approached FH about playing next year and the Sentinels declined. On the flip side, allegedly the same offer was made to Alco and they reportedly accepted and will be playing. Can you shed some light on this?!?!

I can't see either willing to play that game. Of course, now would be the time to play them. They can't be as good as the past 2 years.

I can't see either willing to play that game. Of course, now would be the time to play them. They can't be as good as the past 2 years.
you can't be serious? that Frankfort team was in the game 2 years ago with Bridgeport and FH would of beat Frankfort that season by 60
I'm not saying they aren't good but where do you find any comparison and to say neither of them would be willing to play?
Martinsburg the best team in WV AAA for many years had their hands full with FH who was only half the enrollment. Overall WV High School Football doesn't compare, check the players from each state playing at the next level D1/NFL

Bridgeport vs FH would be an excellent matchup. Bridgeport beat Frankfort 43-7. The 43 pts were scored in 3 quarters. I didn't know high schools recruit? It is what it is from year to year.

I emailed Bridgeport AD Matt Demotto in December 2013 about a possible 2014 varsity game with FH and gave him our three open dates. His reply was that they looked to be pretty set schedule wise for at least the near future. Stated they had 8 conference games and 2 non conference but that those two games were continuing.

He called me I think last winter or the winter before (can't recall which) and inquired about one open date they had. Fort Hill was not open that date.

Some people forget about the hardest part finding games...you must have the same open date. And if you are in a league like Bridgeport, it's going to be tough finding a similar hole. Fort Hill actually had several teams inquire late in the spring about games that probably could have been done but all that was needed was a Week 6 game. And nobody was open that week until Fairmont Heights agreed to play. Same with freshman this year. Lots of teams now hitting FH up about a game but cannot find one that has October 31 replacement for Allegany.

you can't be serious? that Frankfort team was in the game 2 years ago with Bridgeport and FH would of beat Frankfort that season by 60
I'm not saying they aren't good but where do you find any comparison and to say neither of them would be willing to play?
Martinsburg the best team in WV AAA for many years had their hands full with FH who was only half the enrollment. Overall WV High School Football doesn't compare, check the players from each state playing at the next level D1/NFL
Maryland has a population of 6 million. West Virginia has a population of 2 million.

States with most NFL players:

• Florida 204
  • California 203
  • Texas 181
  • Georgia 114
  • Ohio 78
  • Alabama 63
  • Louisiana 58
  • North Carolina 55
  • Pennsylvania 55
  • New Jersey 52
  • Michigan 49
  • South Carolina 47
  • Virginia 46
  • Maryland 35
Not Listed West Virginia 2

First of all this wasn't about this I'm saying Maryland High School Football is head and shoulders above WV but WV football is run better by the WVSSAC than The MPSSAA. Everything WV does for their High School Sports is done better than Maryland.
This wasn't supposed to be a knock just thought it was funny when someone brings up Bridgeport like they are a World Beater.....and that Fort Hill is Scared....

• Florida 204
  • California 203
  • Texas 181
  • Georgia 114
  • Ohio 78
  • Alabama 63
  • Louisiana 58
  • North Carolina 55
  • Pennsylvania 55
  • New Jersey 52
  • Michigan 49
  • South Carolina 47
  • Virginia 46
  • Maryland 35

First of all this wasn't about this I'm saying Maryland High School Football is head and shoulders above WV but WV football is run better by the WVSSAC than The MPSSAA. Everything WV does for their High School Sports is done better than Maryland.
This wasn't supposed to be a knock just thought it was funny when someone brings up Bridgeport like they are a World Beater.....and that Fort Hill is Scared....
I'd say most years Fh would handle bridgeport and win.

You guys are hilarious, Fort Hill is good but would have their hands full with Bridgeport year end and year out. Would love to see the match up every year. Grew up watching Fort Hill as a kid and they are stout but have lived in Bridgeport the past 8 years and they are the real deal for a school with less than 700 students and your population numbers don't mean squat.

It would be a great game and atmosphere in both places. Going back the last few years on simulated matchups, including this year they are all pretty much within 1 point either way. Crazy close and for such a long stretch of time..shows how good the teams have been respectively.

The population number was about nfl players in the pros not fh bridgeport.

Last edited:
You guys are hilarious, Fort Hill is good but would have their hands full with Bridgeport year end and year out. Would love to see the match up every year. Grew up watching Fort Hill as a kid and they are stout but have lived in Bridgeport the past 8 years and they are the real deal for a school with less than 700 students and your population numbers don't mean squat.
Dude what are smoking? U grew up watching FH ? What decade. Granted, Bridgeport is good, and so is FH. So until they play each other and thats a needle in a haystack, quit runnin ur mouth. And is memory serves me right each schools enrollment is pretty close. Everyone talks about the feeder schools in baltimore getting the elite players, same goes for bridgeport. Big county and all the atheletes go to Bridgeport. Go back to your WV message boards and talk crap.

Reactions: wing_left

• Florida 204
  • California 203
  • Texas 181
  • Georgia 114
  • Ohio 78
  • Alabama 63
  • Louisiana 58
  • North Carolina 55
  • Pennsylvania 55
  • New Jersey 52
  • Michigan 49
  • South Carolina 47
  • Virginia 46
  • Maryland 35

Who are the players from WV?

Who are the players from WV?
I tried to find it and this is what I found but I know it's old from 2012 and Moss is retired and I've never heard of the other two guys so I have no idea if they still play or not
Derek Hardman
High school:
Roane County (Spencer)
NFL team: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Randy Moss
High school:
Riverside (Belle)
NFL team: San Francisco 49ers

Doug Legursky
High school:
Wilson (Beckley)
NFL team: Pittsburgh Steelers

Dude what are smoking? U grew up watching FH ? What decade. Granted, Bridgeport is good, and so is FH. So until they play each other and thats a needle in a haystack, quit runnin ur mouth. And is memory serves me right each schools enrollment is pretty close. Everyone talks about the feeder schools in baltimore getting the elite players, same goes for bridgeport. Big county and all the atheletes go to Bridgeport. Go back to your WV message boards and talk crap.

You evidently don't have a clue about Harrison County Schools but you are a WV guy so I won't correct you. Point being Fort Hill is good and so is Bridgeport and it's a shame they don't play.

You evidently don't have a clue about Harrison County Schools but you are a WV guy so I won't correct you. Point being Fort Hill is good and so is Bridgeport and it's a shame they don't play.
I agree, they are both great programs,great coachs, and a awsome fan base. Would love to see a home and home series. Actually im a WV fan but grew up in the Cumberland area.

Me too and always was envious of Fort Hill and Allegany but have lived in Bridgeport the past 8 years and the similarities are incredible, just wish they played, that's all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT