ADVERTISEMENT

Any Scores???? Lets go

I thought the Boonsboro score was significant in that there probably is no one else left on the Boonsboro schedule that could knock them off. And if they ran the table they probably would outpoint an undefeated Alco or FH and snag the #1 region seed.

I finally got to see Alco tonight. First impression is a very good defense even without Karson. And Rhodes is the best receiver in the area. I also thought the Alco QB threw some nice balls. As for Keyser, man their OL is a long way off from what they had last year. The defense is gritty but the offense just can't do much with little to no blocking.

An undefeated Fort Hill should have definitely outpointed Boonsboro, I ran the numbers projecting the favored team as the winner in all remaining games.

Last edited:
I wasnt equally impressed with Alcos dline against the run. Traps were consistently open all evening. Keyser just stopped running them for some reason. The perimeter was all Alcos.

I thought the same thing. Keyser's play calling was horrible. The lack of discipline for keyser continues to be a problem. For all the speed they say keyser has. I just don't see it. Just my opinion.

that is by far the worst Keyser Team I have seen since the 90's
the worst part is they probably still go 7-3 with losses to Alco,FH and Bridgeport.
it looked like the coaches gave up on play calling with the game at 7-0, it was like they were just trying to keep the score down.

All tonight proved was that allegany was not as bad as keyser. This was a bad allegany team with the exception of Rhodes beating a worse keyser team.

Reactions: sentinel-nurse
You are right about the game summary. Glorified pillow fight at its best. Alco wants no parts of FH at this point. With the exception Rhodes, they really don't have anybody who can match up with forthills talent level.

Alco is dangerous. Bratton will be the best QB the Sentinels will see. They should be good enough in the Secondary to keep the big plays down. But with Karson healthy and Rhodes or Middleton running routes the offense will be ready.

I doubt they can keep FHs score down far enough. The dline just was too inconsistent for me to see it.

Alco is dangerous. Bratton will be the best QB the Sentinels will see. They should be good enough in the Secondary to keep the big plays down. But with Karson healthy and Rhodes or Middleton running routes the offense will be ready.

I doubt they can keep FHs score down far enough. The dline just was too inconsistent for me to see it.
From what I seen ALCO relies way to much on the deep throw. What will happen when Rhodes lines up against brown? I think that will be the best battle of homecoming.

Reactions: Waggle Pass
Sherando 47 Jefferson 12

Hollidaysburg 49 Brasheer 7

Dunbar 52 Poly 12

Allegany threw 3 td passes and only one to Rhodes. They are balanced with a good run game. They can take what you give them. A big difference is they have a plan, make adjustments and take what you give them

Last edited:
One of those was a half back pass, as well.

As far as adjustments, I agree. They played a very mediocre first half, with only a 7-0 lead at the break. But changed things up and scored 24 in the second.

Allegany has some studs. The big difference for them in HC is they have to play both ways. FH is deeper with a few more studs. It is not going be a walk in the park, it never is. Alco will be undefeated with full confidence and a chip on their shoulder that first Sat of Nov. Cant wait.

I have said in both football boards wv and md that Keyser has little in the way of line play this year because they lost all to graduation last year and they have 3 freshman and 2 sophomores along the line on offense and defense this year so they are not getting experienced blockers that and the fact their size is nowhere near last year. I do not believe at this point they will even make the playoffs unless several teams falter on the way there. I see maybe a 6-4 record at best right now. Next year if all goes well maybe they will be much more competitive. Just the way I see it from my little hill.

I have said in both football boards wv and md that Keyser has little in the way of line play this year because they lost all to graduation last year and they have 3 freshman and 2 sophomores along the line on offense and defense this year so they are not getting experienced blockers that and the fact their size is nowhere near last year. I do not believe at this point they will even make the playoffs unless several teams falter on the way there. I see maybe a 6-4 record at best right now. Next year if all goes well maybe they will be much more competitive. Just the way I see it from my little hill.
I have always thought Biser has done a Great job. I am just saying watching the other night it was 7-0 but it never felt like it was close, it felt like it was 35-0 and it was really 7-0. Keyser looked like a team just trying to keep the score down. I am sure they will be back in the next few years with all the talent up there.
Who else would u have them losing to the rest of the way besides Bridgeport? Hampshire,Frankfort,Byrd and Mountain Ridge are not very good this year.
Frankfort and Mountain Ridge are the best of the other games besides Bridgeport and I think Keyser will beat both by 21-28 at the least.
although 7-3 might not get them in WV AA because of the crazy amount of teams this year.
Good Luck to The Golden Tornado The rest of the Season.

Hampshire 0-4
Byrd 1-4
Frankfort 2-3
Mountain Ridge 2-2

All tonight proved was that allegany was not as bad as keyser. This was a bad allegany team with the exception of Rhodes beating a worse keyser team.
How is this a bad Alco team? Im pretty sure they are a top 5 1A team once again yet no respect... They look alot like last yrs. Camper team with a solid defense and an average offense.. Just because they arent on FHs level doesnt mean they suck.. There isnt any 1A team on FHs level. There isnt any 2A school on their level and not many 3A either..

How is this a bad Alco team? Im pretty sure they are a top 5 1A team once again yet no respect... They look alot like last yrs. Camper team with a solid defense and an average offense.. Just because they arent on FHs level doesnt mean they suck.. There isnt any 1A team on FHs level. There isnt any 2A school on their level and not many 3A either..
Also isnt it too early in the yr. to judge this yrs keyser team? They lost to 2 very good Cumberland schools but why does that mean they suck???

I'll be the first to say Alco is better than what I'm hearing some people say about them. They are the best team left on FHs schedule and, while it would be an upset by most people's standards, they could get a few breaks and beat FH. They have a better passing game than anyone on FHs schedule and they have okay speed in the secondary. I think the Rhodes v Brown matchup at homecoming will be fun as hell to watch.

Watching them play the second half against Keyser showed how good they can be. And yeah, Keyser is pretty down this year. Their line is just not consistent at all on the offense. And they dont have a lot of closing speed..but they are the third best team in the area. They dont "suck"..they have the ability to play pretty sloppy and need a lot of work, but to say they suck isnt quite fair.

I know, some of these teams weve seen this year have been pretty weak..but they are either seriously mismatched when playing Fort Hill or Alco...or they are just playing to their ability. Sadly, the ability levels havent been too high. One exampl I'll use is Hollidaysburg. By watching them play against FH it might be easy to say they suck..but outside of Alco (who would be them soundly), I think they are competitive with everyone else locally.

Think of it this way, remember when Martinsburg and Nate Sowers and the boys came up here in 2003 and made FH look like a pee wee team in their 41-2 win? That Fort Hill team didnt suck by any means, but that game was embarassing. FH swept the rest of the CVAL and clobbered Boonsbor and Alco. Lost to a strong North High team in the 2A playoffs.

Sometimes the strength of your opponent simply makes you look a lot worse than you are. Keep that in mind.

Well said FHHSAHS and I agree with you. Friday was the first I have seen Alco play and I watched it on TV. I was very impressed with their passing game, line play was weak in the first half, but they made excellent adjustments at halftime and dominated the rest of the way. I think they will give FH a game both times we play them. I don't see it being anymore than 2 TDs each time and like you said, they get a few bounces and they could easily snakebite FH. I am more concerned this year over FH winning it all vs any of the last 3. This year there is so much hype and expectation, that it is easy to get lost and believe your own press. Stay focused. Stay hungry and most of all stay humble.

Allegany is a good football team. FH is a great football team. Good teams beat great teams sometimes. I agree that FH should avoid buying into the hype of believing their press. Focus on each week, gameplan for the team their playing, everyone do their job and avoid penalties and turnovers. Do those things and from here on out the big red will win and win by 2 td's or more the rest of the way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT