ADVERTISEMENT

Boonsboro preview.....some interesting comments.

Waggle Pass

Hall of Fame Poster
Apr 5, 2002
Cumberland, Md via Pittsburgh, Pa
http://www.heraldmailmedia.com/spor...cle_5414716e-6fd8-11e6-aad4-bbf0cd8e2053.html

“Some of the kids are basking in the glow of being 10-0 last year,” said Anders, the dean of Washington County coaches, entering his 32nd year. “It doesn’t matter now.”

“This has been a challenging preseason,” he said. “I’m not happy with the progression. I haven’t been happy with our senior group. It might be because it has been so hot.

“But this is almost like last year and we went 10-0. They told me, ‘Why fuss? We’ll be fine.’ They are trying the same thing again, but that worked last year. They can talk all they want. Now they have to prove it.”

You like to see a coach tell it like it is, but dang. Maybe he is trying to light a fire under some less than motivated players.

I read the entire missive. They're losing quite a few players. Looks a little like the coach is having a personal, self-serving Korn pride moment. Even with last year's team, they are lucky Alco didn't drop 21 points on 'em against their 3.

http://www.heraldmailmedia.com/spor...cle_5414716e-6fd8-11e6-aad4-bbf0cd8e2053.html

“Some of the kids are basking in the glow of being 10-0 last year,” said Anders, the dean of Washington County coaches, entering his 32nd year. “It doesn’t matter now.”

“This has been a challenging preseason,” he said. “I’m not happy with the progression. I haven’t been happy with our senior group. It might be because it has been so hot.

“But this is almost like last year and we went 10-0. They told me, ‘Why fuss? We’ll be fine.’ They are trying the same thing again, but that worked last year. They can talk all they want. Now they have to prove it.”
Love it, them come to cumberland and get steam rolled in the playoffs.

Love it, them come to cumberland and get steam rolled in the playoffs.
Like i said before, you play in 1A west, "Boonsboro" they run there mouth, come about 60 miles west and play FH, you will see your 10-0 dream seasons go bye, bye.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT