Poolesville 34 | Catoctin 14
Frankfort 20 | Spring Mills 21
Point Pleasant 35 | Keyser 33
Brunswick 29 | Liberty 27
Smithsburg 36 | Clear Spring 0
Williamsport 32 | North Hagerstown 13

All scores are final

Last edited:
Keyser and Frankfort both lose again. Keyser's second in a row. Falcons have now lost three in a row.

Northern losing to Moorefield is a bit of a shock. Especially considering they lost the line of scrimmage battle against the Yellow Jackets. I don't think anyone would have predicted that happening.

Brunswick and Havre De Grace are teams to keep an eye on downstate.

After tonight it is clear that Fort Hill is the top team in the adjusted 1A for 2021. The question is who is #2 and how far is the gap? We should find out very shortly.

Mountain Ridge 7 | Fort Hill 37
Northern Garrett 13 | Moorefield 22
Poolesville 34 | Catoctin 14
Frankfort 20 | Spring Mills 21
Point Pleasant 35 | Keyser 33
Brunswick 29 | Liberty 27
Smithsburg 36 | Clear Spring 0
Williamsport 32 | North Hagerstown 13

All scores are final
Beall02. Did Smithsburg win. CountySportsZone has Clear Spring winning.

From two separate sources, I have Smithsburg over Clear Spring 36-0.
I've checked it a couple more places. Now up too five different sources have it as Smithsburg the winner. Sometimes CountySportsZone inverts the team when they put the score in. I am sure it will get corrected.

Those sources are... Hagerstown newspaper, Newspaper reporter at game, Smithsburg AD, Associated Press, and MD AP Score reports twitter page

Reactions: CrickRat23
Trying to see what happened to the Havre de Grace game. Listed as a forfeit loss. Thats the team that will be a 1 or 2 seed overall if not.

Covid related. Basically HdG wanted to play, but they claim North Harford refused to because of the low number of kids left on the roster and said it was a risk. HdG feels that NH should forfeit because they refused to play. However, HdG was considered not to have enough to field a team and was given the loss. It's a weird situation, sounds like.

I was curious to that also Mr. Helmick as I saw the game was listed as canceled. Also, do you know how the divisor will work for season ending point totals. If a team only plays say, 7 games (no forfeits awarded), will they use 7 as their divisor, or will they use a 8 or 9 game schedule as their divisor. If forfeits are awarded this is a moot point. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Covid related. Basically HdG wanted to play, but they claim North Harford refused to because of the low number of kids left on the roster and said it was a risk. HdG feels that NH should forfeit because they refused to play. However, HdG was considered not to have enough to field a team and was given the loss. It's a weird situation, sounds like.
Wow, if that's the case, that's kind of $hitty for HDG.

Last edited:
I was curious to that also Mr. Helmick as I saw the game was listed as canceled. Also, do you know how the divisor will work for season ending point totals. If a team only plays say, 7 games (no forfeits awarded), will they use 7 as their divisor, or will they use a 8 or 9 game schedule as their divisor. If forfeits are awarded this is a moot point. Thanks in advance.
The lowest divisor is 8. I fought to get the MPSSAA to change this. Insane.

Also my understanding is there can be no COVID forfeits. I dunno what that deal is right now. Have yet to see one listed as a win or loss.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT