ADVERTISEMENT

Area baseball/softball

I believe the area is wide open this year when it comes to baseball. SHS returns 7 starters and 4 starting pitchers, Frankfort has a strong group of returners, Alco has Bratton, Milburn, O'Neal and other quality players, Fort Hill is definitely the sleeper of the group with strong pitching and starters coming back, Mt Ridge with Smith, Shimko and Dinicola has a strong corp of returning playewrs, Northern has King, Yommer, Carr and Jones returning. My prediction: 1) Frankfort 2) SHS 3) Alco 4) Mt Ridge 5) NHS, 6)Mt Ridge, however I would not bet my house on this. Should be a great year for baseball!

I agree, this could be the most competitive baseball season for area teams that we have seen in awhile. Any word on the softball teams from Garret County?

Fort Hill with big wins over Allegany and Southern. Frankfort 3-0 with wins over Southern, Phillip Barbour and Allegany. Allegany with 2 early, pretty close losses to Fort Hill and Frankfort. What's happening at MR and Northern? Any additional thoughts now that there's a few games under everyone's belt?

My thought early is Fh and Frankfort may be the two best teams. From what I am hearing Alco struggling at the plate. When did the FH QB start playing baseball? I know he did in little league butvhavent heard his name at the high school level til this year.

this is the first year he's played in high school

I have to give it to the FH staph. They always out dumb everyone. It's pretty damn impressive. Just when you think they might actually know something about the sport they go and start the season with 2 of the best players in the school on the JV level. It was obvious to EVERYONE but dumb and dumber (I was at the Southern game and that is the nickname the FH parents call the coaching staph) that they both should be starting on varsity. It would be like Poling and Hamilton not playing varsity football as sophomores. Then to no one's surprise they reach in their bag of stupidity just as a reminder and play one of them in BOTH the JV and varsity games at the SAME time. They literally had one pinch run for in the JV game to go pitch in the varsity game.

Is there consequences for doing that at a forfeit standpoint. I have never heard of that being done by a Maryland school.

According to the MPSSAA web site a player can not play in a junior varsity and varsity game in the same day. Bad move by the coaching staff.

Reactions: towpath94
2 of the best players in the school...Better then Poling, Martin,Kelly,Weber, Harden. dont think so!!! But think they should be on varsity for sure. Should they start everybody has their own opinion. Alco struggling at the plate Yes faced 2 of the better pitchers in the area not to metion how many errors does Alco have? Alot more then what the paper said

alco , Where are you reading this? I don't see anything in the State Handbook

But I have another question, with everyone making the playoffs, what does it matter???

This is a big deal about nothing

Page 22 under Limits of participation. I can stand corrected on one thing that I must not have read enough. They can not play in a game on jv and varsity against the same school.

2 of the best players in the school...Better then Poling, Martin,Kelly,Weber, Harden. dont think so!!! But think they should be on varsity for sure. Should they start everybody has their own opinion. Alco struggling at the plate Yes faced 2 of the better pitchers in the area not to metion how many errors does Alco have? Alot more then what the paper said

yes 2 of the best players in the school. I didn't say THE 2 best. If you think they should be on varsity then you agree with me. When you look at all aspects of the game (pitching, hitting, fielding) they are easily 2 of the best 9 in the school. They are probably 2/3 in pitching behind Poling but were on the JV team LOL.

alco , Where are you reading this? I don't see anything in the State Handbook

But I have another question, with everyone making the playoffs, what does it matter???

This is a big deal about nothing

when the current staph has a history of being just plain AWFUL with NOT ONE winning season with all the talent that has been in the school and they continue to do the opposite of the common sense thing to do that is why it was mentioned. It's obvious to everyone these guys are in over their heads and have been for many years. They didn't even win anything coaching in little league LOL

The talent over the next few years is state championship level and we have little league coaches coaching them

When Coach Appel retires we should hire the a pee wee teams C team staff lol

Southern is NOT pursuing the protest. My understanding was that they pointed out the mistake to the umpires and FH staff. Southern got only 4 hits that game and did not look good. Knowing the coaching staff they are not going to shrink to that level and attempt to get a win from a game that they were never really in.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
Southern is NOT pursuing the protest. My understanding was that they pointed out the mistake to the umpires and FH staff. Southern got only 4 hits that game and did not look good. Knowing the coaching staff they are not going to shrink to that level and attempt to get a win from a game that they were never really in.

any update on this? Just seeing if what I heard is the same in Oakland.

What I heard, Fort Hill staff reported this on their own to their AD. The AD reported to the state and Southern was awarded a forfeit. Spoke with the SHS staff and they advised that this was the info afforded to them from the state level. Like I said, this is what I heard, let me know if you heard the same.

Reactions: towpath94
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT