ADVERTISEMENT

Boonsboro/Allegany

I don't think Boonsboro is that good but they've allowed a total of 6 points through 2 weeks. Allegany just is lacking in team speed and depth.

Not only is Allegany bad they are very undisciplined. In the first half they were moving the ball the Head Coach got an unsportsmanlike penalty.

I am shocked by this score. I was impressed with Alco’s win in Week One. I was not impressed when I saw Boonsboro live in the scrimmage against Mountain Ridge.

I was expecting a Camper win by 14+ points. Goes to show I hadn’t seen Allegany live yet this year. I guess whoever said it was right… Hollidaysburg must be having a down year.

That wasn't just a cheap shot- it was criminal!
I decided to sleep on it before I posted about the final play. It happened directly in front of us and you could see it coming well before it happened. I literally said “oh sh**” when the Allegany player was still several yards away.

In my opinion, it was a vicious, unnecessary, cheap shot, to say the least. The Allegany player was on a dead sprint for a good 10-15 yards and he had his eyes on that player the whole time. Now, do I think his intent was to seriously injure him, absolutely not! I don’t think Allegany thought there was any way they were going to lose that game, so he was upset and saw the opportunity to make a big hit and unfortunately, it went very badly. Do I think there should be consequences for him, absolutely, but that is for Allegany to handle as they see fit.

I also question the decision by Allegany to run a play in that instance, the game was over. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a play to the last whistle kinda guy but when you are rolling with a 20 player roster, had already lost a player earlier in the game and your QB, who accounts for a ton of your offense, was hobbling around on defense during the last series, why risk it? The Allegany coach was visibly distraught and I have to wonder if that’s not what he was thinking as well.

This has turned into a little bit of a rivalry and I hope this doesn’t deter the 2 schools from continuing to play each other. I have a family member within the Boonsboro program so I will give an update on the Warrior player if I hear.

Times-News quoted Coach Hansel who said there was an ejection and the player is no longer available against Mountain Ridge next week. I will have to watch the video.

Last edited:
Times-News said there was an ejection and the player is no longer available against Mountain Ridge next week. I will have to watch the video.

Yes, he was ejected as the refs deemed it “flagrant.” I just read the Times News article and I think both coaches handled the situation extremely well. I have a ton of respect for both Cumberland programs and as the Boonsboro coach said, this shouldn’t reflect negatively on Allegany as a program.

All I have heard so far is that Chance is still in the hospital in Cumberland. Will update if I hear more.

Update on Chance:

There was a GoFundMe set up that provided some more information. He was flown to Morgantown and thankfully was released yesterday! He has a contusion on his spinal cord, a T1 fracture, separated shoulder and a concussion. It says that he will continue to undergo more testing and monitoring so we will just continue to hope for a full, speedy recovery.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT