ADVERTISEMENT

Area stat leaders

The Times-News is a Mess, they don't have many employees anymore. They Print the paper in Johnstown, PA
Subscribers are down and the Price continues to go up. The Bedford newspaper is bigger than The Cumberland Times-News these days.
I wouldn't look for them to be putting out any kind of stats.

The Times-News is a Mess, they don't have many employees anymore. They Print the paper in Johnstown, PA
Subscribers are down and the Price continues to go up. The Bedford newspaper is bigger than The Cumberland Times-News these days.
I wouldn't look for them to be putting out any kind of stats.
I agree and it gets worse every year

If anyone has not noticed...35 year employee Mike Burke no longer works there. Yes, they are very short on workers. It's amazing they even put out a paper to be honest. With what little they have working on the sports desk, I think they do a great job.

Being a Times-News freelance writer for 20 years, the only thing that really bothered me was when customers complained about the newspaper but don't even have a subscription. Like the Times-News owes them something. Crazy. I'm sure no one reading this wants to work for free. So if you don't pay them anything for reading their service, then you are the biggest part of the problem.

Was told last week that Mike Burke is no longer the sports editor. Dont know if it was cutbacks, or he decided to retire. As BigDawg said, with the way it's going down there, I wouldn't be surprised if they didnt hire anyone to replace him. Leaving sports with one less employee.

Times-News sports section was great back in the 90's but then started dropping off every yr.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT