ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball/Softball

cumbfanatic

Franchise Poster
Sep 13, 2009
Maybe Alco can be good at baseball and softball 🤷🏻‍♂️ lol. Digging deep for a winning team on the blue side 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: ravemwp
Maybe Alco can be good at baseball and softball 🤷🏻‍♂️ lol.
I don’t think there is a maybe about it. They have dominated the area in softball for at least the last 10 years or better. FH hasn’t beaten Allegany in softball in that long as well. They probably only beat Allegany once or twice in that time frame. Allegany softball will more than likely win another state championship this year, baseball has a shot

Alcos softball team appears they will be fairly dominant and they only have 1 senior on the roster. Abi Britton is a junior, she threw a perfect game against FH.

Alcos softball team appears they will be fairly dominant and they only have 1 senior on the roster. Abi Britton is a junior, she threw a perfect game against FH.
I would say more than fairly dominant. I believe they have only given up two runs in four games. A perfect game is more than fairly dominant.

• Haha
Reactions: everyones-an-expert
I am going to assume the Allegany pitcher has pitched every game? I have never been a fan of softball for this reason. But kudos for those who do. If teams do not have an ace pitcher who can pitch 95% of the time, they are screwed.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
I am going to assume the Allegany pitcher has pitched every game? I have never been a fan of softball for this reason. But kudos for those who do. If teams do not have an ace pitcher who can pitch 95% of the time, they are screwed.
Happens at the college level as well. Especially once they get deep into the NCAA tournament

Sophomore Allison White pitches some, usually comes in when the game is in hand. Yesterday Alco was up 14-0, Alison came in Berkeley Springs scored 4 runs. If the other team scored runs, most likely it was not against Abi Britton.
Alleganys offense is powerful, they’ve scored over 10 runs in every game, except Morgantown they scored 7.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jailerman
It's funny how sports work at different schools. Martinsburg is the football king. Jefferson has almost always been the baseball king - it was that way even when I was in high school in the 1980s. Jefferson baseball fields were impressive even then...like a minor league park.

True Jefferson is a good baseball school. This year Martinsburg beat Jefferson 3-1. Martinsburg beat Keyser and Frankfort by more than 10 runs.

Alco softball 32 game winning streak is over after loss to Morgantown. Alco and Morgantown split on the season 1-1

• Wow
Reactions: Jailerman
The baseball team lost 6-5 in 9 innings to northern to squander the region title away.

I guess the hopes and dreams of allegany are now all on the girls
Best high school baseball game I've seen in some time. It's a shame someone had to lose. Both teams played well.

The baseball team lost 6-5 in 9 innings to northern to squander the region title away.

I guess the hopes and dreams of allegany are now all on the girls
Wow, didn't see that one coming. Alco beat Northern earlier this year like 21-0 I think.

On Sunday I watched Washington Middle play Braddock Middle School for the Maryland side of their baseball league championship. My grandson plays for Washington. What a great game for two really good middle school teams. Braddock was up 3-1 in the last inning and Washington had 2 outs. Braddock pitching imploded and Washington came back to win 5-3 with the two out rally. Both teams finished 1st and 2nd in the league regular season.

The area middle school league consists of:
Braddock
Washington
Frostburg
Northern
Southern
Keyser
Frankfort
Hampshire

What a concept. The Dapper Dan Major Division has 4 teams this year. It's time they start paring with other leagues in the area.

EDIT: My bad, found out the Madden who plays for Braddock in not the brother of Griffen Madden who will attend JMU. But they are both great ballers.

Last edited:
Wow, didn't see that one coming. Alco beat Northern earlier this year like 21-0 I think.

On Sunday I watched Washington Middle play Braddock Middle School for the Maryland side of their baseball league championship. My grandson plays for Washington. What a great game for two really good middle school teams. Braddock was up 3-1 in the last inning and Washington had 2 outs. Braddock pitching imploded and Washington came back to win 5-3 with the two out rally. The Madden boy who plays for Braddock pitched most of the game and went like 5 for 5 stroking the ball. He's really good like his brother at Alco who is going to JMU. Both teams finished 1st and 2nd in the league regular season.

The area middle school league consists of:
Braddock
Washington
Frostburg
Northern
Southern
Keyser
Frankfort
Hampshire

What a concept. The Dapper Dan Major Division has 4 teams this year. It's time they start paring with other leagues in the area.
The second Alco v Northern was much more competitive. Alco won that one 15-10 in a slugfest. Still thought Alco would win today. Game was well played by both teams. Very enjoyable to watch.

Allegany 18 FH 0.
State Quarter Final will be at Lions Field Friday 4:30.

Last edited:
Congrats to Northern baseball. Headed to the semis with a 6-3 win over Snow Hill, who drove 5.5 hours to turn around and drive 5.5 hours back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT