ADVERTISEMENT

Boonsboro coach steps down

beall02

Franchise Poster
Jun 2, 2006
Clayton Anders has announced that he is stepping down as coach of Boonsboro. This area has lost yet another great coach. Thank you to him for his years of leadership at the top of Boonsboro football.

Clayton Anders has announced that he is stepping down as coach of Boonsboro. This area has lost yet another great coach. Thank you to him for his years of leadership at the top of Boonsboro football.
Congrats to him. It's great to see a coach who knows when it's time and can walk away knowing he gave his kids, the school, and his community everything he had, and with class.

Reactions: OneRing
It looks like the stars have aligned, Coach Appel was so enthralled with the young vibrant following and tremendous atmosphere he now has the opportunity to pursue this very attractive position, best of luck to him!

But that would be confusing bathe-in-the-glow with generational talent-shifting.

It seems very selfish for fh fans to expect todd to stick around forever. Since he's talked of leaving so many times and there is this tremendous opportunity right in front of him I think it would be selfish of us not to want the best for him. He is clearly unhappy with the fh fan base and in love with Catoctin's so whatever talent there is or isn't I would like him to pursue this...however, the grass isn't always greener.

It seems very selfish for fh fans to expect todd to stick around forever. Since he's talked of leaving so many times and there is this tremendous opportunity right in front of him I think it would be selfish of us not to want the best for him. He is clearly unhappy with the fh fan base and in love with Catoctin's so whatever talent there is or isn't I would like him to pursue this...however, the grass isn't always greener.

You do realize the post is about Boonsboro’s coach retiring - not Catoctin’s - right?

Reactions: Waggle Pass
It looks like the stars have aligned, Coach Appel was so enthralled with the young vibrant following and tremendous atmosphere he now has the opportunity to pursue this very attractive position, best of luck to him!

Again, the post is about Boonsboro’s coach retiring - not Catoctin’s.

Can only see Todd leaving to coach if it’s on the college level. Why would he want to go to an area that’s happy only winning a title once a decade?

Reactions: Waggle Pass
He would've been the AVP at Washington Middle School already but he was denied the ability to leave WMS for part of the day to go up to FH to participate in the football/gym class. So he turned it down. If he stops coaching, he will not be with the ACPS anymore. That's the way I look at it. Retirement or a college coaching job, idk. But I think he missed his opportunity to get into administration with ACPS. IMHO

He would've been the AVP at Washington Middle School already but he was denied the ability to leave WMS for part of the day to go up to FH to participate in the football/gym class. So he turned it down. If he stops coaching, he will not be with the ACPS anymore. That's the way I look at it. Retirement or a college coaching job, idk. But I think he missed his opportunity to get into administration with ACPS. IMHO
With everything im hearing i just don't see him returning shook is being groomed for the job

I think the unicorn just wants to take a couple shots at apple. Should probably just hold his load apple will have his own retirement thread soon
When somebody hands you the gun and the bullets, it is easy to take the shot.
Perhaps it was just wishful thinking that is was the Catoctin job. When you are a sore loser, blame the fh fans or the mpssaa, or the person who helps you wth scheduling, or the weather, or recruiting, it honestly doesn't matter, it's tiresome and childish. Whether it's boonesboro or catoctin, just go, don't let the door hit ya.

Last edited:
When somebody hands you the gun and the bullets, it is easy to take the shot.
Perhaps it was just wishful thinking that is was the Catoctin job. When you are a sore loser, blame the fh fans or the mpssaa, or the person who helps you wth scheduling, or the weather, or recruiting, it honestly doesn't matter, it's tiresome and childish. Whether it's boonesboro or catoctin, just go, don't let the door hit ya.
Ill agree with you that public speaking isn't one of his strong point.

Ill agree with you that public speaking isn't one of his strong point.
Nobody makes him give post game interviews, this isn't the NFL. If you can't lose with grace and own it then don't give the interview. It is sad that there are those who were supporting fh football before he was born, others when he was in diapers, and yet he disses them as though he is the better person or above them/us. Some of us have put thousands of miles on our cars traveling to games, paying our way into the game, spending money on food/gas etc and yet to Appel if we anybody in the community says something he doesn't like we aren't "true" fh supporters...and yet he's allowed to say anything he wants and people defend him because "well if you put a microphone in front of his face after a game when he's emotional it's not fair, what do you expect"...I expect him to be above blaming anybody but himself and leave the kids and fans out of it. That's my opinion, and those who are just never going to see this side of it are entitled to not be offended by his comments if that's what they choose to do.
I also don't think there would be rumors every single year that he's going to retire if he wasn't putting that out there somewhere. Those who seem to know so many intimate details about his decisions and life in general are just too involved to see things objectively...like why does this retirement keep coming up...are you in or out. If you're in with a foot out the door then maybe you aren't preparing as well as your loyalists think you are.
That's my last word on the subject until some new development.
Respect to all who don't agree but I don't think I'll change my mind about who he has shown he is in these postgame interviews...those tough times tend to bring out the real character of a person.

Nobody makes him give post game interviews, this isn't the NFL. If you can't lose with grace and own it then don't give the interview. It is sad that there are those who were supporting fh football before he was born, others when he was in diapers, and yet he disses them as though he is the better person or above them/us. Some of us have put thousands of miles on our cars traveling to games, paying our way into the game, spending money on food/gas etc and yet to Appel if we anybody in the community says something he doesn't like we aren't "true" fh supporters...and yet he's allowed to say anything he wants and people defend him because "well if you put a microphone in front of his face after a game when he's emotional it's not fair, what do you expect"...I expect him to be above blaming anybody but himself and leave the kids and fans out of it. That's my opinion, and those who are just never going to see this side of it are entitled to not be offended by his comments if that's what they choose to do.
I also don't think there would be rumors every single year that he's going to retire if he wasn't putting that out there somewhere. Those who seem to know so many intimate details about his decisions and life in general are just too involved to see things objectively...like why does this retirement keep coming up...are you in or out. If you're in with a foot out the door then maybe you aren't preparing as well as your loyalists think you are.
Respect to all who don't agree but I don't think I'll change my mind about who he has shown he is in these postgame interviews...those tough times tend to bring out the real character of a person.
Its obvious you're feelings got hurt here. But i think I've had a decent view of things he was an assistant coach when i played thought the guy was a asshole. My boy played for him and loves the guy and i know allot of kids that have played for him have that same opinion personally what Todd has to say doesn't bother me. To end ill say it seems he has had the respect of his players thats allot more than i can say for Calhoun that guy was a real prick

The reason that retirement is constantly brought up is the fact that he said years ago that he'd likely stop coaching after he had the opportunity to coach his son.

Can only see Todd leaving to coach if it’s on the college level. Why would he want to go to an area that’s happy only winning a title once a decade?

He might fit in with a West Point or Annapolis type offense, but his personality would shit-can him for consideration. Match his personality with his game plans and what college would consider him a fit? Winning at 1A by plundering small locals and hand-picked patsies would also not promote your status for a larger venue.

It will never be admitted to in here... but I think it is retribution. If someone is still connected to the FH program in any way, they better openly support Appel. If you listen, he tells you exactly that. Don't cross him... in fact, don't even disagree with him.

I suspect that a couple more losses like Catoctin and he would completely snap. After all, the fans, the kids, his coaching staff and the school admin obviously don't deserve someone as great as he.

I've seen that type before. I had a coach snap during the season. Good kids. Started out winning and then started to drop games. The coach walked out. blaming everybody but himself. (Incidentally, I took the team and ran it undefeated.)

Lest we forget: whether praying or conjuring demons, words give life. There is surely someone at FH that can run that program sans Appel's attitude.

It will never be admitted to in here... but I think it is retribution. If someone is still connected to the FH program in any way, they better openly support Appel. If you listen, he tells you exactly that. Don't cross him... in fact, don't even disagree with him.

I suspect that a couple more losses like Catoctin and he would completely snap. After all, the fans, the kids, his coaching staff and the school admin obviously don't deserve someone as great as he.

I've seen that type before. I had a coach snap during the season. Good kids. Started out winning and then started to drop games. The coach walked out. blaming everybody but himself. (Incidentally, I took the team and ran it undefeated.)

Lest we forget: whether praying or conjuring demons, words give life. There is surely someone at FH that can run that program sans Appel's attitude.

By way of comparison, Todd would join the legion of local Coaches who did not make the jump to the college level. So nothing out of the ordinary. Who was the last? Maybe Roy Lester....and because he couldn't beat Bill Hahn.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT