ADVERTISEMENT

Alco/Ridge

The Miners only need a few plays to take the lead back. Extra point good. 24-21 MR. What a game this has been! 1:36 left in the third quarter.

Hasn't worked tonight. MR usually has a decent advantage with their kicker forcing opposing teams to drive 80 yards after the kickoff.

Mountain Ridge holds on to the slim 24-21 lead at the end of three. Alco set up with 4th and short to start the fourth quarter.

MR uses a fumble on a first down play to help force the first punt of the second half. Good punt by Alco though. MR set up at their own 25.

Mountain Ridge drove the ball deep in Alco territory but the drive stalled, and the Campers held. They get the ball with just over four minutes to go.

Campers are 0-4 on the night passing the ball. Last one hurts the most. Miners take over on downs with 1:00 to go.

Mountain Ridge kneels the ball twice and the Miners escape Cumberland with a narrow 24-21 win to keep their win streak against all teams not named Fort Hill alive for at least one more week.

What a game! Wow!

Well I'm glad I decided to go to the stadium tonight. Alco holds Ridge TO on downs, drives down to the Ridge 30 and stalls there. Alco has NO passing game, or this could've been different.

24-21. Awesome to see a good local game like this.

Well I'm glad I decided to go to the stadium tonight. Alco holds Ridge TO on downs, drives down to the Ridge 30 and stalls there. Alco has NO passing game, or this could've been different.

24-21. Awesome to see a good local game like this.
Some very questionable calls by the MR coaching staff made it closer than it should've been as well. Allegany's inability to pass the ball hurt them when they needed it. Their ability to run the ball effectively on first down all night kept them in the game. I can't tell you how many times they were 2nd and 5 or less.

I have to give credit to Mountain Ridge. They faced adversity for the first time in a long time (against someone other than Fort Hill) in each of the past two weeks. They overcame it and pulled out both games. I am very concerned with the Mountain Ridge defense after tonight.

Like I said earlier in the season, Ridge has some work to do. But a win is a win, even if it was ugly.
The taunting penalty on Ridge (a legit penalty by the way), was a killer. I believe they would have been set up with a first and goal late in the fourth. Instead the penalty pushed them out of the redzone, and eventually turned the ball over on downs. On to next week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT