ADVERTISEMENT

Allegany vs Mt. Ridge

Mountain Ridge wasnt as bad as that 42 to 7 score last week. They had 7 turnovers. It was early second quarter last week when they were driving to take the lead and fumbled the ball away. HHS scored on a long run, and it was over from there. With that being said, off to an 0-2 start, Alco returns the opening kickoff for a touchdown it could of easily been downhill again. Very proud of these young men to come back and stick to the game plan and thoroughly dominate the play the rest of the game. Great job Miners'.

Okay, this doesn't make any sense. With two players getting incredible praise one being the second coming of Robinette at fb and the other the fastest kid to ever set foot on a football field from the time he was an 8th grader, a coach that everybody has complete and total confidence in, what the hell???? This is crazy.
Let's not forget this group of juniors smacked fh around at little hc last season and people were very positive about the outlook based on that game alone.
Can somebody who was at this game please give the honest assessment of what happened.
They smacked FH around with a lot of help from freshman kids last year

Why didn't Alco #30 play the 2nd half.

I guess Lags has no comment until the video's are complete

I don't know about turning on him but when 75% of your fans gets up and walks out 1/2 way thru the 4th qtr.....that speaks volumes

I think tonight showed a lot of what allegany is as a team this year... bad.

The defense was getting gashed every play, allowed mountain ridge to get the corner when ever they wanted, and couldn’t tackle.

The Offensive line was slow and couldn’t generate a push, the backs couldn’t do anything or get anywhere, and when it came time to rely on the QB a pick 6 was the result.

Last week against Perry, all Hansel could talk about in his post game interview was how great his team played and it really looked like that was his mentality in getting allegany ready for tonight. I look for more of the same next week against Williamsport except it will be through the air not on the ground.

I agree this was crazy. Ridge was prepared. Allegany was clueless. Great win, congrats to Ridge they were definetly the better team by far. It was complete domination and an embarrassment for Alco.

Wow - M.R.'s kicker/punter is 6'4" and 275 lbs. Top 3 biggest kids on the team...and he's a kicker? I could see M/R. already had enough "beef", but c'mon.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
I think tonight showed a lot of what allegany is as a team this year... bad.

The defense was getting gashed every play, allowed mountain ridge to get the corner when ever they wanted, and couldn’t tackle.

The Offensive line was slow and couldn’t generate a push, the backs couldn’t do anything or get anywhere, and when it came time to rely on the QB a pick 6 was the result.

Last week against Perry, all Hansel could talk about in his post game interview was how great his team played and it really looked like that was his mentality in getting allegany ready for tonight. I look for more of the same next week against Williamsport except it will be through the air not on the ground.

My post before the game pretty much dogged the passing offense, turnovers and the special teams - I didn't offer a score projection on MR after seeing those flaws.. Well, watching them play Perry and hearing about a short stint with Dunbar really doesn't tell the full story: Robinette was the anchor of last year's offense and.... lest I forget.... the anchor of the defense as well. Maybe this team is too young or lacks his grit week after week.

Last year Alco ran into a 'Ridge' and this year as well. MR was obviously looking for redemption at home after a tough loss... and Allegany ran into them. Didn't see or listen to the game.

Looking at the posts, Alco drew within striking distance but MR rolled over them again and put 'em away. Before the season started I thought this was a rebuilding year of maybe a 500 season. If they have another game like this, at least that outcome will begin to become apparent.

Cant really give him credit as he has Alco losing every game.. Eventually he will be right lol...
3 games into the season I’m 2 for 2. ive predicted a Dunbar loss (yeah I know it was canceled so I didn’t count it), a Perry win, and a mountain ridge loss. Follow my predictions through out the year and maybe just maybe I’ll get some credit for my picks.

Reactions: Waggle Pass
I believe this is only the second time Ridge has had the upper hand on Allegany. Please correct me if I am wrong. Has Ridge ever beaten Fort Hill?

I believe this is only the second time Ridge has had the upper hand on Allegany. Please correct me if I am wrong. Has Ridge ever beaten Fort Hill?
I dont think they have but I could be wrong. If they did beat FH it wasn't more than once. You would think since they get more kids than both of the Cumberland schools, they would win alot more than once here and there.. It looked like they had twice as many players as the Campers. It's sad when you look at Alco and see they actually have more cheerleaders than players. Alco has a small squad to start with but then you add the injuries and it's a nightmare. Two of Alleganys best players [ Shirey and Preskorn ] didn't play against the Miners. I dont think the outcome would be any different if they had played because Ridge is the better football team. They have the size and speed to put teams away if they can limit turnovers.. We looked very flat from the beginning and they were fired up ready to fight.. They punched us in the mouth and dominated the game.. A good well deserved victory for the Miners.

Reactions: Redwhite90
This was MR's 4th win over Allegany. They still dont have a win over FH in 11 tries

Mountain Ridge is now 4-8 versus Allegany in it's history. They have not defeated Fort Hill in 12 attempts, including 1 playoff game, the 2010 1A West Championship game. The last time a Frostburg high school defeated Fort Hill was the last year that Beall played them.

I dont think they have but I could be wrong. If they did beat FH it wasn't more than once. You would think since they get more kids than both of the Cumberland schools, they would win alot more than once here and there.. It looked like they had twice as many players as the Campers. It's sad when you look at Alco and see they actually have more cheerleaders than players. Alco has a small squad to start with but then you add the injuries and it's a nightmare. Two of Alleganys best players [ Shirey and Preskorn ] didn't play against the Miners. I dont think the outcome would be any different if they had played because Ridge is the better football team. They have the size and speed to put teams away if they can limit turnovers.. We looked very flat from the beginning and they were fired up ready to fight.. They punched us in the mouth and dominated the game.. A good well deserved victory for the Miners.

Two key players out could make all the difference in the world if their replacements were sophs. Preaskorn on the OL and LB for sure. Shirey is listed as RB and DL.

3 games into the season I’m 2 for 2. ive predicted a Dunbar loss (yeah I know it was canceled so I didn’t count it), a Perry win, and a mountain ridge loss. Follow my predictions through out the year and maybe just maybe I’ll get some credit for my picks.
I'll give you the credit now, you called it! I was very skeptical to think there was a remote chance you could be right, but when you have the balls to put it out there you get the credit!

Reactions: hbpass2
The rb/lb that killed Allegany came here from VA and supposedly has multiple Div. 1 schools looking at him. I don't know how Alco could not know to key on him and on offense block him. As I said during the game he was in on or disrupted every Alco running play and I don't know how many rushing yards he had, but Alco struggled trying to bring him down. He killed Alco on both sides of the ball. He is a beast and a great athlete. It looked like a man playing with kids

Reactions: hbpass2
This game was won on the line. Multiple Mtn Ridge runners were gashing Alco and the Campers had no holes to run through.

Reactions: camper21502
Does anyone know about the recruiting status of the kid? Someone from Ridge told me he was a dominating player in VA being recruited by d1 schools, because of issues he moved up here with his Uncle

The rb/lb that killed Allegany came here from VA and supposedly has multiple Div. 1 schools looking at him. I don't know how Alco could not know to key on him and on offense block him. As I said during the game he was in on or disrupted every Alco running play and I don't know how many rushing yards he had, but Alco struggled trying to bring him down. He killed Alco on both sides of the ball. He is a beast and a great athlete. It looked like a man playing with kids

He played for Fork Union Military Academy, VA last year. A couple of videos are available.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
Thank you Power Ram. He is definetly going to be a force in this area just like he was against Allegany. Fork Union Military Academy had a bad record losing a lot of close games, but what stood out is they scored 86 points in 1 game against trinity lol

Reactions: camper21502
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT