ADVERTISEMENT

Any word on FH #8?

4R341

Blue Chip Poster
Nov 14, 2005
Will be *HUGE*, if he can't play. Need his ability to make people miss on short passes. Uhhh...wait a minute...need to make some short passes. Isn't that how you find out how well your QB is throwing? Something very wrong with FH's approach to passing. That's for another thread, though.

Will be *HUGE*, if he can't play. Need his ability to make people miss on short passes. Uhhh...wait a minute...need to make some short passes. Isn't that how you find out how well your QB is throwing? Something very wrong with FH's approach to passing. That's for another thread, though.

I think he will be fine once again though FH always has been a power run team but if Douglas loads the box they will need to find a way to loosen thinhs up

Yep, something very wrong.......12-0 and playing in the title game for the 6th straight year.

Yep, something very wrong.......12-0 and playing in the title game for the 6th straight year.
And lucky it's not Dunbar they're playing or it would be a repeat of last year. FH lost last year, remember? And, out of Appel's own mouth, this FH team doesn't have any "stars".

And lucky it's not Dunbar they're playing or it would be a repeat of last year. FH lost last year, remember? And, out of Appel's own mouth, this FH team doesn't have any "stars".
But they’re not playing Dunbar are they?

It seemed like all season that people put Dunbar on this unreachable pedestal and now people can’t grasp that they LOST.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waggle Pass
He made that statement meaning that it's not the typical FH team that had 4 and 3 year players coming back. We are use to having Poland's, Hamilton's or Harden's etc. playing which we got accustomed to hearing their names. To say that their are no stars on this team is crazy! These kids play lights out. They have even call theirselves "The No Names". Maybe the reason there are no "stars" is because they all play like stars!

Dunbar got spanked again by Douglas . They aren’t good enough to be in the title game this year.

He made that statement meaning that it's not the typical FH team that had 4 and 3 year players coming back. We are use to having Poland's, Hamilton's or Harden's etc. playing which we got accustomed to hearing their names. To say that their are no stars on this team is crazy! These kids play lights out. They have even call theirselves "The No Names". Maybe the reason there are no "stars" is because they all play like stars!
I was referring to the lucky its not Dunbar part Douglas beat Dunbar. Thats what makes it well a little off.

First of all, I didn't say there weren't any stars on FH's team; Appel did. I'm just tired of seeing a good FH team held back by the fact they can't throw when they need to. If they need to throw on Saturday and can't, we'll see how many of you continue to post after the game's been played.

I'm revising my earlier prediction in this game. If FH doesn't throw and complete at least 5 passes, they lose 19-6.

And when Douglas played Dunbar it was raining - a lot. The weather was Douglas's 12th man.

excellent post!

First of all, I didn't say there weren't any stars on FH's team; Appel did. I'm just tired of seeing a good FH team held back by the fact they can't throw when they need to. If they need to throw on Saturday and can't, we'll see how many of you continue to post after the game's been played.

I'm revising my earlier prediction in this game. If FH doesn't throw and complete at least 5 passes, they lose 19-6.
I'm almost in complete agreement with you. I do see Douglass having a problem scoring 19 unless they come out throwing and don't stop.

And when Douglas played Dunbar it was raining - a lot. The weather was Douglas's 12th man.
Still of the wall dunbar is turning in equipment not playing in the title game. And i don't believe the weather had as much to do with it as a lack of having to play 4 quatersof football i dont believe the starts at dunbar had been tested all season.

Your kidding right no way the see 19 points.

Can you imagine how great fort hill would be if 4r341 coached fort hill. If he was coaching I’ll bet we could beat the patriots!!!!!!”

The last thing I'm going to say in this thread is...

Onering, I owe you a big apology. I used to disregard the nonsensical drivel of some of the FH posters on this forum. I graduated from FH and I'm becoming embarrassed to admit that. I completely understand your frustration with feeble-minded people.

smh

When FH goes down and wins and throws less then 5 passes will you stop posting after the games been played or will you be the first to congratulate them on how great of a game they played.

When FH goes down and wins and throws less then 5 passes will you stop posting after the games been played or will you be the first to congratulate them on how great of a game they played.
I'll be thrilled if they can do that. I want them to win. I don't have a beef with FH's team or the school. I just get sick of closeminded diehards.

I've said the same thing but I've also apologized when I've been wrong. I say it a little differently though. I just don't see why they limit themselves and if they win people say "see they didn't need to pass". To want them to have an option when a friendship of dunbar figures out a way to stop them is showing you are a fan, at least to me. Do you really disagree that if they threw a screen or two a game, a couple to the backs, it wouldn't help?

Onering, I owe you a big apology. I used to disregard the nonsensical drivel of some of the FH posters on this forum. I graduated from FH and I'm becoming embarrassed to admit that. I completely understand your frustration with feeble-minded people.

smh
You aren't the only one that sometimes gets why the alco posters are throwing daggers or seemingly hating...if fh posters are irritated with other fh posters of course an outsider would be just as irritated or frustrated.

Did you watch the sherando game a couple years ago. Fort hill was losing at the half and ended up wining when they had to go to the passing game in the second half. I would also like to point out that Fort hill threw a touchdown pass against Dunbar last year.
The most perplexing thing about your complaints toward coach Appel is that you act like you know how to win games more than the coach with the highest win percentage in md. This is a coach that has gone to 6 straight championships, it’s laughable.
Maybe just maybe the coach who has been around these kids for years day after day and practice after practice knows their strengths and weaknesses a little better than you as a fan. For the rest of us as fans we are going to soak up these years and enjoyed them. What coach Apple has accomplish is a once in a lifetime Feat.
I already know your next move. If Fort Hill beats Douglass you will say that Fort Hill was lucky that they didn’t play Dunbar. Let me just Say it again. Dunbar was not good enough to make it to the final.

Keep on hating all you want on the coach. As long as he is there a program keeps rolling !!!!!!!

I've said the same thing but I've also apologized when I've been wrong. I say it a little differently though. I just don't see why they limit themselves and if they win people say "see they didn't need to pass". To want them to have an option when a friendship of dunbar figures out a way to stop them is showing you are a fan, at least to me. Do you really disagree that if they threw a screen or two a game, a couple to the backs, it wouldn't help?
No I don’t disagree. I would love to see screen passes. I responded to 4R because I’m tired of seeing that same post week in and week out. I guess eventually the “FH needs to pass” posters will eventually be right and be able to beat their chests when they finally guess right but until then admit week after week that your wrong.

I graduated from FH and I'm becoming embarrassed to admit that. I completely understand your frustration with feeble-minded people.
smh

To say you're embarrassed to be a graduate of FH because of the words, not actions, of a few fellow graduates on this board is what is actually feeble-minded. FH has had nearly 25,000 graduates of the school, the vast majority who have focused on "deeds, not words" and have made the school proud.

To make such a statement on your part is what is truly embarrassing - from one graduate to another, get your act together. This is a weekend, and one of many in the past, to be proud of Fort Hill.

To say you're embarrassed to be a graduate of FH because of the words, not actions, of a few fellow graduates on this board is what is actually feeble-minded. FH has had nearly 25,000 graduates of the school, the vast majority who have focused on "deeds, not words" and have made the school proud.

To make such a statement on your part is what is truly embarrassing - from one graduate to another, get your act together. This is a weekend, and one of many in the past, to be proud of Fort Hill.

Cult-like intolerance for players, parents and grads. Not surprising at all.

Cult-like intolerance for players, parents and grads. Not surprising at all.

Cult-like? You're showing your age with analysis like that. Let me be further parochial on purpose and tell you to stay on your side of the tracks. This is a South Cumberland discussion.

But I know you won't be able to let it go so fire away. I'm sure you'll try and bring some levity from afar. Have at it. I'm getting ready for the big game Saturday as well as my school for bowl selection.

Cult-like? You're showing your age with analysis like that. Let me be further parochial on purpose and tell you to stay on your side of the tracks. This is a South Cumberland discussion.

But I know you won't be able to let it go so fire away. I'm sure you'll try and bring some levity from afar. Have at it. I'm getting ready for the big game Saturday as well as my school for bowl selection.

You give bad cutesy. You're even worse as Appel's shaman. So, you know what you can do with those tracks.

This whole team is a "star". They work together and get the job done, bottom line. No one lets up and it's full throttle for 48 minutes. It's not the "star" that wins the games, especially the big ones, it's the TEAM! Also, this FH defense against this year's Dunbar squad would definitely have the edge. They play fast, make the tackles, avoid the mistakes, and are just a complete unit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT