ADVERTISEMENT

BB

funny Allegany BB mentioned on here. I sat on Allegany's side during FH/Alco part 2. Had a loyal Allegany supporter tell me that FH should beat Alco because "at Fort Hill it is all about football, football, football. But at Allegany it is about football, baseball, basketball, soccer and GIRLS SOFTBALL."

Is Allegany football now being held in the same regards as their girls softball team?

Reactions: Waggle Pass
Is there an area team this year capable of giving Alco a challenge in hoops? I follow bball when it gets here but don't know much about it before the season starts. Alco has to be the big favorite, who would be next in line?

Still the same small group of assholes. Until you get 8, go screw yourself.
Lag. This WAS NOT something that I just thought up. As I'm sure you read in my post, an ALLEGANY supporter told me these things. I just thought I'd share what I heard with everyone.

Reactions: Waggle Pass
But at Allegany it is about football, baseball, basketball, soccer and GIRLS SOFTBALL."

Is Allegany football now being held in the same regards as their girls softball team?

Considering both softball and football have 2 state titles in the last 20 years, with softball being more recent by 5 years, I'd put Alco softball a step above football currently.

Reactions: hbpass2
Considering both softball and football have 2 state titles in the last 20 years, with softball being more recent by 5 years, I'd put Alco softball a step above football currently.

Wow!
Imagine where that put football at Fort Hill until 2013 with only two championships?

Wow!
Imagine where that put football at Fort Hill until 2013 with only two championships?

Exactly, the only fall back Fort Hill had was that they still routinely defeated Alco football. In all those years of just not quite getting over the title hump, they still never lost to Alco more than 2 years in a row head to head.

I guess what strikes me as so significant about Allegany football right now is that aspect of it. It's one thing to not be able to snag a title, regardless of one's opinion of 1A football - that's still a tough task...staying healthy for 14 weeks, beating out of area teams...etc.. but to go for so long and not defeat one specific team, especially your rival?

I'm really (swear to god) not trying to sound like a dick...but that has to suck. Especially when we're really not that far removed from some really competitive and trade off victories. Sure, as a FH guy I love beating Alco in anything from football to unified bocce ball - but I still would like to see Alco win every game they play against anyone other than Fort Hill.

Sure, as a FH guy I love beating Alco in anything from football to unified bocce ball - but I still would like to see Alco win every game they play against anyone other than Fort Hill.

You're a better man than me. I am only satisfied if Urbana loses every single game in every single sport!

As for softball, imagine how the other sports at Northern-Calvert feel playing second fiddle to the 8 time defending 3A State Champion softball team!

Ridge may beat FH in basketball but Allegany will beat them by 20 or better both games. Isn't a fair amount of FH's team Allegany transfers? If all made the team probably 4 or 5 kids

Reactions: Bubbahead70
Exactly, the only fall back Fort Hill had was that they still routinely defeated Alco football. In all those years of just not quite getting over the title hump, they still never lost to Alco more than 2 years in a row head to head.

I guess what strikes me as so significant about Allegany football right now is that aspect of it. It's one thing to not be able to snag a title, regardless of one's opinion of 1A football - that's still a tough task...staying healthy for 14 weeks, beating out of area teams...etc.. but to go for so long and not defeat one specific team, especially your rival?

I'm really (swear to god) not trying to sound like a dick...but that has to suck. Especially when we're really not that far removed from some really competitive and trade off victories. Sure, as a FH guy I love beating Alco in anything from football to unified bocce ball - but I still would like to see Alco win every game they play against anyone other than Fort Hill.

But that's not a fallback according to to everyone else on this post.

I guess what I've never understood is how you could have ever imagined you were successful, as a school, at athletics when your entire basis of success was beating only one school in only one sport.

Considering Allegany owns Fort Hill in every sport except volleyball and football, I guess it makes sense that you would have to stay stuck in one game from the entire year.

I guess what I've never understood is how you could have ever imagined you were successful, as a school, at athletics when your entire basis of success was beating only one school in only one sport.

Considering Allegany owns Fort Hill in every sport except volleyball and football, I guess it makes sense that you would have to stay stuck in one game from the entire year.

Every other sport? I'll give you basketball and baseball. What else? That's two to two in my non-common core brain. Softball? Wrestling? Track? Soccer? Golf? Bowling? Cheerleading? Are we talking anecdotal or real numbers, cause I'd like to see head to head in, say, the last 20 years what Alco "owns".

Ohh yeah, I'll give you band. ;)

How many times has fh beat Alco in baseball. Lol joke that was kind of a low blow we can count on 2 hands how many games FH won in last few years total

Reactions: towpath94
yes the fort hill steel teams coaches will never beat alco

the worst part of that terrible coaching staff is the games they play with kids that arent in their click. Look at the football team over the last few years and start naming the best athletes. Many played baseball up til they got to FH and they wont because of the stigma those coaches have put on the program. They know if you aren't in the click or related to the coaches you have no chance. It even happens at the freshmen and JV levels. They ran off one of the best freshmen players last year. Made him sit behind inferior coach's kids and he was 2 times the player of some of the kids on the field according to anyone that knows anything about baseball. That is NO WAY to run a program. Funny thing is the last few years classes were always competitive with Alco teams until they got to varsity. Everyone sees it but the coaches and the people in charge.

Lol FH baseball I wouldn't waste my time watching them , id rather watch little league at the park ... Very sad that every baseball coach at FH has a kid on the team that starts and shouldn't be ,, sad that those kids that don't play for FH rather go lift after school .. kids don't play a sport they love from all the favoritism at FH..yep FH missing the boat chasing talent away...

Reactions: towpath94
I stated before I would take the KORN over the current Fort Hill coaches...someone has to wake up...make a change..please...

and yet it seems to be you that's bothered by the whole thing...me think you doth protest too much is an old saying that seems to fit here. if you're so happy with complete domination why do you need to talk about it?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT