ADVERTISEMENT

Alco / Southern score

cumbfanatic

Franchise Poster
Sep 13, 2009
Southern is a decent 1A team, but not in the top tier.

Alco up 14 - 0 first quarter Southern can't stop them

Alco defense and special teams is still absolutely horrible

Last edited:
Allegany is so undisciplined, it's terrible. Earlier in the game a player got an unsportsmanlike it's every week.

Allegany is so undisciplined, it's terrible. Earlier in the game a player got an unsportsmanlike it's every week.

Not at Northern. Pretty decent game all around. Couple block in the back calls and a personal foul for helmet contact, which really had three players jumping for the ball.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
Figures, good to see you can repeat what WCBC says.
The coach was trying to break up a fight.

Come on. Are you trying to be a mixer? Of course he was trying to break something up. Who said he wasn't. My point remains, he shouldn't put his hands on an apposing player. That got the Alco bench into it. He should have let the refs take care of it and make sure his own team... get it... make sure his own team doesn't get involved.

In fact, I am sure that is why they called opposing penalties. The Southern coach was primarily responsible for the thing getting out of hand.

Reactions: bigdawgrefwmd
The Allegany player shouldnt have been fighting. Earlier in the game an Allegany player shouldn't have got an unsportsmanlike for running his mouth

The Allegany player shouldnt have been fighting. Earlier in the game an Allegany player shouldn't have got an unsportsmanlike for running his mouth

Can't disagree with that. Early in the year there was a lot of that stuff. Alco is not a sizable team and they make up for it by playing with a lot of emotion. Hansel got them under control for a while at least. But yes, this is not one of their better controlled games. Working up to FH I guess.

Get the starters out if they haven't already. Way to much to gamble with Homecoming next week

Get the starters out if they haven't already. Way to much to gamble with Homecoming next week

I thought nobody got tossed and then I think I heard 3 got tossed. WCBC said they will ask Hansel about it. They can't afford to lose a single player...

This is complete bullshit. Southern coach put his hands on an Allegany player and the Alco bench reacts. Never should have been any ejections. Total and complete bullshit. Fort Hill doesn't need any help from the refs.

This is complete bullshit. Southern coach put his hands on an Allegany player and the Alco bench reacts. Never should have been any ejections. Total and complete bullshit. Fort Hill doesn't need any help from the refs.
There should have been more then 3. Kid from southern that went to ground with the alco kid should have been ejected as well. From what I heard the 3 alco players that were ejected came off the bench. I always thought that if a player left the bench during a fight then he was automatically ejected but I guess not.

Allegany shouldn't have been fighting or leaving the sideline running across the field. You would never see FH do that.

Oh Jesus Christ. How in the hell does Fort Hill get brought into this.

Allegany is already a massive underdog. Fort Hill doesn't need help from the refs who should have ejected the Southern coach. The crap happened on the Southern side. So, of course nobody there went on the field. When you see the Southern coach and the Southern team get on your guy what are you going to do. Hell, even the Allegany coaches ran onto the field.

Allegany shouldn't have been fighting or leaving the sideline running across the field. You would never see FH do that.

If a FH player was being mugged on the other sideline and the other team's coach joined in and also grabbed the FH player being mugged.... yes, the FH team would have run on the field. You can bet on it.

Allegany is already a massive underdog. Fort Hill doesn't need help from the refs who should have ejected the Southern coach. The crap happened on the Southern side. So, of course nobody there went on the field. When you see the Southern coach and the Southern team get on your guy what are you going to do. Hell, even the Allegany coaches ran onto the field.
It’s amazing how much insight you have into this situation when you wernt there to see it happen.
Once again how does a fight that didn’t involve Fort Hill in ANYWAY end up with it being fort hills fault.

I'm not going argue with you. It would have never happened with FH. Allegany has no discipline and is an embarrassment. That kid should have not been involved in a fight in the first place. when the play is over run back to the huddle. How many fights/skirmishes has an Allegany player been in this year?? WAY TOO MANY

Reactions: hbpass2
It’s amazing how much insight you have into this situation when you wernt there to see it happen.
Once again how does a fight that didn’t involve Fort Hill in ANYWAY end up with it being fort hills fault.

Why your question about something being FH's fault when nothing in this thread mentions anything about fH being at fault.

I'm not going argue with you. It would have never happened with FH. Allegany has no discipline and is an embarrassment. That kid should have not been involved in a fight in the first place. when the play is over run back to the huddle. How many fights/skirmishes has an Allegany player been in this year?? WAY TOO MANY
I agree the fight never should have happened in the first place. The game was chippy up until the fight but the referees did nothing settle either side down. Throw a few flags early and maybe the fight doesn’t happen.

Reactions: Lagmeister
Why your question about something being FH's fault when nothing in this thread mentions anything about fH being at fault.
Sorry I guess I was trying to make an intuitive leap between you saying that everything that happened was bullshit and that the refs were helping Fort Hill. I figured I’d beat you to the point of saying that what happened was fort hills fault.

Hansel said 3 players got ejected for leaving the bench area. The whole F'N team left the bench area. So did the coaches. Bad, bad incident. If that happens on the street, the cops are called and assault charges filed.

Hansel dismisses incident by saying they were "rallying around #72". "Rallying around"....huh... Hansel is entitled to his opinion. 'Course Todd Apple voiced his opinion last week with the word "ridiculous" and there was a 9 page thread about it.

What is to say this will not happen next week? Allegany has set the precedence that very little will happen as far as disciplinary actions.

I really believe if homecoming is not week there would have been ejections or maybe even the game would have been stopped.

I hope Comm.Vid does the right thing and edits the situation out of the re-play tonight. It was terrible to see it once, don't think it needs to be re-shown. Of course, WCBC is having a 1/2 hr post game discussion about it. Don't be surprised if Jim Zamagias twists this into Fort Hill's fault.

Allegany had the clock running the 2nd half but I didn't see any passing. That surprised me. After all, isn't that the time practice it?

It was a bad situation. But, calmer heads prevailed and the game went on. I think both coaches are remorseful about the innocent and will use use it as a learning tool.

Believe it or not, it could have been worse. What would of happened if fans would have came onto the field?

Two players got entangled on the sideline. It happens in many games at all levels. Don't paper over the fact that an opposing coach got involved and grabbed an Allegany player. You can puff up what you think a FH team would do, but I think the only real embarrassment to Cumberland football recently was what came out of Appel's mouth.

Sorry I guess I was trying to make an intuitive leap between you saying that everything that happened was bullshit and that the refs were helping Fort Hill. I figured I’d beat you to the point of saying that what happened was fort hills fault.

Well, I am glad we cleared that up. In fact, I think the refs are going to review the tape and there may be some kind of a different result. Or, it could be worse. Bottom line, when your guy is on the other sideline all by himself and you even see the coach grab your guy.... Hell, I don't blame the team for going over at all. Not at all.

But, this might be splitting hairs but you can't yell at Southern's coaches for touching an Allegany player when they were trying to break up the fight. What was the Southern coaches to do, just stand there and let them fight?

Can't wait to hear what John and Gary say via Lags.

Never saw the incident, but wcbc made excuses for Alco's actions. And, yes, I get they are kids. And, yes, I get that it's an emotional moment. But, in the long run, it's accountability that makes kids into better adults. Now, if it's reviewed and cleared, ok. But WCBC's excuses were a bit much.

That's kind of what I was suggesting, especially when you have the most coveted position in town
I. Guess when you have the second coveted position in town you shouldn't let your kids leave the bench to fight the other team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT